Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, here's a thought, he was an "authorized distributor" for JJP.
    Maybe i should include JJP in on any lawsuit for POTC and WOZ?
    Once again, just rampant nonsense but thanks for the advice. I've bought MANY games over the past decade and I always come out on the plus side. One way or the other, this time will be no different.
    But you can root for my failure, it's ok. lol
    Either way, it won't affect my enjoyment of pinball!

You are barking up the wrong tree with Hemispheres. He is one of the best and an AUTHORIZED dealer that does not sell futures on pinballs that do not exist.

#319 3 years ago

iceman44

I have few questions maybe you would be willing to shed light on. Why does ASOA use a P.O. Box as an address? Why can no one seem to find or ever seen this physical warehouse or all these games he has on locations? Why does he need to meet a delivery guy in a parking lot to deliver his games?

These do not equate to the guy you seem to be describing? Are we ALL missing something?

#338 3 years ago

I have no horse in this race, just to be clear.

What do believe is I smell a rat, a big juicy rat that does not want to be sent down the legal drainpipe. Why? I have to believe J.D. is involved with "other" businesses that may not be quite on level surfaces either. Where else is this cash coming from? He goes down through the legal system and it ALL comes crashing down. If this were true and legit business failures, he would have been in court filing his B.K. for the LLC. Pay off the loudest, problem goes away, turn the attention to the other businesses. This is why MANY of you will see your refunds.

It doesn't matter how or why or what B.S. excuse is next, J.D. was selling Alien, R & M, & LE machines he never had from the get go. This is a fact that cannot be continuously glossed over.

Now where did all these discount machines that he did have to sell come from?
    I can give a little bit of a secret that distributors or operators can do to pocket cash. Lets say an OP buys 25 machines from a distributor and puts them all out on route. Oops, one is vandalized, Oops, one is stolen, Oops, one spontaneously combusted, Oops, one fell of the truck and they are now written off as losses. In reality, they are sold for cash, at a discount, and the Op just pocketed $16K in cash, tax free. You don't think that happens? So, J.D. gets himself a few Op's that wish to play ball and there are his sources. STERN can't do shit about that. I might have some enemies after posting this.

#362 3 years ago

Can anyone pinpoint a single game of any type that is on location by ASOA?

Some of the statements being made here do not add up that J.D. is an actual operator of anything.

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Personally, I think this guy might have started out with decent intentions. Then he either got in over his head, or he saw an opportunity to take advantage of folks. Either way, in my opinion, he's at the very least not a good business person. And based on everything I've read in these two threads, he's not very honest, or isn't as honest as he should be. Interesting couple of threads though. It would seem that there are some shenanigans involved at some level.

This is a possibility

4 months later
    #612 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Interesting. Hadn’t even seen this thread.
    Happy to hear that you guys have been getting paid back in full. That’s great!
    Do I share the same sentiments of Bill and Brian now? No
    Jonathan has kept his word since making the repayment agreement, handled everything in a professional way and is in the process of redeeming a previously bad situation
    I am his biggest creditor now and he has made excellent progress towards getting me paid back in full as well. And I’m happy with where things stand now.
    He’s back to being a friend again and I’m happy that he was able to survive Covid and start the comeback trail with his business and for his family.
    That’s just me. Life goes on

Wow. Is he offering you personal reach arounds too? Comeback trail? Seriously?

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Interesting. Hadn’t even seen this thread.

So is someone else using your account? See post # 63.

#617 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I said “Lately” numb nuts. How long ago was that? It still doesn’t show up in my feed for some reason. I have to search for it.
    So…..what’s your f ing problem?
    I’m getting paid back as his biggest creditor and others have been paid in full.
    Does reading comprehension escape you? Lol
    What is 2+2? Duh

Do you even know what you have written? Let alone know what you are talking about or or what you have read and posted on?

Yeah, you are getting paid. Good for you. You got lucky after getting suckered into this guy's web. Seeing how you can't figure out your posts, I can see how you got suckered. Must be an easy mark.

#628 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, wtf is your problem? Seriously. I got lucky?

Yes, because of these threads, you are getting your money back. Consider yourself lucky.

Quoted from iceman44:

I know full well what i've written and said in the past and where things stand today. So does everybody else who has been a part of this.

You have made it quite obvious that you don't know what you have written.

Quoted from iceman44:

Do you understand the phrase "chump change"? If you don't then look it up

Me? Wasn't it Jonathon that took you for quite the "chump"? How much money did he con you into investing on something that didn't exist? North of $50K? Is that the chump change you speak of?

Let's just blame it on covid-19, yeah that will do the trick.

3 months later
    #651 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball isn’t a really a $$ thing for me

So what is? Hookers & Blow?

1 year later
    #678 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

I consider Jonathan a friend and believe he has made right any wrong he once did

You are obviously a good friend. I also have good friends. However, there are a few of them I wouldn't vouch for them to borrow 50 cents.

Maybe you are willing to co-sign that $100K investment he is looking for?

Didn't think so.

#679 1 year ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

I got a call today from a guy in N.Y. Who Jonathan is courting to invest $100,000 in an arcade venture. Before investing the money however, he thought that it would be a good idea to get any information he could on his potential new business partner.
    He did a google search on Jonathan Demare and found my original thread and this one.
    Looks like Jonathan is back to his old tricks again. He must believe that the dust has settled after him lying low for a while and the time is right to jump back into “the game”.
    When the potential investor reached out to me I thought about what I should tell him.
    I remembered how nice Jonathan was and almost felt pity for him until I also remembered how he used his smooth tongue to make dear friends of me and then attempt to steal over $150,000 from me and another 15 of his Pinside “friends”.
    I thought back and remembered the many months (actually over 2 years) of anguish that I went through and how angry, sad, upset and financially stung we all felt over those two years when he had taken all of our money and refused to give any of it back or to deliver the pins he had promised us.
    I remembered all of the lies and stalling B.S. he told me whenever I was able to contact him.
    I remembered how many sleepless nights and days of mental anguish I endured over how he had stolen so much from me.
    I thought about how many times my wife and I argued over the money that I had lost by trusting him.
    I remembered that some of my fellow Pinsiders also had marital problems and almost family breakups over this thief taking advantage of us.
    The potential investor and I talked for a bit.

All you had to do was discuss facts. That should be all the information anyone would need.

Just because retribution is made, doesn't mean the past gets wiped clean. That's why references are SO important. It's something Jonathon will have to live with because of his own actions.

I applaud you for not sticking your head in the sand just because you got your money back.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.