(Topic ID: 60717)

Paragon voltage testing, results, ideas?

By Gov

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have been testing some voltages on my Paragon and most things look ok except for a few points. Here are my results and comparing those to the results in the link below, some things look to be out of whack.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Attract_Mode_Test_Points

I will say that everything appears to be working except for the HV on the playfield. None of the coils will fire. The game coins up and plays just fine and the displays are working. The coils were working fine the other day until I was testing voltages on the driver board and I must have shorted something out, now they won't work. I have checked all of the fuses and they check out.

Rectifier Board:
T1: 0v T2: 220v T3: 15v T4: 6.9v T5: 45v

MPU:
T1: 5.1v T2: 14.7v T3: 22.4v T4: 0v T5: 5.1

Solenoid Driver:
T1: 5.1v T2: 172 T3: 0 T4: 258v T5: 14.5

Any ideas to why I am getting a few zeros in there would be appreciated. I think TP4 on the MPU is the ground, so it is ok.

#2 6 years ago

embarrassingly, I read the wrong schematic.
sorry for the bad info.

#3 6 years ago

If the game boots up the 43v fuse on the rectifier board is good.

If the game boots and solenoids have no power (check for +43v on a coil lug) than the PF mounted fuse has blown.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 157.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside