par7_(resized).jpg
par3_(resized).jpg
par5_(resized).jpg
par6_(resized).jpg
par4_(resized).jpg
par2_(resized).jpg
par1_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Opinions on current price for a Paragon. Looking to maybe buy this one, seller wants $1,500. New MPU, everything else original. New rubbers, that's about it. The entire middle of playfield had a big piece of mylar. Some wear around the kickout holes up top. Paint looks like it is cracking everywhere on playfield. One digit is out on one 6 digit display (lower right one). Backglass decent, some minor cracking on back, doesn't look too bad on the front. Seller is a great guy. Just need to get more of a feel for the price, I want to add LEDs, just want to make sure I don't overpay since I'll be putting a little money into it. Thanks for the advice!

#2 8 years ago
#3 8 years ago
#4 8 years ago

I think $1,500 is a bit high for that particular Paragon.

I would value it closer to $1,000 than $1,500.

My 0.02.

Marcus

#5 8 years ago

Players condition Paragons are dime a dozen. Whenever even nice ones come up I think they're surprisingly cheap, $1500 is high.

#6 8 years ago

I tried to get him to $1,200, that was where I was comfortable. I've been trying to find a paragon for over 2 years, none ever come up within driving distance of me. I'll drive up to 450 miles, I want to make the trip there and back in one day. Yea, I think I will pass on this, the price just isn't there for me at $1,500.

#7 8 years ago

I played a Paragon from when I was 10 years old, until my parents sold it 12 years later. I've been trying to find one for myself now for a long time, this game means a lot to me.

#8 8 years ago

Did the seller move at all on the price? Yes the price is a bit high but if you've been looking for a "long time" you could buy this one and upgrade to a nicer one if and when another one comes around.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Did the seller move at all on the price? Yes the price is a bit high but if you've been looking for a "long time" you could buy this one and upgrade to a nicer one if and when another one comes around.

True, and there are repro playfields coming in the future, if need be

#10 8 years ago

$1500 is not terrible, but it is above average (for now). $1200 would be nice, but we're only talking a $300 delta. You've got two very nice things going for you: a low-fade cabinet, and lower playfield Mylar. Many player Paragons have significant wear in the 1-10 inserts, and that's a lot harder to stomach (and fix) than that kickout wear. Regardless of the kickout wear you have more going for you than not.

The repro playfield are coming; pre orders are being accepted at CPR (http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html). Paragon pins will get harder to find as a result.

BTW, great choice of pins. I have a nice one, and a second basket case with an NOS playfield waiting for the full restoration.

#11 8 years ago

Funny that 1200 keeps coming up as that's about right where I would put this. The repro PF will be a bit expensive, but Paragon is a game I personally like more the longer I have it. Even though my PF is in perhaps the best shape of any that I've personally seen I'd consider a repro just for the nice level new inserts and clear, though I've considered just having my PF cleared. You will probably find one about that shape for a decent bit less if you wait but then again...

#12 8 years ago

As Shimoda said $1200 all day long. $1500 a little high but do-able.
As I've said before. For crying out load! Are you buying a game to play or an investment bond? I know everyone wants to buy a pin and be able to resell it for the same or more. Over a few hundred are you going to wait another couple years to find one? I spent several years trying to find a Pharaoh. The only one I could get I had to over pay by $200 and I had to drive 3 hours one way to get it. But I can play it anytime I want.

#13 8 years ago

Another Paragon owner chiming in to agree with $1200 being a respectable offer.

#14 8 years ago

If the seller is local then it's worth it to pay the extra. I know I would rather pay $1,500 for a local machine rather drive 450 miles to save $300 bucks. That's just crazy.

#15 8 years ago

That's the first thing I noticed, is the color of the cabinet. That alone is not easy to find. The mid playfield not being blownout is certainly something to think about too. With pin pricing being absolutely stupid right now, the 1500 for this game is not unreasonable. And I am a cheap bastard.

#16 8 years ago

i bought one a few months ago for $800 bucks in similar condition aside from the 1-10 inserts which are pretty blown out

#17 8 years ago

If I'm looking for a game for 2 years I'm not concerned about 300 dollars. Although I'm a bit on the impatient side

#18 8 years ago

I don't think it's too far out of line. Prices in general are going up. When you first started looking two years ago, did you have a chance to buy one and thought, well if i wait a little longer I'll find a better/cheaper one? Or have you had no chance at one at all? If you wait too long you may end up paying closer to $2k for one. Sounds like it will be a keeper, so just don't buy the LED's right now. Save a few bucks that way for now.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I don't think it's too far out of line. Prices in general are going up. When you first started looking two years ago, did you have a chance to buy one and thought, well if i wait a little longer I'll find a better/cheaper one? Or have you had no chance at one at all? If you wait too long you may end up paying closer to $2k for one. Sounds like it will be a keeper, so just don't buy the LED's right now. Save a few bucks that way for now.

I didn't think the price would go down. I just never found one within driving distance. I've seen these things go for as little as $700 and one went for $1700 on craigslist, it had full LEDs, new LED displays, perfect playfield, new plastics, perfect backglass, etc... I guess I haven't been able to get that pin out of my mind because it was so nice, I should have made a long drive to get that one. The problem with this pinball habit is that you get multiple pins in your mind. Now I can't get ghostbusters out of my mind, I keep wondering if I should wait until it is revealed officially to see how it looks and how pricing looks. If I buy ghostbusters it will be another 3 years or more I figure before I will be able to afford another pin, I won't be able to afford Paragon and Ghostbusters together. First world problems! One day, a Paragon will be sitting in my basement!

#20 8 years ago

$1500 is a bit on the high side. I agree with others that the $1200 would be more in line. It is nice to have the lower playfield in good shape and the new MPU is worth $200 alone. Personally, if it was a game that I've really wanted and have been looking for a long time I'd really hate to loose the deal over a few hundred bucks. Also the prices will probably go up a bit once the CPR playfields come out. Ghostbusters will no doubt be a fun game but I am biased towards the older Bally's so take my advice with a grain of salt.

#21 8 years ago

Quoted from craigj:I played a Paragon from when I was 10 years old, until my parents sold it 12 years later. I've been trying to find one for myself now for a long time, this game means a lot to me.

Go to the Paragon owners map on Pinside and start PMing owners in your driving radius saying you are looking for Paragon, you do not want to steal it from them, but will pay a normal market price based on condition and ask them to keep you in mind for the future. Say you like their collection and posts on Pinside to butter them up.

Some sellers like this because they can move a game quickly in the future to get cash and make room. It also makes them feel good to get a pin to someone who will appreciate it. Good luck!

#22 8 years ago

I'm thinking $1000. The mylar saved the middle of the playfield, but the rest isn't great. Figure $100 for new display, rubbers, etc. $1000 seems fair to new.

Then again, what's $200 more if you've been looking for so long.

Don't pay $1500.

#23 8 years ago

That cab color looks nice, nice middle of the field, an altek mpu and you want one badly. I've overpaid the few hundred extra sometimes when you just can't wait. Maybe he'll meet you halfway at 1350.

#24 8 years ago

I agree with NorCal. We know our Paragons!

#25 8 years ago

12 is the magic number. Sold mine for 12

#26 8 years ago

Sold mine for $1200 as well, in similar condition.

#27 8 years ago

Here's another way of looking at it. We all think $1500 is about $300 to high. But if you buy it and play the crap out of it until the Hobbit starts shipping you can always resell it for $1200. Sure it's a $300 loss but you still get to play it. But then again with the way pin prices have been going the past couple of years it will probably be a $1500 game in a year. I paid $800 for mine. Not working, faded cab and a little more wear on the PF Cost me about $400 to get it working and shopped.
How much do you spend on cable a year? beer? Going out to eat? I took my family to the 100th Farm show last month and spent about the same just on admission, parking, food and to walk through the butterfly room.

IMG_1827_(resized).JPGIMG_1827_(resized).JPG

#28 8 years ago

I've got $1200 cash for one if you bring it to the Louisville arcade expo. Here's my prereqs:
Complete game
Solid cabinet
Game boots up
Not hacked

PM me

So there is one price check for you

#30 8 years ago

There's a fellow in Louisiana that has a nice one for $1200

#31 8 years ago

If the fellow brings it to Louisville I'm a serious buyer

#32 8 years ago

Bump. I wants me a $1200 Paragon

3 weeks later
#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

ebay.com link » Paragon Pinball Machine

Damn ... That one looks like it was HUO, then suffered water damage. Playfield looks great. Problem is it needs everything; cabinet (or major repair), backglass, and a full resto. That said, I'd take it for the current asking of $550 if they were local ... Because I need a third Paragon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.