Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by srcdube
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a really nice Paragon with very minimal playfield wear, but the inserts are cupped and if the ball rolls over them slow enough, it affects the game play. I was thinking about a Paragon playfield protector. Anyone use one on a paragon before. I also see BAA is out of stock. Where else can I buy one of these?

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#2 9 years ago

I love my shadow playfield protector but hate my Paragon. I don't sense the shadow protector due to the width of the game and the time the ball travels before it hits something. My Paragon protector changed the feel of the game. Its wider and slower and that changes the way the ball travels. It's more noticeable. The biggest difference for me is the sound. With dmd games the background noise is always playing and you don't hear the ball travel on the playfield. In early SS games the background sound doesn't disguise the ball travel on the playfield. Instead of hearing the ball slowly roll over the playfield there is dead silence.

#3 9 years ago

It made my Embryon faster and smoother, my Fathom plays great after tweaking a few fit issues, and my F-14 is absolutely brutal now with the protector installed.

I have one for Paragon - just need to put the playfield back together.

I also have them for Frontier and Future Spa but they are not currently installed.

You can purchase direct from Mirco. [email protected]

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and info!

8 months later
#5 8 years ago

Would love more feedback from anyone with one of these on a Paragon.

2 months later
#6 8 years ago

I installed one on a Paragon and it played great. It was fast and smooth.

1 year later
#7 6 years ago

I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my Paragon with cupped inserts. Questions:
1) are playfield protectors permanently stuck on like an overlay or can I take it off if I don't like it?

2) if you put a playfield protector on your Paragon and are pleased with the result could you please let us know where you purchased from and what the material is if you know (and I guess if you had a bad experience too, which manufacturers or material to avoid).

Lots of other posts about protectors in general so maybe asking specifically for Paragon owners feedback given the uniqueness of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-playfield-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.