You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
gtb-a1843 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Spyderturbo007, It looks like the nut is still on the broken screw in your first photo. If you don't remove the nut from the back side before turning the shoulder screw, you'll break it every time.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:...and, Gottlieb used something like loctite in those parts. The only reliable way to remove them is via heat.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Yep, This is the reason why I rarely take them apart anymore. I have freed some up that seemed like they were welded on without removing that screw. I use synthetic Super Lube to soften and get it moving. Followed by a solvent like 91% alcohol or mineral spirits. I liberally flow the solvent on and scrub it with a toothbrush until all the old grease breaks down and is removed and it pivots easily. Then I add one drop of super lube where they originally put that grease. I did some like this over 20 years ago (some with and some without the extra drop of oil) and they all still move freely.

Other sticky pivots that just require removal of a pin or clip I still disassemble to clean, but these just aren't worth the risk. If I couldn't free them up I would still take them apart, but I haven't found that necessary, so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-number-help-shoulder-bolt?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.