Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys. So I recently got a project game. Paragon by Bally. Im about to put on a new rectifier board and noticed the transformer is tapped for 115 volts. Schematic allows for it to be set up for 120 volts. Heres my question, should I leave it at 115 or set it for 120? Pros and cons?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from andrew128:

Hey guys. So I recently got a project game. Paragon by Bally. Im about to put on a new rectifier board and noticed the transformer is tapped for 115 volts. Schematic allows for it to be set up for 120 volts. Heres my question, should I leave it at 115 or set it for 120? Pros and cons?

My guess is that the coils will kick with more gusto, although... if your power at your outlet is 110, setting the pin from 115 to 120 will most likely not change anything

#3 6 years ago

It's going to be such a small difference, you probably wouldn't notice much by changing it. Measure your outlet at the game if you are really concerned. Utilities are required to supply you with voltage that doesn’t vary from 120 volts by more than 5% either way. Since the pin is tapped for 115V, multiply 115 by .05 to get 5.75 . Now subtract 5.75 from 115, (115-5.75=109.25) . This means that 109.25 VAC is the lowest voltage this pin should be run on.

#4 6 years ago

Remember to re-pin the female connectors to the rectifier board while you're at it!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Remember to re-pin the female connectors to the rectifier board while you're at it!

.... & all of the other Molex connectors too if you want a reliable pin. Male AND female sides.

#6 6 years ago

I'd leave it at 115.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.