Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Quench helped me rebuild a project Paragon - thank you again. It was a three month project and he stuck with me.

A quirky thing has started happening. The top right pop bumper causes the middle pop bumper to energize about 75% of the time. The middle pop bumper will also sometimes energize by touching my finger to the leg connector that has the the diode and varistor connection. There is a short somewhere but could use advice in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

if you put some electrical tape between the contacts of the middle bumper does it still sometimes fire?

#3 6 years ago

I clipped the capacitor on the middle pop bumper and that appears to solve the problem. I am wondering if I even ned to replace it since I am using a new Alltek board? The board should be much faster in registering hits.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

I am using a new Alltek board? The board should be much faster in registering hits.

The switch scan speed is derived from double your mains wall power frequency. So in the US, on these Bally games they're scanned at 120 times per second regardless of the MPU board being an Alltek or original Bally.

Without the capacitor on the switch, you'll get intermittent missed pop bumpers scores when they're hit at high speed. Considering how cheap these capacitors are, it's better to have them installed.

#5 6 years ago

It's fine to leave it off until you put in another parts order though. Pop bumper points aren't that important, and it's not going to hurt anything

#6 6 years ago

I have a few capacitors. What is the uf range that can be used as a replacement?

#8 6 years ago

Can I use something else?

#10 6 years ago

0.047uf is what's used nowadays - some caps have them marked as '473'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-pop-bumpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.