IMG_4971 (resized).jpg
IMG_4969 (resized).jpg
IMG_4968 (resized).jpg
IMG_4967 (resized).jpg
IMG_4966 (resized).jpg
IMG_4974 (resized).jpg
IMG_4973 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

She's pretty much parted out as it is. It's 99.9% there, so almost anything you need is there. Playfield is about bare, backglass is so-so, some broken plastics, cab is kinda rough from an STI-related move. I would love to put it back together but have a LOT going on/out of space.

If you need something specific shoot me a PM. If I get someone who would buy the whole thing to put back together i'd sell for $525 delivered thru Fastenal, but please notify me by the end of the day today. I will start taking requests for specific parts/assemblies tomorrow AM. I'll donate $25 to Pinside after I sell off everything. Thanks!

IMG_4966 (resized).jpgIMG_4966 (resized).jpgIMG_4967 (resized).jpgIMG_4967 (resized).jpgIMG_4968 (resized).jpgIMG_4968 (resized).jpgIMG_4969 (resized).jpgIMG_4969 (resized).jpgIMG_4971 (resized).jpgIMG_4971 (resized).jpgIMG_4972 (resized).jpgIMG_4972 (resized).jpgIMG_4973 (resized).jpgIMG_4973 (resized).jpgIMG_4974 (resized).jpgIMG_4974 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

what is the serial number for prosperity?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

what is the serial number for prosperity?

I think you mean "posterity", no?
C'mon. Somebody step up and take the whole thing and bring it back to life (I have WAY too many projects already).

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

C'mon. Somebody step up and take the whole thing and bring it back to life (

Someone should restore it and make it pretty again. Worth the effort IMO considering what this one on eBay sold for:

ebay.com link: Sky Rocket Pinball Machine 1970 Bally

#5 4 years ago

please somebody save her. once it's parted out that game has gone forever.

man, if that was anywhere in australia would buy and restore

#6 4 years ago

If it were reasonable driving distance, I'd get it. I have a nice front door for it.

#7 4 years ago

I think if you give this a little more time, someone would step up to the plate.

#8 4 years ago

If I was closer I would surly reassemble it. make a great players table ! even bring it to a pinball show

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I think if you give this a little more time, someone would step up to the plate.

Time may be running out if OP starts selling individual parts.
OP has been suspiciously silent....

#10 4 years ago

I’m on the fence on this one. I don’t know how the Fastenal thing works. I’d like to see any damaged areas on the cabinet first. But your right, it’s been quiet.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Time may be running out if OP starts selling individual parts.
OP has been suspiciously silent....

I have one guy that wants key parts in the backbox but waiting just a little longer. Would love for the whole thing to go to one person

#12 4 years ago

Save me!

E25780F1-741B-4A83-A79C-D0046DD536D0 (resized).jpegE25780F1-741B-4A83-A79C-D0046DD536D0 (resized).jpeg
#13 4 years ago

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but on the topic of saving EMs, I have a Drop-a-Card project for free.

It’s complete but a major project. Cab joints need to be repaired, transformer is toasted. I’ll post it wider in a couple days but if anyone here is interested then send me a pm and I’ll get you some pics.

I’m in southern Maryland and don’t mind driving a couple hours to meet up. I might be able to bring it to York.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I have one guy that wants key parts in the backbox but waiting just a little longer. Would love for the whole thing to go to one person

Try to hold off parting it just a little longer if you can. Somebody will take it on as a project, and think of the great thread he will start and keep us all entertained with the progress!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Save me![quoted image]

Earlier I didn't want to ask any "dumb questions", a couple were: is the lift-top glass , apron & top arch there & in the most recent photo I see all those things.

It even looks like the back door is there

My next dumb question ... was the shipping included in the $525.oo

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Earlier I didn't want to ask any "dumb questions", a couple were: is the lift-top glass , apron & top arch there & in the most recent photo I see all those things.
It even looks like the back door is there
My next dumb question ... was the shipping included in the $525.oo

It’s all there
Yes; 525 shipped in the US thru fastenal

#17 4 years ago

D-A-C is spoken for, thanks for the interest.

Good luck with the Skyrocket, hopefully someone comes through.

Quoted from JimFNB:

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but on the topic of saving EMs, I have a Drop-a-Card project for free.
It’s complete but a major project. Cab joints need to be repaired, transformer is toasted. I’ll post it wider in a couple days but if anyone here is interested then send me a pm and I’ll get you some pics.
I’m in southern Maryland and don’t mind driving a couple hours to meet up. I might be able to bring it to York.

#18 4 years ago

Don’t part it out hold on someone will restore it . Rare title that’s Hot right now .

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Don’t part it out hold on someone will restore it . Rare title that’s Hot right now .

No bites so far....

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It’s all there
Yes; 525 shipped in the US thru fastenal

Oh *snap* I'm running out of excuses ....

I'll shoot you a PM

#21 4 years ago

Anyone in Chicago area want to trade for this? I'll pay for it to trade it.....just as long as it is saved an not parted out...

#22 4 years ago

I got a IL guy on it right now. Might be saved

#23 4 years ago

This would make a great parts game for somebody that already has one.

Great if somebody wants to take it on, but not every game needs to be saved. Otherwise there would be no spare parts. Looks like it was ready for the junk pile 40 years ago.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Great if somebody wants to take it on, but not every game needs to be saved. Otherwise there would be no spare parts. Looks like it was ready for the junk pile 40 years ago.

Oh I agree. This just tends to be a tougher title to find for some. I'll send it to your place towards your Skill Roll....

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I agree that there are some ratty pins that’ll rescue another 10 in parts, but this one might just be justifiable enough to patch together because of rarity and the desirability of SkyRocket lately

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I agree that there are some ratty pins that’ll rescue another 10 in parts, but this one might just be justifiable enough to patch together because of rarity and the desirability of SkyRocket lately

It's ultimately up to you then. Don't part it if at all possible.

#27 4 years ago

She’s sold (all of it) to one individual! Yay!

#28 4 years ago

Ok guys..... it’s coming home to the Ballyland. Call me partially crazy, but done right, it’s a stunning beauty. I would like to thank Eric for really working hard to see this machine stay in one piece. I will start a thread when this rebuild starts, but I’m not known to be fast. This one just called to me.
Thx

7 months later
#29 3 years ago

I just picked up a Skyrocket and will be setting it up this weekend. It will need some work but it's complete and pretty good condition. I found some Bally Test Game Reports so I think it could be a early game. Mine is serial number 1517 but I'm not sure the run of serial numbers. Here are some pics of the ad.

skyrocket 1 (resized).jpgskyrocket 1 (resized).jpgskyrocket 2 (resized).jpgskyrocket 2 (resized).jpgskyrocket 3 (resized).jpgskyrocket 3 (resized).jpg20200426_205820[1] (resized).jpg20200426_205820[1] (resized).jpg
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Ok guys..... it’s coming home to the Ballyland.

Did you ever get around to restoring the SkyRocket or have you posted any new photos of progress or Serial # etc.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from mccaffery123:

I just picked up a Skyrocket and will be setting it up this weekend. It will need some work but it's complete and pretty good condition. I found some Bally Test Game Reports so I think it could be a early game. Mine is serial number 1517 but I'm not sure the run of serial numbers. Here are some pics of the ad.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My Skyrocket's serial number is 1564. Congratulations on adding one to your line-up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 16.99
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parting-out-a-bally-skyrocket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.