4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by V_piscopo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3220 (resized).jpg
    Matrix (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

All switches work in game until you hit the 3rd drop target in the 4 target play field bank. Then what happens is the 3 pop bumbers act strange.
    One pop causes a game reset.
    Another pop causes tilt reset.
    Another pop causes game to act like a ball drained and it finishes scoring.
    In test mode, Switch 34 is constantly on but that roll over switch does not work. (white/brown wire)
    Another switch that does not work on the same white/brown line is 28 roll over waterfall button, but does not show up on test.
    If I disconnect 3rd playfield target, pop bumpers work correctly.
    If I disconnect 34 from roll over and since it is a double white/brown I separate those two. The pop bumper switches register in test. If I reconnect 34, pop bumpers don't show on test.

#2 4 years ago

Is this new behavior? Have you recently soldered wires or repinned connectors?

Looking at the switch matrix, Switch 34 (Top Right Golden Cliffs) is in the same column as the Spinner, both Slings, and all 4 bumpers. I would look again to see if you have shorted either of those two non-working switches.

Switch 34 is in the same row as the third drop target "C". That column has both Tilt and Outhole. I'm guessing the Left bumper causes the drained and scoring behavior, Right bumper is the tilt.

Matrix (resized).pngMatrix (resized).png
    #3 4 years ago

Opps, person fixing flipper assembly dropped excess solder on a switch assembly.
    That was the problem, it caused switch always closed.

#4 4 years ago

Pic of solder glob.

IMG_3220 (resized).jpgIMG_3220 (resized).jpg
    #5 4 years ago

Always smart to put a towel or rag down on areas like this when using solder above. Can't count how many times I've seen/done this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-switch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.