Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago

He got his Stern games from somewhere - at least 1 distributor fed him games... They didn't just fall off a truck. Maybe some did ... or at least were damaged box games. Did some distro feed this guy their games that were damaged in shipping? Did they pass through Stern Pros to up their numbers so they could procure more LE's in their allotment ?

#26 3 years ago

Good job and Stand tough snaroff. Maybe more folks will come forward.

This guy never had Spooky games and lied about it. Spooky and Kingpin never heard of this guy. Just part of the bait and switch part of his operations.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

On 5/10/20, Kayte Emery personally contacted all Spooky Distributors and they all said no transaction was done with JD/ASOA.

There is your truth - anything Jonathan told you was pure fabrication on his part. You were lined up for bait and switch all along.

#118 3 years ago

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/18A7753257FE439085256CC9004EC4F7

File complaints with the Florida Attorney Generals office.

#244 3 years ago

Good luck with promised payment plans. A little money spread around right now while things are hot in an attempt to cool it down guarantees Zero in another 30 days... what happens then. Hope all these payments given are secured and don't evaporate with charge backs or banks taking the funds back out of payees accounts.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It can be pulled back. PayPal is trying that with me right now. They attempt to charge any funding source the account has ever used.

Yes - if that guy funded the paypal payment with a credit card or shorted his bank with bad checks or deposits it will wind it's way back and the payee has the potential to be on the hook for any bad funds.

And then again what happens next month - why would you believe this guy would continue to pay when he's bilked some people for 1-2 years and paid nothing back from what he took from them.

#275 3 years ago

Kingpin is solid and a very good guy. I have purchased games through him and he is 1st rate.

Enjoy your first NIB game. You picked a good distro.

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok let’s start with all you (including me) who bought a Stern game from ASOA in the last 3 years & received it.
    Go get your serial number off your machine(s).
    Next call Stern and ASK them who the distributor was that sold the machine.
    Then please report back here to this thread who the distributor was. We will find out which big distributor was enabling / participating in this scheme.
    People say there were a few - but when we look at the % I believe a majority was sold through 1 distributor.
    By the way I hope I am wrong cuz this would not look good.

I'd take that bet and wager some good coin on it.

#395 3 years ago

@ DoorCounty - I think you are on the money on all points. That distributor knew. I'd put good Coin on that and Take that wager.

#397 3 years ago

Thats why folks should check those serial numbers with Stern.

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The distributors gets an order that says ship to ASoA at this address.
    From the distributor’s point of view there isn’t anything shady about it.
    What is it about that process that stands out to you as something a distributor might flag as unusual behavior?

Sending pins to a residental address with curbside and lift gate services requested and phone contacts that are not ASOA and different names might be a clue and also they are spread out to various different states across the country.

Highly probable that distro knew. Guessing Stern got wind of this and put a stop to it.

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kare9:

I don't think he's shaming victims. I think it makes sense to give stern this information.

And the Attorney General in the State of Florida. Or the State Attorney General of the state victims live in. They usually will work together or have reciprocity to work on consumer complaints of fraud and theft. They will pressure the bad actor to repay or face consequences. If they come up with a payment schedule there will be some teeth behind it, not just a song and dance of promises of further payments which may disappear, be forgotten or new excuses as more time elapses...

1 month later
    #565 3 years ago

Are the payments still coming to those owed ?

3 months later
    #595 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You would have to have your head examined sending him money for anything, ever again.
    It's nice that he's paying people back but let's not get carried away. You'd seriously have to be a mental patient to consider sending him any additional money for any additional games at this point.
    There's a other million people selling NIB pinball machines. Why take the chance?

This

1 month later
    #631 2 years ago

People owed money still getting payments ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.