Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Hate to break it to you but in the world of "grey market" trading there is often a blind eye turned to what happens after the initial from factory sale.
    For a manufacturer once they get paid for the goods and its "in the channel" they dont really have much control over what happens with it.... or generally care for that matter.
    Grey market trading isnt illegal at all but it can and does violate distribution agreements...

This is completely incorrect for a whole lot of products, particularly anything generally sold to enterprise / businesses as opposed to consumers. I've worked for manufacturers in various tech industries for most of my life and they absolutely care about what happens once the product enters distribution. This has implications for service (manufacturer will not offer service / repair of grey market items), ability to get software upgrades, add licenses for functionality, etc. You may be correct about how the Pinball industry works but to broadly apply to that to all manufacturing is inaccurate.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

So far removed from the "TBL fiasco". And last time i checked they are in the process of making everyone whole and building games when all was thought to be lost. So that would be a terrible analogy.
    Yes i was in on that game too but got a refund when "Phil gate" happened. I'm just happy for everybody that is finally get taken care of YEARS LATER.
    Bill, Brian, Jeb, myself and others know the VERY LONG and full blown story, where we have been and where we are today. Representations and promises made and then NOT kept by Jonathan.
    I had purchased at least 6 games from him over the last few years and i know plenty of others that received games from him successfully for a long time. Then the wheels began to fall off in late 2019 and early 2020 and Covid provided a dagger to the amusement business amongst many other businesses worldwide. That's no secret.
    He got himself in bind and the business went to shit.
    A fraudulent POS like SkitB simply comes in and then disappears. A lawsuit is filed, time and money is wasted unless it just simply makes you feel better.
    As for "wanting scammers removed from the scene" well he is already REMOVED permanently from the "pinball scene" and is trying to rebuild his amusement operations post Covid.
    Will he come through and redeem himself? He has already done so with some people. That's a FACT.
    I'm his biggest CREDITOR. Is it reasonable to believe, i know it's hard for some people, that i could possibly have considered ALL of my options over the past year?
    Is it possible that i still retain ALL of my potential remedies?
    Is it possible that a healthier business that is recovering post Covid has more to go get? Dutch and TBL.
    So when all of you judge and criticize, NONE of you are sitting in my seat or the seat of anyone else that is owed money and how it happened or why.
    As we have had DOZENS of conversations over the past year between creditors, each and every one has the right to choose his own path.
    Threats to his personal well being, his family, his business etc. is simply NOT gonna get it done and nor should it be acceptable.
    You think the people that are out money are just plain stupid? That's ok, like i said, i look in the mirror every day and take responsibility for my own actions and ultimately will respond accordingly on MY TERMS and what is best for MYSELF!
    Thus, i choose also to NOT partake in this lynch mob cancel culture world that we live in today. So there you go.

I'll agree with most of what you say here except that anyone who has essentially defrauded people of $$ should get "cancelled" or suffer much worse legal repercussions. They should also be publically exposed to prevent others from ever falling into the same trap so kudos to those willing to do so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.