• Latest reply 9 years ago by viperrwk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2818.JPG
#1 9 years ago

i want to buy A-13901-2 for my IJ, opto ramp switch. I cant find it anywhere, does anyone know if I use the A-13901? It looks the same but has more IDC plugs. Heres mine.

DSCF2818.JPGDSCF2818.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Sorry, not sure on the board question.

First thing I would do is replace all of the hacked IDC connectors and see where things stand (that needs to be done even if you eventually have to replace the board).

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Sorry, not sure on the board question.
First thing I would do is replace all of the hacked IDC connectors and see where things stand (that needs to be done even if you eventually have to replace the board).

thats on the top of my list, i wanted to get a new board while im at it. thanks

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

I second that, not really a major task either. Just curious, has that board seen any water? By the looks of the retaining screws I would be suspect of water damage.

#5 9 years ago

+3 on the connector swap first.

Looks like a really simple board that doesn't have any visual problems (burned components, etc). The single IC looks to be in a socket already so it should be easily repaired if it is not working after the connector replacements.

#6 9 years ago

no water damage, im in hawaii, all metal looks bad here. Im going to replace the idc's, I just havent gotten them in mail yet, and I wanted to get a new board while im at it.

#7 9 years ago

Williams made four different versions of this board and by all accounts, they were all the same save for which plugs were populated on the board.

All had the power input J1 plug. The rest are populated and used as follows:

A-13091 - Used in FH
J2,J5 populated

A-13091-1 - Used in HSII, FT & CFTBL
J2, J3 populated

A-13091-2 - Used in IJ, Hot Shot, Slugfest
J2, J3, J4 populated

NOTE: In the IJ parts listing on IPDB, the P/N listed for this board is A-17042-3, but if you look at this photo, you'll see the same plugs populated:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=baa&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-A-17042-3
In both the IJ operations manual and Williams parts manual it's listed as A-13091-2:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Green_16-9932/index.html#/14/

A-13091-3 - Used in Hurricane
J2, J5 populated

One other thing to note. Starting with the FT schematic, this board has R10 at 220k and R12 at 22k. Previous schematics and all the parts listings have R10 at 22k and R12 at 100k. Looking at the photo of your board and seeing other instances of this board, I believe the FT, CFTBL and IJ schematics are wrong.

Edit: forgot to mention that in the Red parts manual it incorrectly lists the bypass capacitor for U1 as 100uf whereas in the Green manual it lists it correctly as .01uf.

So, to answer your question, you can use any version of this board in IJ as long as you have the correct plugs populated (J2, J3, J4). Or, you can simply buy the GLM board which has all plugs populated and some nice extra features like status LEDs:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/osb3.html

Also, I fourth the suggestion of repinning your connectors. New board alone may not solve your problem.

viperrwk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-a-13901-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.