You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f141.JPG
f142.JPG
f143.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Parting out an F-14 Tomcat Machine. Here is a list of what is available. Any reasonable offer and part you need is yours.

1. Playfield fully populated top and bottom. Artwork on the wood is trashed.Plastics are in great condition, with 1 exception.
Wire ramps are all in great shape. Entire populated playfield $200. If you just want a piece or 2 that’s fine also.

2. Yellow and red Light covers are in great shape.

3. Speaker panel is in great shape ( displays not included)

4. Transformer works perfect.

At the moment I cannot get the CPU to boot up, so I cannot test the displays or the Light motor. Working on it now.
f143.JPGf142.JPGf141.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Is there cab damage making you want to part it? You should be able to sell as a project

#3 8 years ago

How much for just the spinner and spinner switch? I've been looking for one for a while and everywhere I look is out of stock.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

You should be able to sell as a project

Especially when repro F-14 playfields are on the near horizon....

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Especially when repro F-14 playfields are on the near horizon....

Exactly what I was thinking. If you're going to all the trouble to try to get it to boot to test displays and beacons, why not take the next step and make it a fully working game? These sell for $1000-$1500 all day long. Imagine how much it would sell for with a brand spank me new playfield in it.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from adaman25:

How much for just the spinner and spinner switch? I've been looking for one for a while and everywhere I look is out of stock.

You can get spinner blanks and decal sets. Are switches hard to find?

#7 8 years ago

I've been dying to find a project like this! Where are you located?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You can get spinner blanks and decal sets. Are switches hard to find?

No switches aren't hard to find but the spinner blanks are. Haven't had much luck finding the blanks in stock and if they are, they're pricey. Figured it would be cheaper to get the whole thing together.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from adaman25:

No switches aren't hard to find but the spinner blanks are. Haven't had much luck finding the blanks in stock and if they are, they're pricey. Figured it would be cheaper to get the whole thing together.

Yeah they are pricey. $10-15 bucks everywhere you look, but...you get nice straight wires on them. I have a bad habit of breaking them when I try to straighten them. I think I treat them as delicately as playfield glass now.

#10 8 years ago

Cabinet art is shot. If you were going to keep it you would need new cabinet decals.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah they are pricey. $10-15 bucks everywhere you look, but...you get nice straight wires on them. I have a bad habit of breaking them when I try to straighten them. I think I treat them as delicately as playfield glass now.

Yeah. Last time I found a blank spinner in stock it was $25. Add in the new switch and decals and your looking at almost $45. That's why I figured I would wait for a used one.

#12 8 years ago

I want the coin door...
PM sent

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from avenger:

Cabinet art is shot. If you were going to keep it you would need new cabinet decals.

Or just sand and repaint it with Stencils from marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-554-SK

#14 8 years ago

Oh I should also mention that the translite has about a fist sized chunk taken out of one corner, so unfortunately that is useless as well.
If anyone wants the entire machine, which is complete $400

#15 8 years ago

PM sent

#16 8 years ago

PM sent

#19 8 years ago

Note on the display assembly: The P3 display looks to have been replaced and isn't even the correct display. Someone put an old Bally/Stern 6 digit numeric display in place of a 7 digit one! If any of the other displays have tiny white dots in them, they're shot. The P4 display looks quite burned but may still work but displays are always a huge gamble if you can't power them up to test.

PM sent for other parts.

#20 8 years ago

Plastic set is sold
Beacons and motor are sold - long bracket that holds beacons still available
Spinner and switch sold

Still have
Apron
Speaker panel (without displays)
Anything else on top of, or below the playfield
Coin door

Reasonable offer on anything

#21 8 years ago

Location?

How's the CPU? Not concerned whether it works or not, more concerned with alkaline damage or hacks...

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Location?
How's the CPU? Not concerned whether it works or not, more concerned with alkaline damage or hacks...

i will fight you for it! ROAR! =P

6 months later
#23 7 years ago

Hi I'm looking for in a 14 speaker panel if you still have one how much thanks Ted

4 weeks later
#24 7 years ago

WTF is with the red bumper post screwed into the VUK lane? This would make the whole game pointless!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!