Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago

Jonathan the scammer is that good... when you can convince your victims to feel sorry for you, the scammer has won. Hey, take that down, I don't want anyone to know or see that. Well, where was the concern when he was running with peoples money? It only became a problem when he was called out!

This has gone on for years, and each and every one of his victims have been ripped off, manipulated, and either they just go away and let Jonathan run with their money or they have to hound him. He knows what he's doing... don't let him make excuses. There are so many that he's ripped off and he's not making everyone whole. On top of that, there's no making up for the distress (both for the person and sometimes the family of the person) of those that have had their money taken (deprived from being able to use it for something) while he's danced around his lies... hoping you'd just go away... and if you did go away, you'd never see a cent. Look at the people that settled for being ripped off just because of the frustration and knowing they'd never get what they were promised.

Plus, then tie in the ABSOLUTE LIES. How can you make excuses for someone who has spewed material misrepresentations and in some cases, lied about order status, tracking numbers, production of certain items, and his involvment in big projects that were a lie? And more.

And lastly, he was banking on the guys he gave good deals to to stand up for him... you know, when someone was ripped off he knew others would stand up for him and squash the ones that actually did lose money and had absolute frustration... Jonathan had power in this.

Don't let this go.

#22 3 years ago

A few weeks ago I went to lunch with a buddy of mine and after we ate, I realized I had forgot my wallet. No problem though, my friend loaned me $20.

The feeling I had knowing that I owed him that $20 literally disturbed me to the point that I drove it over to him later on that night. I hate owing money, especially when the person has to unsuspectingly loan it out. While it really was no big deal, it was to ME.

Now throw in taking thousands from someone like in this instance... and knowing that if someone doesn't follow up with you, you walk away with THOUSANDS. In the meantime, you use leverage from others to pressure the person (directly or indirectly) you owe money to to make them go away... you know the people you've kept whole are going to stand up for you and silence the ones you don't. (the "great guy" people, the ones he really did give great deals and the ones that benefitted from your loss).

I've been a victim of a scammer myself and it really got me... and I know a victim of JD's who was afraid to say anything.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

As long as the distributors were selling ASOA games at or above the minimum sale price set by Stern, it wouldn't matter. But that doesn't hold water for the "amazing deal" games he was selling. Not sure how that works with the warranty when you need something though.

I'd bet a truckload of money that there's one or more distributors that he owes money to.. hmmmmmm

#132 3 years ago

Organized fraud is definitely there. How? It's the lies and misrepresentations in order to obtain money that were taken for a said purchase and used/directed somewhere else. Anytime fake claims or representations (you are buying something that doesn't exist, fake tracking numbers, fake purchase orders to show product that doesn't exist, etc.) are made to illicit money or put off someone that should be getting their item/money back, that's an overt act. Two or more transactions like this and the charge goes up to the "organized" Fraud level.

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just to clear things up, since snaroff has mentioned me a couple time in the previous thread and this one, we have sold one machine total EVER to Jonathan. It was a hobbit I believe and it was sold to him personally.
    There has never been another sale to him or his company since. The entire rick and morty situation caught both spooky and myself off guard. When snaroff called me out of the blue and told he had a game on order with me through asoa i was frustrated at the least. First off, all of our rick and Morty machines were numbered and accounted for. There were no Jonathan's or Asoa games on my list. To think someone was out there using my GOOD name to steal money from people was (is) sickening.
    We know 95% of our customers on a first name basis and have a very good reputation.
    I truly hope that the mention of my company in this thread has not made anyone think there was any association with asoa, as I can assure you there is none.

This is just ONE example of Jonathan lying to customers to further his thefts and fraud. This is NOT bad business... this is making false statements in furtherance of committing criminal fraud.

Anyone that thinks that this was just "bad business" isn't looking at the total picture and acts committed to continue to rip people off.

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

OP here:
    So lets see:
    You are a pinball enthusiast. You weren’t involved in the scam. But you want to now go after pinball distributors that may have sold Jonathan pinball machines, and speculate that they may have known what Jonathan was doing.
    Great idea! Let’s see if we can get licenses pulled from (most likely) uninvolved distributors. Because you think it would be fun?
    How does that help anyone?
    Do us pinball enthusiasts a favor. Don’t fuck up our world any more than what we have dealt with here. Leave the distributors alone. As I said, the machines that I did get from Jonathan came from different sources. And iceman44 says that his did too. And so did bmegar.
    A witch hunt is a witch hunt. We have taken down the perpetrator, who has payed or is paying all of those involved.
    Go get your jollies somewhere else.
    Bill Clement

But it appears he hasn't "taken care of all those involved" though. Saying one thing and doing another is again playing people (by him).. . Good for you and Snaroff, but is he REALLY contacting everyone?

Good for you for calling him out... but until everyone says he's following through I wouldn't start defending him yet.

#361 3 years ago

Why are people trying to look into the dealers Jonathan was buying from? Simple. When he was selling cheap games out of the back door, the other retail dealers (especially Florida?) were losing these sales themselves at legit prices to legit customers and they felt the dealers selling to him (Jonathan) were "turning a blind eye" and should now pay for it.

That's my guess.

#373 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

The guy has a drinking, drug, or gambling habit.
    Hookers and blow.

It's what they do.

J_Demare_Fraud_case_2021 (resized).pngJ_Demare_Fraud_case_2021 (resized).png
    #379 3 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

snaroff,
    You are overall pretty patient,extremely honest sounding and forthcoming to the non-vetted jury-Thumbs up to ya

Just don't piss him off

#464 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But as with all scams, the selling never stops. As of today, ASOA is open for business and you can call them or email for a price on your favorite pinball machine. It was reported in this thread that JD is not a distributor for any pinball manufacturer.
    [quoted image]

Yikes. Hopefully people are smart enough to google ASOA before sending money!!

4 months later
    #599 2 years ago
    Quoted from bmegar:

I happen to call Jonathan just to see if he had any Mando’s LE that he can get .Well he came back and told me that he had one that I can have for $10,500 what was paid for it.

You have got to be shitting me LMAO

4 months later
    #660 2 years ago
    Quoted from J_Striker:

Glad you got your game, ill never see the one I ordered from JD because its now trending at 35k used

People have been paid back, but the ones that lost out on their "Dream" or rare/LE game that ended up skyrocketing in price are the ones that it really hurt. POTC, TBL, MM-royale, etc.

Man it would suck to think you had a POTC, TBL, or MM-Royale at the old/intro price only to be hosed because you picked JD.

1 year later
    #665 1 year ago

WOW. He's like the terminator, just keeps coming and coming LMAO

#669 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dexter:

Jonathan has ALWAYS made everything right. I am not sure the need to open back up an old thread where you clearly stated that everyone that was owed ANYTHING was paid back in full.

He was a huge liar and deceitful and caused a lot of pain because of that. Paying people back (what he OWED them) was the least he could do.

#674 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It wouldn’t shock me that there are some folks who are so thankful they actually got paid back over the course of two years that they’ll shill for him.
    I would think most people who have yet to enjoy the “ASOA Experience” will take that with a grain of salt.
    There’s no shortage of people selling pinball machines. Why roll the dice?

I'd even bet that there were people that got deals from him that went back to see if they could get another deal EVEN AFTER SEEING THAT HE'S RIPPED PEOPLE OFF. Imagine being that crazy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.