Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
    #1 3 years ago

The original thread OP is a good guy and has good intentions. For the sake of the community, I'm disappointed the original thread was closed.

Please read comment #15 below from the Op explaining his reasons for closing the original thread. It's reasonable and I fully support him.

That said this thread will continue unless Bill and others can convince me there is a better way that I can contribute.

Post a link to your favorite quote from the original thread. Or continue the conversation here ....or both.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa#post-6132263

From Pinsider bmegar
    "I’m one of the others that he scammed money from. As he did exactly what he did to you . Jonathan did to me. I’m too am going to file a lawsuit and I hope that others. Will as well.
    He owes me approx $17,400.I’ve tried many times to be civil and to resolve this as patiently as I can. Now it has reached a point. Now that the only way to get any monies back is to file a lawsuit on Jonathan and ASOA".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa#post-6132329

"Jonathan told me the same thing about “Alien” as well.Not to say anything.I’m wondering how many “Aliens” he had sold"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa#post-6132595

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa#post-6132804

#2 3 years ago

Good for you! Keep the pressure on this ass.

#3 3 years ago

This didn't take long.

#4 3 years ago

This thread should be a sticky.

This isn’t some provincial “village” BBS forum.

There are tens of thousands of pinsiders and they need to be protected from Amusement Scam of America.

Isn’t today the day the big “How I’m gonna pay you all back” email is supposed to drop? Hope someone posts it.

#5 3 years ago

Bad decision to shut down the initial post, this guy deserves to get the heat until he stops scam people and pay them back what he owes.

#6 3 years ago

I was waiting for part duex.

Old OP is a good guy, unfortunately he is probably still getting the runaround, got some money in exchange for damage control, hope he doesn't hold his breath for the rest now that his part is done.
    Thats how scammers work.
    As someone else pointed out, the only people that got anything were the ones that threatened to bring his shady dealings to light.

#7 3 years ago

Taking down the first post was short sighted. Once it falls off the first page, Jonathan is free to go about scamming more people to pay back the first group. As mentioned above, it should really be stickied. The affected people should group together off Pinside and organize/document their losses together.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Taking down the first post was short sighted. Once it falls off the first page, Jonathan is free to go about scamming more people to pay back the first group. As mentioned above, it should really be stickied. The affected people should group together off Pinside and organize/document their losses together.

Agreed. There will be a lot more to unpack once more and more info comes out, across the many people affected. Closing that thread "due to OP request" is a disservice to all the other victims and potential future victims. This issue is apparently much larger than the OP and therefore even though OP started the thread, it should remain open and STICKIED to the top of Pinside.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Bad decision to shut down the initial post, this guy deserves to get the heat until he stops scam people and pay them back what he owes.

I bet that was part of the deal they struck. I start paying back your $$$, but you need to shut-down your pinside thread.

I usually dont get involved or comment on items like this. But, I cant believe the willingness to just forgive what has happened (in the other thread). And why would you even trust him?

I can understand it happening one-time, due to health and/or business issues. All at once flood, and he is behind. But this is not it, there's a long track record here over time. Either a scammer or just cant run a business with any integrity and consistency. Why even risk it?

My two cents.....

#10 3 years ago

Anybody get their February 16th email detailing how everyone would be made whole?

#11 3 years ago

I was thinking about scammers.

One thing they do exceptionally well, is that they make their target feel 'oh so special'.

It's like they are doing them a favour, because they are so unbelievably awesome.

Know so many people who have fallen for scams due to having their egos stroked.

#12 3 years ago

Robin/moderators, please don't lock this thread. The more information that comes out my save others in the future and possibly help the ones that were scammed.
    Robin, You yourself have a "sticky" thread: "Attention! Don't get scammed!" So let this thread live as well.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Robin/moderators, please don't lock this thread. The more information that comes out my save others in the future and possibly help the ones that were scammed.
    Robin, You yourself have a "sticky" thread: "Attention! Don't get scammed!" So let this thread live as well.

From Robin's own Thread;
    Attention, dont get scammed.
    Dear Pinside.

I'm posting this topic as I've been seeing an increasing amount of people getting scammed through marketplace ads in the past few weeks. I have been investigating this quite extensively and wanted to share with you what I found out, and at the same time warn you all to be careful sending money to strangers.

Note: in this topic, I'm specifically talking about online scams. Where you pay for a game and then nothing is shipped.

Old topic should never been closed. Bill is a victim of his own problem and Jonathan is playing him like a fiddle.

#14 3 years ago

Instead of great quotes in the opening post, I’d rather see a compiled list of Pinsider’s that have lost $ to him. And details about where they stand with him. First post can always be edited.

#15 3 years ago

I’m the OP for the original thread. The reason that I requested that it be closed is because several people were posting addresses, a picture of a home, a truck etc. along with suggestions that people take a gang of friends to pay Jonathan a “visit”, suggesting violence.

My original thread was created for the purpose of making us all aware of what Jonathan had done and as a warning to others to beware. I also wanted to pressure Jonathan to finally pay each of us back. He and I have been communicating since the original thread was open. He is fully aware that if he doesn’t follow through with getting each and every one of us repaid all of the monies owed us in a timely fashion, I will work with all parties involved, his local police, the department of justice and possibly the FBI and he will be arrested.

This has prompted him to first, pay me a significant amount of the money that he owes me and to provide me with documentation outlining a payment plan for the remainder. He is also contacting all others involved and doing the same. I have been in contact with some of the affected parties and am working as a go-between if they are dissatisfied with what Jonathan is doing for them.

Another reason I wanted the thread closed is that some were attempting to point fingers at pinball distributors, speculating that they may have been involved with his scheme. To put that speculation to rest, I can tell you that the pins that Jonathan sold me did not all come from one source. Let’s not screw over legitimate distributors by starting a witch hunt that may cause them problems. We don't need to screw up any pinball distributor’s businesses because of one bad actor’s actions.

I have to say that I was disappointed by some of the attacks that were posted within a thread that I created in an attempt to expose a problem in our community and to help those involved.

Believe it or not, Jonathan never asked me to delete the post. And I wouldn’t do that even if he paid me twice what he owed me. I am an honorable person attempting to resolve my issue with him and help the others who he has hurt.

Let’s stop piling on and get this problem resolved. Please be patient and not throw gasoline on a fire.

I won’t be posting anything else in this thread except for confirmed resolutions when the affected parties are made whole, or conversely, actions taken against Jonathan if he fails to do so.

Thank you.
    Bill Clement

#16 3 years ago

I could have lost money to him my one time talking to him but I have a pretty good bullshit detector.

He did the old bait and switch and I bailed.

Only other time this has happened to me was TNT way back when hate to say.

Said they had something "in stock" took a deposit and then tried to switch me on to something else when it became apparent they didnt have my order.

#18 3 years ago

Jonathan the scammer is that good... when you can convince your victims to feel sorry for you, the scammer has won. Hey, take that down, I don't want anyone to know or see that. Well, where was the concern when he was running with peoples money? It only became a problem when he was called out!

This has gone on for years, and each and every one of his victims have been ripped off, manipulated, and either they just go away and let Jonathan run with their money or they have to hound him. He knows what he's doing... don't let him make excuses. There are so many that he's ripped off and he's not making everyone whole. On top of that, there's no making up for the distress (both for the person and sometimes the family of the person) of those that have had their money taken (deprived from being able to use it for something) while he's danced around his lies... hoping you'd just go away... and if you did go away, you'd never see a cent. Look at the people that settled for being ripped off just because of the frustration and knowing they'd never get what they were promised.

Plus, then tie in the ABSOLUTE LIES. How can you make excuses for someone who has spewed material misrepresentations and in some cases, lied about order status, tracking numbers, production of certain items, and his involvment in big projects that were a lie? And more.

And lastly, he was banking on the guys he gave good deals to to stand up for him... you know, when someone was ripped off he knew others would stand up for him and squash the ones that actually did lose money and had absolute frustration... Jonathan had power in this.

Don't let this go.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

I bet that was part of the deal they struck. I start paying back your $$$, but you need to shut-down your pinside thread.
    I usually dont get involved or comment on items like this. But, I cant believe the willingness to just forgive what has happened (in the other thread). And why would you even trust him?

When the OP’s PayPal payment from Jonathan gets pulled back from his account due to lack of funds (I hope that does not happen) I’m guessing he will ask to have the original thread reopened. I hope I am wrong about this but just the people who have come forward in the original thread adds up to tens of thousands of dollars and I’m guessing it’s hundreds of thousands in total if you count all the people who haven’t come forward yet. At some point it becomes insurmountable and unrealistic for Jonathan to pay everyone back.

#20 3 years ago

I feel like he should have to pay everyone back AND go to jail....but thats just me I guess

I also would like to find out more details on how he was procuring these games, how iceman is involved and why he got so angry so quick when all these allegations came out.

#21 3 years ago

Here’s another example from pinsider paynemic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa/page/8#post-6137326

“I’ll add my story. I bought a lightly used Star Wars LE from him. Paid in full. After JD received my money he said the main board died and he was waiting for stern to replace it. After a bit he offered me a NIB Premium because he wasn’t sure how long it would take. I was getting suspicious and worried the warranty would be void and I’d be getting a brick, so I took the premium. He was supposed to refund like $1600. I never got it after a few months of asking. I kinda burned out and gave up. At least I got the game.”

#22 3 years ago

A few weeks ago I went to lunch with a buddy of mine and after we ate, I realized I had forgot my wallet. No problem though, my friend loaned me $20.

The feeling I had knowing that I owed him that $20 literally disturbed me to the point that I drove it over to him later on that night. I hate owing money, especially when the person has to unsuspectingly loan it out. While it really was no big deal, it was to ME.

Now throw in taking thousands from someone like in this instance... and knowing that if someone doesn't follow up with you, you walk away with THOUSANDS. In the meantime, you use leverage from others to pressure the person (directly or indirectly) you owe money to to make them go away... you know the people you've kept whole are going to stand up for you and silence the ones you don't. (the "great guy" people, the ones he really did give great deals and the ones that benefitted from your loss).

I've been a victim of a scammer myself and it really got me... and I know a victim of JD's who was afraid to say anything.

#23 3 years ago

I found this interesting... on post #402 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa/page/9#post-6137643 ) in that thread Elvishasleft said:

"Welp.. to me that just leaves buying from a larger dealer who is selling wholesale outside of their agreement with the brand holder.

I dont know who the biggest dealers are ( and dont care) but not a good look either way.

Its not like we are talking about a game here and there... there was pretty good volume going on."

The guy who threatened to expose how Jon was getting these games had originally upvoted that post. He's since removed his upvote, but I saw it. Interesting...

#24 3 years ago

Check out this Jonathan bullshit. Yesterday, he messaged me the following, saying the game he sold me on 12/16/19 finally came in and was sold to "another customer".

Please speak-up if you received a Rick and Morty from ASOA! The transaction would be after 10/13/20, the date I received a Stern AIQ Pro as a substitute for the fraudulent Rick and Morty invoice below.

I imagine Spooky has a very small number of distributors, so if you are one of them and sold JD/ASOA a game, please contact me privately (since it won't be hard to figure out where the game came from once we have a game #). Of course, the most likely reality is JD/ASOA never received a Rick and Morty and he is simply continuing to posture/lie.

JD/ASOA still owes me $1,750. The difference between $7,250 paid in December 2019 and the $5,500 I sold my AIQ Pro for on 1/3/21 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avengers-infinity-quest-pro-4).

PAY UP. I'm NOT GOING AWAY, UNTIL I AM PAID.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa#post-6132804

IMG_3354 (resized).jpegIMG_3354 (resized).jpegIMG_3355 (resized).jpegIMG_3355 (resized).jpegImage 2-15-21 at 8.18 PM (resized).jpegImage 2-15-21 at 8.18 PM (resized).jpeg

#25 3 years ago

He got his Stern games from somewhere - at least 1 distributor fed him games... They didn't just fall off a truck. Maybe some did ... or at least were damaged box games. Did some distro feed this guy their games that were damaged in shipping? Did they pass through Stern Pros to up their numbers so they could procure more LE's in their allotment ?

#26 3 years ago

Good job and Stand tough snaroff. Maybe more folks will come forward.

This guy never had Spooky games and lied about it. Spooky and Kingpin never heard of this guy. Just part of the bait and switch part of his operations.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

He got his Stern games from somewhere - at least 1 distributor fed him games... They didn't just fall off a truck. Maybe some did ... or at least were damaged box games. Did some distro feed this guy their games that were damaged in shipping? Did they pass through Stern Pros to up their numbers so they could procure more LE's in their allotment ?

As long as the distributors were selling ASOA games at or above the minimum sale price set by Stern, it wouldn't matter. But that doesn't hold water for the "amazing deal" games he was selling. Not sure how that works with the warranty when you need something though.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Check out this Jonathan bullshit. Yesterday, he messaged me the following, saying the game he sold me on 12/16/19 finally came in and was sold to "another customer".
    Please speak-up if you received a Rick and Morty from ASOA! The transaction would be after 10/13/20, the date I received a Stern AIQ Pro as a substitute for the fraudulent Rick and Morty invoice below.
    JD/ASOA still owes me $1,750. The difference between $7,250 paid in December 2019 and the $5,500 I sold my AIQ Pro for on 1/3/21 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avengers-infinity-quest-pro-4).
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So...couldn't he have used the profits from the sale of the other machine to help return your deposit?

Any distributor that is mismanaging funds so badly that they can't return a deposit should be avoided at all costs...and that's even before we start talking about the scamming part of the equation.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I imagine Spooky has a very small number of distributors, so if you are one of them and sold JD/ASOA a game, please contact me privately (since it won't be hard to figure out where the game came from once we have a game #). Of course, the most likely reality is JD/ASOA never received a Rick and Morty and he is simply continuing to posture/lie.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What the “special pricing due to trade in” at the bottom of your invoice all about.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

This is a lie. The game doesn't exist, neither does the "other customer." Just more lies. Like the Star Wars LE he couldn't sell because "the board was bad."

Lies, lies, lies. Thanks for posting.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

As long as the distributors were selling ASOA games at or above the minimum sale price set by Stern, it wouldn't matter. But that doesn't hold water for the "amazing deal" games he was selling. Not sure how that works with the warranty when you need something though.

I wonder if he was getting someone to sell him games for 'on route' (which usually can get a slightly better price allowance from Stern) and then were selling those games to retail customers and trying to use the extra few hundred as his margin. The distributor gets the benefit of higher volume and the built in stern discount to make the two tier sale jive for both parties. Then, when the few hundred isn't enough, he gets tempted by collecting money for premiums and pushing pros.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

What the “special pricing due to trade in” at the bottom of your invoice all about.

CYA in the paper trail

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:I wonder if he was getting someone to sell him games for 'on route' (which usually can get a slightly better price allowance from Stern) and then were selling those games to retail customers and trying to use the extra few hundred as his margin. The distributor gets the benefit of higher volume and the built in stern discount to make the two tier sale jive for both parties. Then, when the few hundred isn't enough, he gets tempted by collecting money for premiums and pushing pros.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...couldn't he have used the profits from the sale of the other machine to help return your deposit?
    Any distributor that is mismanaging funds so badly that they can't return a deposit should be avoided at all costs...and that's even before we start talking about the scamming part of the equation.

If there is "another machine"! If JD/ASOA were a mensch, he would have contacted me when "my" Rick and Morty showed up and offered it to me. Of course I never received a call since the machine doesn't exist.

Quoted from PinRob:

JD/ASOA BS...allowing him to sell the machine below MSRP. Spooky management said there is no way he could sell the machine for that price. I wasn't offering any trade on this transaction. More fraud.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a lie. The game doesn't exist, neither does the "other customer." Just more lies. Like the Star Wars LE he couldn't sell because "the board was bad."
    Lies, lies, lies. Thanks for posting.

All he has to do is provide the number of the R&M he sold, and it would be quite easy to trace. But as we all know...there wasn't one.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

If there is "another machine"! If JD/ASOA were a mensch, he would have contacted me when "my" Rick and Morty showed up and offered it to me. Of course I never received a call since the machine doesn't exist.

JD/ASOA BS...allowing him to sell the machine below MSRP. Spooky management said there is no way he could sell the machine for that price. I wasn't offering any trade on this transaction. More fraud.

It's just amazing how easy lying comes to some people.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's amazing how long some people wait before they realized they've been scammed.

#38 3 years ago

Hello everyone...I am yet another person in the "Jonathan took my money" group. I didn't even see the original post but I did just receive the first phone call from Jonathan in over a year. He seems to be shitting his pants over the posts. He told me that I am one of 12 remaining customers not compensated for what we purchased.

The "promise" was that I would receive an email today detailing a payment plan which will repay me for my original purchase amount. Based on verbal details of his plan it would take him roughly 13 months to complete.

I can't say that I trust any of this, but if he sends it over I will gladly start accepting money right away. I would love to get back some of my lost dollars.

#39 3 years ago

It's a stretch... but just trying to come up with any reason why a distro would want to dirty themselves this way

1) the operator discount is not alot - certainly not enough to justify this on its own. Its primary benefit is getting the games first. Who blows up their life over $100-200 a shot? (before any expenses...)
    2) Distributor's gain from increased volume isn't really much gain - Stern's wholesaling is pretty flat. Allotments differ, but in recent times allotments = sales revenue, not inventory you need to dump.

It maybe more like a small distributor who wasn't that focused on pinball but didn't want to give up their Stern access.. and dumping games like this could be a convenience.

I mean for a bigger distro, it's not like selling these games in the last 18months has been a problem. These aren't WWLEs we are talking about here.

I just don't see how the numbers work until the guy gets into the game until he's flat out fraudulently failing to deliver on what he's collecting on.

#40 3 years ago

Truer words have never been spoken.

Quoted from Aniraf:

He told me that I am one of 12 remaining customers not compensated for what we purchased.

12 times (?) = closer to correct amount owed.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'd bet a truckload of money that there's one or more distributors that he owes money to.. hmmmmmm

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

All he has to do is provide the number of the R&M he sold, and it would be quite easy to trace. But as we all know...there wasn't one.

On 5/8/20, I insisted Jonathan provide the game # ASAP after speaking with Kayte Emery, CFO Spooky. Considering 6 months had past since taking my money, getting my game # was pretty basic information. He never provided it, claiming it would damage his distributor relationship.

On 5/10/20, Kayte Emery personally contacted all Spooky Distributors and they all said no transaction was done with JD/ASOA.

The challenge I've had with this fiasco is determining who is lying...JD/ASOA or the distributors! That's why, ultimately, the manufacturers need to take some ownership for the "system" that enabled JD/ASOA.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep, and worst yet, JD/ASOA still claims he is my "buddy"! Crazy shit.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

12 times (?) = closer to correct amount owed

LOL. I'm sure this is going to work out just fine.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:I’m the OP for the original thread. The reason that I requested that it be closed is because several people were posting addresses, a picture of a home, a truck etc. along with suggestions that people take a gang of friends to pay Jonathan a “visit”, suggesting violence.
    My original thread was created for the purpose of making us all aware of what Jonathan had done and as a warning to others to beware. I also wanted to pressure Jonathan to finally pay each of us back. He and I have been communicating since the original thread was open. He is fully aware that if he doesn’t follow through with getting each and every one of us repaid all of the monies owed us in a timely fashion, I will work with all parties involved, his local police, the department of justice and possibly the FBI and he will be arrested.
    This has prompted him to first, pay me a significant amount of the money that he owes me and to provide me with documentation outlining a payment plan for the remainder. He is also contacting all others involved and doing the same. I have been in contact with some of the affected parties and am working as a go-between if they are dissatisfied with what Jonathan is doing for them.
    Another reason I wanted the thread closed is that some were attempting to point fingers at pinball distributors, speculating that they may have been involved with his scheme. To put that speculation to rest, I can tell you that the pins that Jonathan sold me did not all come from one source. Let’s not screw over legitimate distributors by starting a witch hunt that may cause them problems. We don't need to screw up any pinball distributor’s businesses because of one bad actor’s actions.
    I have to say that I was disappointed by some of the attacks that were posted within a thread that I created in an attempt to expose a problem in our community and to help those involved.
    Believe it or not, Jonathan never asked me to delete the post. And I wouldn’t do that even if he paid me twice what he owed me. I am an honorable person attempting to resolve my issue with him and help the others who he has hurt.
    Let’s stop piling on and get this problem resolved. Please be patient and not throw gasoline on a fire.
    I won’t be posting anything else in this thread except for confirmed resolutions when the affected parties are made whole, or conversely, actions taken against Jonathan if he fails to do so.
    Thank you.
    Bill Clement

Thanks Bill. I have edited my opening comment in this thread. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

Hello everyone...I am yet another person in the "Jonathan took my money" group. I didn't even see the original post but I did just receive the first phone call from Jonathan in over a year. He seems to be shitting his pants over the posts. He told me that I am one of 12 remaining customers not compensated for what we purchased.
    The "promise" was that I would receive an email today detailing a payment plan which will repay me for my original purchase amount. Based on verbal details of his plan it would take him roughly 13 months to complete.
    I can't say that I trust any of this, but if he sends it over I will gladly start accepting money right away. I would love to get back some of my lost dollars.

This is why the thread should not have been locked.
    This guy knew he owed you $ and would have never contacted you if this thread didnt exist

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

On 5/10/20, Kayte Emery personally contacted all Spooky Distributors and they all said no transaction was done with JD/ASOA.

There is your truth - anything Jonathan told you was pure fabrication on his part. You were lined up for bait and switch all along.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

There is your truth - anything Jonathan told you was pure fabrication on his part. You were lined up for bait and switch all along.

Absolutely, and I have detailed emails that document this if it were taken to a court of law.

I'm apparently getting under JD's skin...he just called. I told him that unless he is calling to refund my $1,750, I'm hanging up. He went on to act amazed that I was "doing this to him". He thought everything was resolved. Call lasted 47 seconds.

It's been well over a year since stealing my money on a fraudulent transaction. I've arguably been patient. If he is settling with Bill Clement, there is no reason he shouldn't be settling the $1,750 owed to me.

I would forgive some of the debt if he disclosed the machine #/distributor that apparently sold him a Rick and Morty

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

13 months to scam more people to get the money/think of an exit strategy/buy more time. Hes got all these nice high end cars supposedly, a nice brand new jeep gladiator (probably a rubicon or other high end model) why not trade one in? That would go pretty far to get some money to pay people back pretty quick. It just sounds like he realizes his house of cards is toppling over and hes doing whatever he can to come up with a new strategy. I hope everyone gets made whole but I am very skeptical.

#49 3 years ago

The Samurai Closed the Original Thread?

Some code.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

The challenge I've had with this fiasco is determining who is lying...JD/ASOA or the distributors! That's why, ultimately, the manufacturers need to take some ownership for the "system" that enabled JD/ASOA.

That's where you lost me dude. If you can't figure out who is lying then I don't think you will get a refund. Why do manufacturers now have to chase down each scammer? Spooky did you a favor by doing your own due diligence.

There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.