Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I haven't even finished the original thread, but if what crwjumper says is true we can't go around posting details about him and his family. Legal action is the only technical way to handle this. The group of people I have been emailing with are all plotting the most logical progression. I am confident we'll find a way to highlight the crime and use the system to extract some sort of revenge.
    I agree this is good to talk about openly...it just makes sense for us to stay above the belt right now. I've lost a lot of money but I still consider myself fortunate based on how much I could have lost.

Regardless of what the OP thinks, is there a reason you haven’t contacted the Florida DOJ?

#98 3 years ago

Calling the DOJ actually means you have a better chance of getting paid. They’ll trace all his accounts and lock them up. You guys messing around with him is going to get you nothing. I think you’re making a big mistake not contacting them. Based on the BBB, other sites, I think this is going to be much bigger.

#100 3 years ago
    EC3B942F-6A96-4EEB-B741-D0CAF8E7453D (resized).jpegEC3B942F-6A96-4EEB-B741-D0CAF8E7453D (resized).jpeg
    #108 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seems pretty straight forward to me. The people he owes money to want to see him do well so he can pay them back all or a portion of what he owes them. If he goes to jail he can’t pay anyone back, if he goes into bankruptcy his motivation to pay people back may be significantly reduced.

So get the money out of him THEN contact the DOJ. That sounds pretty simple to me and is what should happen.

#140 3 years ago

If you contact the DOJ you won’t need to hire an attorney. They are the Attorney General. But hey, don’t listen to me. Keep hoping a con artist will pay you back and everyone else.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Flat out wrong. You keep repeating the same poor argument again and again
    Creditors haven’t even filed suit against the guy and you expect the DOJ to show up on his doorstep for some nominal white collar so called crime that can’t be proven?
    Look I’m sorry you don’t get it and can’t comprehend why everyone has chosen this path with Jonathan

Quoted from iceman44:

I have one ex client. Guy was an absolute piece of work on the extreme end of the spectrum. Most of my clients are great. It’s them usually getting screwed by a builder or bad business partner
    Had 5 or 6 cases going against his LLCs. Oil & gas oil field services. Just didn’t care and had no shame.
    Also had a few criminal cases against him for assault, child support, etc etc.
    He took a few hits from one collection attorney personally because the LLC failed to pay employees overtime and a very good collection attorney got a piece of him
    At the end of the day, he did have money, a lot of it, and kept most all of it. Even got away with stiffing his civil defense attorney for about $100k. My friend
    Not that easy fellas. Just saying. And I’ve got all kinds of great stories MUCH better than this one I promise you
    Best advice, do your due diligence and don’t get caught up in bad deals. However, sometimes life just throws you a curveball and you deal with it and learn from it

So based on your previous statements it’s sounds like you are involved here? If I were everyone here I would not take your word for anything. Sounds like a lot of cheerleading you are doing in opposition to getting the DOJ involved. When the DOJ takes over the case, there is no civil attorneys involved. The AG takes over, goes to a grand jury with the facts and victims/witnesses of the case, and an indictment is issued. This is the State of Florida doing this, not a civil attorney. Strange though you are really energetic on trying to convince people not to do this. I thought you bailed out of this conversation? For the rest of everyone else, not sure what you are waiting for. And taking advice from anybody but the authorities seems really bizarre at this point. If this were 1 or 2 cases, I’d say well try and get him to pay. I think we’re in double digits here and 6-7 figures in stolen money (that we know of). Contact the DOJ and let them shake the tree. And if this guy has zero money, we’ll don’t you at least want to see him do time?

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

This is a super trollish statement. You’re honestly saying that Pinside couldn’t include “a real reputable attorney” that got scammed in this way?
    I tend to think a high percentage of people on pinside are possibly “real reputable attorneys” because these games cost a ton of money!

Then hire Iceman since he’s reputable and be on your way to solving your issue. Sounds like he’s buddy’s with your scam artist Jonathan, so who knows maybe he’ll include a free pinball machine. I have to say though, this is the most bizarre thread of Stockholm Syndrome if I’ve ever seen it. So first your a victim and now it’s hands across America for Jonathan? Maybe you guys should start promoting ASOA & Jonathan now as a great business and nominate ASOA for a Twipy?

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Where in the world is all this money coming from he's paying people back with?!

Exactly. This is like watching a bad 80’s horror movie. Now that we are getting some money, let’s not question anything and celebrate behind the wall of chainsaws!

53016E0F-E69E-4F33-8640-087612681A08 (resized).jpeg53016E0F-E69E-4F33-8640-087612681A08 (resized).jpeg
    #313 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

All survivors are getting taken care of
    Why that isn’t good enough for some of you is beyond me

You don’t know that all the victims “are getting taken care of”. How about the people on BBB? They are still listed as unresolved.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/plantation/profile/wholesale-video-games/amusement-services-of-america-0633-90429527/complaints#0

There’s others threads on other forums as well plus some people who got scammed probably have no idea what Pinside is.

Maybe we should make a list of the known victims and invite others from the other forums & BBB to validate they’ve been paid instead of your assumptions?

1 week later
    #499 3 years ago

So Elvishasleft , can you tell us about “Authorized Dealers”?

#522 3 years ago

I think that is his point. You guys are possibly taking stolen money. I’ve mentioned several times to get the DOJ involved as they will sort this out but you guys are experts so keep rolling. I have a big told you so waiting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=thechakapakuni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.