image-183.jpg
image-48.jpg
image-947.jpg
image-59.jpg
image-421.jpg
image-198.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have machine up and running 100%. Added Cointaker Superbrite LEDs. New plastics and everything under the playfield rebuilt and cleaned.

Here are a few short videos of playfield and backglass

Playfield

Backglass

image-421.jpgimage-421.jpgimage-198.jpgimage-198.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-59.jpgimage-59.jpgimage-48.jpgimage-48.jpgimage-947.jpgimage-947.jpgimage-183.jpgimage-183.jpg

#2 9 years ago

One of my favorites! Super Nice Job!

#3 9 years ago

That is a BEAUTY !!!
Paragon is one of my keeper pins. Period

#4 9 years ago

one of the nicest backglass and playfield ever. nice job.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks! The LEDs really make the backglass shine. All the pop bumpers and flippers are really strong and the sounds are perfect. I'm restoring two. One to sell and one to keep.

#6 9 years ago

Machines looks awesome, but that backglass looks really bad IMO. The clown puking doesn;t really seem to fit the theme, or the artwork itself.

#7 9 years ago

What clown? Are you saying you don't like the selection of LEDs for the backglass or you just don't like the backglass in General?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

What clown? Are you saying you don't like the selection of LEDs for the backglass or you just don't like the backglass in General?

LEDs...Paragon artwork from top to bottom is one of the greatest ever hands down.

I'm sure it looks better in person, but the video just looks like huge chunks of color blocks. Changing the color of the text, whatever, doesn;t bother me that much. But then the dude is completely green, with red highlights above & below.
There are some hotspots too, but those usually look worse on pics/vid anyway. I just think it takes away form the artwork completely. But that's just my opinion and it's your machine so no worries. I think the playfield LEDs look great.

#9 9 years ago

You are right. It looks a lot different and better in person. Looks odd in the video. The colors I choose accent the actual color of the art work.

#10 9 years ago

Beautiful game! I bet it's a sweet player!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#11 9 years ago

Chris, it plays solid!

#12 9 years ago

That looks really nice. I wish I could have my playfield restored. Does it play pretty fast?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

That looks really nice. I wish I could have my playfield restored. Does it play pretty fast?

Yes, much faster with the auto clear!

#14 9 years ago

Here's a before and after picture of the main center of the playfield.

Before:

image-192.jpgimage-192.jpg

After:

image-159.jpgimage-159.jpg

#15 9 years ago

Nice job.
Not a fan of LEDs installed on the Backglass , but the playfield looks great

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Nice job.
Not a fan of LEDs installed on the Backglass , but the playfield looks great

It's seems folks are 50/50 on those that like LEDs for the backglass. I will continue to experiment with white and colored LEDs and post better pictures. The LEDs look much better in person, but my iphone pictures are not a good representation of how it really looks.

#17 9 years ago

That's one of the nicest playfields even before the restoration. Nice job!

#18 9 years ago

Not a fan of the backglass LED's either. I have found that warm white LED's in the backbox on mine work great.

My playfield is in really similar shape to what yours was before you restored it. I am getting ready to tackle the restore on mine. I hope it turns out as good as yours

#19 9 years ago

Here's a detailed video of my cleaning and rebuilding one of the target banks. Now, target banks work flawlessly and are very responsive.

Here's the video:

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Here's a detailed video of my cleaning and rebuilding one of the target banks. Now, target banks work flawlessly and are very responsive.

I pulled out and re-did my PM drop bank and had a lot of fun doing it. It's basically the only drops I had and I liked it was easier for me to understand, at the time, because it's completely mechanical and "made sense to me" when looking at them.
Good job man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-restored-playfield-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.