IMG_2772_(resized).JPG
IMG_2771_(resized).JPG
IMG_2769_(resized).JPG
IMG_2789_(resized).JPG
IMG_2791_(resized).JPG
IMG_2788_(resized).JPG
IMG_2784_(resized).JPG
IMG_2782_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Parts - for sale

Parting Out Mostly Working "No Good Gofers"

Added: 2016-06-30 03:38:50 UTC
Condition: Used, fair condition

#2 7 years ago

Gives me the eeby jeebies. Fumugate it

#3 7 years ago

That sucks! I could use some stuff I'm sure but not sure it's worth the risk

#4 7 years ago

That's a shame. Oh well.

If you can find someone with a fumigation chamber/vault for furniture, they would be able to take care of the termite problem. But I have no idea if something like that even exists on the virgin islands. You can try calling some of the pest control places in your area...maybe someone has a chamber or knows of someone who does and can point you in the right direction.

https://www.google.com/search?q=virgin+islands+pest+control

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pain-in-the-frass-termites

#5 7 years ago

They can tent it and fumigate the termites. I had an extermination company in New Orleans tent and fumigate a 2400 square foot, two story house. It can be done.

#6 7 years ago

Termites are bad for pinball machines.
It's risky and taking a chance of spreading to other machines by using those parts.
I say burn it!!!!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Termites are bad for pinball machines.
It's risky and taking a chance of spreading to other machines by using those parts.
I say burn it!!!!

Wooden parts, maybe. Metal & plastic parts should be fine as long as there are no eggs attached.

#8 7 years ago

To those who are worried or believe there is a risk from using these parts - - there is absolutely NO risk from using parts from this machine as long as they are not constructed of wood. You can see termites and/or their eggs.

Buy with confidence - you will NOT infest another machine by using ramps, plastics, boards, or anything else that is not made of wood.

#9 7 years ago

If you can fumigate the Pin and the PF is safe, you could do a cabinet swap. GL, great title

#10 7 years ago

PM and email sent.

#11 7 years ago

I guess he does not want to sell parts, no responses on email or PM.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Yeah I know, I contacted him a few days ago about some items via PM and email and nada....Kinda bugs me when folks post an ad and they don't respond to it...

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yeah I know, I contacted him a few days ago about some items via PM and email and nada....Kinda bugs me when folks post an ad and they don't respond to it...

lol you said bugs me

#14 7 years ago

Well at least termites don't eat mirrored backglasses.
That is what I wanted along with the WPC95 audio/visual board.
Always "shaking, baking, and flaking" in the pinball world.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Same... Bummer, I wanted the ramps

#16 7 years ago

Don't forget, everything there is on island time. I've talked with the OP. He's first seeing if anyone on the island wants a project.

If not, I've asked him to strip the entire thing and send it to me, except the cab, of course. I'm kinda afraid of what shipping might be, but feel that I need to save this. I'm hoping he can just put it all in a shipping container.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Don't forget, everything there is on island time. I've talked with the OP. He's first seeing if anyone on the island wants a project.

Then he should not have posted parts for direct sale if he is "testing the pinball waters".
He wasted people's time who have the money to immediate purchase.
I have lived overseas and shipped entire machines back to the continental United States, both in protectorates and foreign countries, so if he is not aware of how to ship things back, once again, why is he listing a potentially parted game for sale?
Small parts are not a big deal, as he is correct regarding PR you can use either the USPS, UPS, or Fedex.
Same thing again.
Dependent on the amount of household goods, not everything is normally put in a shipping container, it is crated, sometimes flown dependent on the customer, the time he needs arrival, and his willingness to spend the money to do so.
If he needs for assistance, he can ask me.

#18 7 years ago

Sent PM with some good advise and no response

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-out-mostly-working-no-good-gofers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.