Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

I feel like he should have to pay everyone back AND go to jail....but thats just me I guess

I also would like to find out more details on how he was procuring these games, how iceman is involved and why he got so angry so quick when all these allegations came out.

#23 3 years ago

I found this interesting... on post #402 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa/page/9#post-6137643 ) in that thread Elvishasleft said:

"Welp.. to me that just leaves buying from a larger dealer who is selling wholesale outside of their agreement with the brand holder.

I dont know who the biggest dealers are ( and dont care) but not a good look either way.

Its not like we are talking about a game here and there... there was pretty good volume going on."

The guy who threatened to expose how Jon was getting these games had originally upvoted that post. He's since removed his upvote, but I saw it. Interesting...

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

Hello everyone...I am yet another person in the "Jonathan took my money" group. I didn't even see the original post but I did just receive the first phone call from Jonathan in over a year. He seems to be shitting his pants over the posts. He told me that I am one of 12 remaining customers not compensated for what we purchased.
    The "promise" was that I would receive an email today detailing a payment plan which will repay me for my original purchase amount. Based on verbal details of his plan it would take him roughly 13 months to complete.
    I can't say that I trust any of this, but if he sends it over I will gladly start accepting money right away. I would love to get back some of my lost dollars.

13 months to scam more people to get the money/think of an exit strategy/buy more time. Hes got all these nice high end cars supposedly, a nice brand new jeep gladiator (probably a rubicon or other high end model) why not trade one in? That would go pretty far to get some money to pay people back pretty quick. It just sounds like he realizes his house of cards is toppling over and hes doing whatever he can to come up with a new strategy. I hope everyone gets made whole but I am very skeptical.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Great post Bill and thx for posting it.
    The people that are affected by this realize the only way it gets resolved in OUR favor is if there is NO bankruptcy filing. If it ultimately comes to that then so be it but you and some others have already recouped significant sums of money and i'd like the rest of folks to be made whole as well.
    I am personally patiently waiting in hopes that others that need it more can get repaid. I take some responsibility for my own actions.
    Do we have the ability to file suit and force him into bankruptcy today? Absolutely. Who does that help get repaid while the guy is actively making payments. That would be stupid and foolish!
    I get why the mob would like to see nothing more than a full blown take down and have the guy thrown in jail. It makes for great drama and sport.
    Just so we ALL know, and yes it will be repeated over and over again by the mob, don't EVER buy pinball machines from Jonathan and ASOA!
    For the record, the many pinball machines i received from Jonathan came from no ONE particular distributor and it's totally irrelevant for that matter.
    Put a sticky on the front page as a PSA if you like.

Care to fill us in on where the many pinball machines you bought from him did come from? I think we're all dying to know if it was shady gray market deals, under the table distributor agreements, or a simple case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm not saying you're wrong here, but this has a lot of similarities to the whole TBL fiasco where it was "please don't press any charges because then nobody gets anything". I want everyone to get what is owed to them, but I also want to see scammers removed from the scene completely.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

So far removed from the "TBL fiasco". And last time i checked they are in the process of making everyone whole and building games when all was thought to be lost. So that would be a terrible analogy.
    Yes i was in on that game too but got a refund when "Phil gate" happened. I'm just happy for everybody that is finally get taken care of YEARS LATER.
    Bill, Brian, Jeb, myself and others know the VERY LONG and full blown story, where we have been and where we are today. Representations and promises made and then NOT kept by Jonathan. I wish i had a dollar for all of the times we discussed litigation, collection attorney's, etc. etc. And now here we are.
    I had purchased at least 6 games from him over the last few years, that came from various distributors, and i know plenty of others that received games from him successfully for a long time. Then the wheels began to fall off in late 2019 and early 2020 and Covid provided a dagger to the amusement business amongst many other businesses worldwide. That's no secret.
    He got himself in bind and the business went to shit.
    A fraudulent POS like SkitB simply comes in and then disappears. A lawsuit is filed, time and money is wasted unless it just simply makes you feel better.
    As for "wanting scammers removed from the scene" well he is already REMOVED permanently from the "pinball scene" and is trying to rebuild his amusement operations post Covid.
    Will he come through and redeem himself? He has already done so with some people. That's a FACT.
    I'm his biggest CREDITOR. Is it reasonable to believe, i know it's hard for some people, that i could possibly have considered ALL of my options over the past year?
    Is it possible that i still retain ALL of my potential remedies?
    Is it possible that a healthier business that is recovering post Covid has more to go get? Dutch and TBL.
    So when all of you judge and criticize, NONE of you are sitting in my seat or the seat of anyone else that is owed money and how it happened or why.
    As we have had DOZENS of conversations over the past year between creditors, each and every one has the right to choose his own path.
    Threats to his personal well being, his family, his business etc. is simply NOT gonna get it done and nor should it be acceptable.
    You think the people that are out money are just plain stupid? That's ok, like i said, i look in the mirror every day and take responsibility for my own actions and ultimately will respond accordingly on MY TERMS and what is best for MYSELF!
    Thus, i choose also to NOT partake in this lynch mob cancel culture world that we live in today. Threads like these, once everyone has already said their peace does NOTHING but contribute to further anger, hate and division within the community. So there you go.

I'm with you on almost all of this, especially the threatening violence part. Just don't do that. What I don't get is how some people want to paint a picture of a guy who fell on hard times, which that might be true, but it doesn't explain the blatant lies he told about alien and R&M to several people. It also doesn't explain why stern LE's and premiums were ordered but only pro's of other titles were able to be delivered (best case scenario). I'm not a fan of cancel culture either, but I think theres a bit of a difference here. I'm sorry, I just have little to no sympathy for a guy who lied about games and took peoples money on top of what are seemingly shady deals that were actually completed. I do appreciate you shedding a little more light on the situation however. I hope things get straightened out, it does seem like we're on a better path now than in months (and years!) past.

#196 3 years ago

OK I get what Iceman and especially Aniraf are saying. What I really want to know at this point is how Jonathan was getting these games and was able to sell them so cheap. I mean, most people who are well established in the hobby know that deals like that are just non-existent so obviously they knew something shady was going on. On top of that, Jonathan did seem to have some sort of insider information. How?? This goes deeper than ASOA. This is the craziest part to me.

I'm also having flashbacks to when predator started going south, and a small group of insiders figured out Kevin didn't actually have the license so they all got their money back before it got made public. I'm glad this info is out now and leading to some good things, but I've almost got more questions now than at the beginning!

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just to clear things up, since snaroff has mentioned me a couple time in the previous thread and this one, we have sold one machine total EVER to Jonathan. It was a hobbit I believe and it was sold to him personally.
    There has never been another sale to him or his company since. The entire rick and morty situation caught both spooky and myself off guard. When snaroff called me out of the blue and told he had a game on order with me through asoa i was frustrated at the least. First off, all of our rick and Morty machines were numbered and accounted for. There were no Jonathan's or Asoa games on my list. To think someone was out there using my GOOD name to steal money from people was (is) sickening.
    We know 95% of our customers on a first name basis and have a very good reputation.
    I truly hope that the mention of my company in this thread has not made anyone think there was any association with asoa, as I can assure you there is none.

Nah, you guys are good. I've never heard one bad thing about you guys and if anything these threads have made you look good imo. Hoping to buy my first NIB from you guys at some point this year!

#477 3 years ago

Snaroff I just want to say I think you're a good guy and I'm glad you're here.

1 year later
    #680 1 year ago

Revisiting this post I get serious Steve Salmon the KLOV scammer vibes. That one is still in progress but hes slowly "making people whole" again while facing no consequences for his actions. Still has his associate Kris selling stuff on his behalf too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.