• Latest reply 9 years ago by Gemini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paragonratingbug.png

#1 9 years ago

Was browsing through ratings in the archive when I came across this...
paragonratingbug.pngparagonratingbug.png
*shrugs* No idea what would be causing this, though it's definitely not a browser bug; tested it in both IE and Firefox. It's also definitely visual only, since if it was also being calculated this way, the overall rating would be 9.138 and would make it the #1 game in the Top 100!

#2 9 years ago

Nuf said...

faz

#3 9 years ago

Paragon sound and music rocks...Love the call outs! um..

btw...love my Paragon

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Paragon sound and music rocks...Love the call outs! um..
btw...love my Paragon

Oh geeze... what do you think Paragon would actually sound like if it HAD callouts? I'm imagining a scratchy voice calling out individual letters for spelling PARAGON and "YOU, ESCAPED" if you safely pass through the escape passage out of the Beast's Lair. ; D

#5 9 years ago

Someone needs to add a Squawk and Talk to Paragon with new custom sound.

#6 9 years ago

Shoot for the golden cliffs!

The first bally sound board is pretty terrible.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Gemini:

Was browsing through ratings in the archive when I came across this...

*shrugs* No idea what would be causing this, though it's definitely not a browser bug; tested it in both IE and Firefox. It's also definitely visual only, since if it was also being calculated this way, the overall rating would be 9.138 and would make it the #1 game in the Top 100

That's definitely weird! I will have to dive into it, it does appear to not be affecting the total score of paragon but I'll have to check the database to know for sure.

#8 9 years ago

BTW: There's other games being affected too... only affecting the Sounds/Music ratings though. I forget the other two I came across as I was pretty tired at the time, but they're definitely there.

#9 9 years ago

I looked into this this morning, took me a couple of hours to figure out but the problem was deep inside our system. Some games were getting wrong values inserted when people picked the n/a option instead of rating an aspect (this can be done with animation and sound properties becuase not all games have these).

Long story short, it should be fixed now!

#10 9 years ago

*checks* Yup! 'tis working now! : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-soundmusic-rating-is-over-10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.