IMG_4661 (resized).JPG
IMG_4660 (resized).JPG
IMG_4659 (resized).JPG
IMG_4657 (resized).JPG
IMG_4658 (resized).JPG
IMG_4656 (resized).JPG
IMG_4649 (resized).JPG
IMG_4653 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Parting out Apollo 13

Added: 2017-05-18 18:09:12 UTC • Ended: May 23rd, 2017
Condition: Used, fair condition

Price

$ 20 (OBO)

Open for offers

Just received a barn find Apollo 13. I would rather not restore this game, it needs a new cabinet imo. So I will be parting it out, I will keep the Playfield unless a decent offer is made, it's really dirty, but it looks like the boards are clean and parts are complete.

If you need something please let me know

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Chosen_S's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Chosen_S's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Midland, TX, US

#2 6 years ago

I'm sure someone would want it as a project. They don't surface too often. I'd jump on it if this was nearby. I would enjoy having an Apollo 13 in my collection.

Do you have any photos?

#3 6 years ago

I'm not beyond a 5 hour drive for the right deal.. *edit* It would have to be an extraordinary deal for me right now...lol. Surely we have someone in Dallas or Austin that would want it..

#4 6 years ago

What are you asking for it

#5 6 years ago

I have seen pictures of this game. It is very, very, very rough.

Frax it would be a great challenge to bring it back to working condition. I will let him tell you the price, but it did not seem outrageous to me for the condition and the fact that it is mostly intact.

You will need to do a lot of labor to get it cleaned up so that you could start working through the real problems.
If you intend to keep it, I think it would be worth the time, effort and expense. If you would like to buy low and then sell it for market, you might just break even (outside of the labor cost).

Anyway, It's not for the faint of heart. It's definitely a major project.

Marcus

#6 6 years ago

Ok, you guys asked for em...

$1000 obo for it, I'll vacuum out the cabinet if someone wants to buy the entire thing, otherwise I'll part it out.

The cab is solid, the left side paint is peeling badly, should make sanding easy.

Dirt galore, this was a home for squirrels
Some wires are chewed in the bottom of the cab, the wiring under the pf is clear and clean

The boards appear unabused, no way to test, no batteries in the holder, small amount of corosion on the holder.

IMG_4650 (resized).JPGIMG_4650 (resized).JPG

IMG_4651 (resized).JPGIMG_4651 (resized).JPG

IMG_4652 (resized).JPGIMG_4652 (resized).JPG

IMG_4654 (resized).JPGIMG_4654 (resized).JPG

IMG_4653 (resized).JPGIMG_4653 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago

Whoa, that's probably the most amount of shells I've seen in a game before.

Wish I was local. I'd probably be comfortable tackling that. Granted--it's not a project for everyone, though.

Does it have the translite?

#8 6 years ago

Wow! Looks like the squirrels had a good time!
Looks like there are a couple balls in the coin box area and in the trough; Must not have been any glass over the playfield? Wonder what led to its abandonment?

#9 6 years ago

Looks like it just needs a new fuse.

#10 6 years ago

Some Novus will do the trick!

#11 6 years ago

Typical wear for its age!

Marcus

#12 6 years ago

Ran when parked!

#13 6 years ago

There's no translite, or legs. I'm going to check interest over the weekend for the purchase of the entire game, if there's no interest, I'll start pulling parts next week.

#14 6 years ago

Somebody save the astronauts.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

There's no translite, or legs. I'm going to check interest over the weekend for the purchase of the entire game, if there's no interest, I'll start pulling parts next week.

Getting a translite should not be a problem:

https://ksarcade.net/apollo-13-sega-pinball-translite.html

#16 6 years ago

That thing looks more like Apollo 1.

#17 6 years ago

Ohh....yeah. That's a no for me. Price is right, but I can't have that in my living room and I have no garage. That will make two games in the last two months that I really want and couldn't buy because I didn't have an appropriate place to deal with it safely...argh.

#18 6 years ago

If I were to dive into it, I'd take everything to the sink, or to my polishing wheel,

#19 6 years ago

This is tempting.

#20 6 years ago

If you do decide to part it out, i'm interested in the launch t handle. Mine is missing on my Apollo 13.

#21 6 years ago

Man, that REALLY hurts to see! I would not mind the work just because it's a cool game/theme. (and I've got a translite already in a frame on the wall in the game room!) And of course, the universe is taking vengeance on me with the timing. I'd happily (and frantically) scrounge up $400 to wave as an offer, but it would likely be close to a month before I could mount a retrieval run...

Please excuse the blatant whining... It's been a long day that has been going out of it's way to pretend to be a Monday and then I see this...

Sigh... Some days I really just should not read these boards...

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Man, that REALLY hurts to see! I would not mind the work just because it's a cool game/theme. (and I've got a translite already in a frame on the wall in the game room!) And of course, the universe is taking vengeance on me with the timing. I'd happily (and frantically) scrounge up $400 to wave as an offer, but it would likely be close to a month before I could mount a retrieval run...
Please excuse the blatant whining... It's been a long day that has been going out of it's way to pretend to be a Monday and then I see this...
Sigh... Some days I really just should not read these boards...

Right? That's how I feel about Craigslist. I missed a 100 buck NES Classic with a controller extension cable yesterday!

#23 6 years ago

My Monday has lasted all week

IMG_4649 (resized).JPGIMG_4649 (resized).JPG

IMG_4656 (resized).JPGIMG_4656 (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago

Ouch! These are times I'm thankful to have a raised foundation with a nice crawlspace.

#25 6 years ago

What the hell would you do with that pf? No restoring that...Part it. Or give it back to the squirrels.
I had a nice one that took forever to sell.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

What the hell would you do with that pf? No restoring that...Part it. Or give it back to the squirrels.
I had a nice one that took forever to sell.

I'm willing to bet that after a good cleaning, it will look fine. I've had plenty of playfields that looked nasty when I got the game, but under the dirt, grime, debris, and nests, they weren't in bad shape.

#27 6 years ago

I guess the OP needs to wipe this pf down, and show it. I could be wrong, but damn...
Was the bottom of cab sagging from moisture and the weight of transformer?

#28 6 years ago

I wish you lived closer. Hope someone save it.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My Monday has lasted all week

So that's why I pay for insurance. Man that sucks!

#30 6 years ago

Pm sent....I want to restore/save it!!

#31 6 years ago

That playfield should be fine. Apollo 13 had factory installed mylar covering most of the playfield.

#32 6 years ago

Burn it !!
This is a salvage not to rescue

#33 6 years ago

I would love to purchase that launch T-handle for my game, but that game is restorable.
I wouldn't part it out.

#34 6 years ago

I would take it, but looks some wear by the flippers.....

#35 6 years ago

can you post a shooter lane pic?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm willing to bet that after a good cleaning, it will look fine. I've had plenty of playfields that looked nasty when I got the game, but under the dirt, grime, debris, and nests, they weren't in bad shape.

I agree with FF. Bet after a solid cleaning, it's not all bad. My Eatpm was bad when I got her, and she cleaned up very nicely.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I would take it, but looks some wear by the flippers.....

cabinet decals are available

or did you mean the playfield...too dirty to tell

#38 6 years ago

Is the playfield warped due to moisture ?
I see rust all over.

If it's straight I take my comment back to burn it
It just needs $3k + to restore
- new boards
- new decals
- new motors
- new glass
- new LEDs
- new Translite
- new topper
- new switches
- new ramps
- new rubber
- new legs
Etc

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Is the playfield warped due to moisture ?
I see rust all over.
If it's straight I take my comment back to burn it
It just needs $3k + to restore
- new boards
- new decals
- new motors
- new glass
- new LEDs
- new Translite
- new topper
- new switches
- new ramps
- new rubber
- new legs
Etc

Much of this is true, the boards are salvageable... most of the switches will be ok as well as the motors, the ramps are fine but need cleaning and polishing, I don't see rust, there's dirt caked on that looks like rust in the pics.

#40 6 years ago

Looked over the pics closely, its a diamond in the rough.
Pm if its still available, im interested.

#41 6 years ago

failure is not an option! someone restore this sucker, it has potential

#42 6 years ago

It needs a NEW or at least intact wire harness, the bottom of the cab needs to be ripped out and replaced, I believe the ramp is heat warped ... this is an extreme project.

IMG_4658 (resized).JPGIMG_4658 (resized).JPG

IMG_4657 (resized).JPGIMG_4657 (resized).JPG

IMG_4659 (resized).JPGIMG_4659 (resized).JPG

IMG_4660 (resized).JPGIMG_4660 (resized).JPG

IMG_4661 (resized).JPGIMG_4661 (resized).JPG

IMG_4662 (resized).JPGIMG_4662 (resized).JPG

IMG_4663 (resized).JPGIMG_4663 (resized).JPG

IMG_4664 (resized).JPGIMG_4664 (resized).JPG

IMG_4665 (resized).JPGIMG_4665 (resized).JPG

IMG_4666 (resized).JPGIMG_4666 (resized).JPG

IMG_4667 (resized).JPGIMG_4667 (resized).JPG

IMG_4668 (resized).JPGIMG_4668 (resized).JPG

IMG_4669 (resized).JPGIMG_4669 (resized).JPG

#43 6 years ago

Yikes...the chewed wiring does make a restoration much more difficult...

#44 6 years ago

Yes, anything is possible, but I would have a hard time doing this even if it were my favorite game

#45 6 years ago

Looks like the pinballs might have to visit the tumbler..

#46 6 years ago

Don't you guys have hantavirus in Texas?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Don't you guys have hantavirus in Texas?

It's always a good idea to wear a mask and gloves when handling a game that was home to rodents or mold.

#48 6 years ago

Interested in the shaker and control board if parted...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's always a good idea to wear a mask and gloves when handling a game that was home to rodents or mold.

Agreed

#50 6 years ago

My enjoyment of repairing / restoring pins ends when a mask and gloves are needed to avoid disease

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-out-apollo-13/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.