7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backbox_SolenoidBus.jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have been working on a project Paragon. I decided to buy a replacement rectifier board rather than rebuild the original. I have repinned the connections to the board and I am missing the J3-13 white/yellow wire. It was not connected to the original molex connector and does not look like the wire was ever there.

The schmatics shows the wire controls the solenoid bus and connects to the backbox solenoid bus. Is this unusual for it to be missing? Do I need to run a new wire and where does it originate and connect if I do need to run a wire? Odd that it would be missing completely.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

It's most likely a legacy listing of the pin/wire used on previous gen games that had the knocker in the back box.
Paragon has the knocker in the cabinet and gets power from the rectifier board off J2-2 (green wire) instead.

The below schematic snippet is from Black Jack which has the knocker in the back box and shows the wiring for that pin/wire you mention.

Backbox_SolenoidBus.jpgBackbox_SolenoidBus.jpg

#3 7 years ago

Hi StratDoc,

Quench provided a great explanation above, and other Pinsiders have also noted the absence of this wire in the following threads, which appears to further confirm this is the design:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-picture-of-paragon-molex#post-3141989
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-wiring-help-grenading-f4#post-1282336

Best of luck with your Paragon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-rectifier-j3-plug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.