1C10CF63-11EA-4CB0-9DEB-498E4D4C1772 (resized).jpeg
68994B34-7B75-43E7-9CF9-59CE056E060F (resized).jpeg
C897EAAB-48FD-454C-B3AD-87B1AA6DDB7D (resized).jpeg
DC075148-AE9B-4DDD-83C9-9DF7AA747978 (resized).jpeg
6F21B99E-0263-42C3-9F66-A7F1FDE2858C (resized).jpeg
5683A211-01E3-435A-AEEC-9D8E1BAD5C31 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hello,
So I was able to find Paragon and #Lost World for sale and paid 1200 for the pair. Both working and playing both had LED swaps.

Paragon came with an entire new field plastics, and what appears to be all the post to put it back together as “extra parts” though I haven’t inventoried it all yet.
The cabinet has seen better days.

I was considering doing a play field swap, as it “appears” ( we know how that can go) the only thing I need to do is repopulate the play field and swap plugs on the wiring harness.
I thought I would get a stencil kit and redo the cabinet, keep moving pieces while the paint dries.
The new PF is in a lot better condition than the old one, but not without its own flaws. The old one has a pretty thick play field protector on it and the ball seems to roll like it should ( not swerving or curving) I was thinking maybe doing a wrap on the existing play field over a swap, but it seems like it would be just as much work so I’m not sure

Now the part where everyone gets to cringe.

I’m as newb as new can be. BUT I got this see with the anticipation that it I can learn on them. After reading about them on some of the other forums, I decided I should post some pictures and get some feedback before ripping them apart. As there maybe a better solution out there

1C10CF63-11EA-4CB0-9DEB-498E4D4C1772 (resized).jpeg1C10CF63-11EA-4CB0-9DEB-498E4D4C1772 (resized).jpeg5683A211-01E3-435A-AEEC-9D8E1BAD5C31 (resized).jpeg5683A211-01E3-435A-AEEC-9D8E1BAD5C31 (resized).jpeg68994B34-7B75-43E7-9CF9-59CE056E060F (resized).jpeg68994B34-7B75-43E7-9CF9-59CE056E060F (resized).jpeg6F21B99E-0263-42C3-9F66-A7F1FDE2858C (resized).jpeg6F21B99E-0263-42C3-9F66-A7F1FDE2858C (resized).jpegC897EAAB-48FD-454C-B3AD-87B1AA6DDB7D (resized).jpegC897EAAB-48FD-454C-B3AD-87B1AA6DDB7D (resized).jpeg3263E41C-C7FB-44B4-811C-4443AA9F6CCF (resized).jpeg3263E41C-C7FB-44B4-811C-4443AA9F6CCF (resized).jpegDC075148-AE9B-4DDD-83C9-9DF7AA747978 (resized).jpegDC075148-AE9B-4DDD-83C9-9DF7AA747978 (resized).jpegEBA2F257-E14A-43C6-9BCF-C1D7D3CBE968 (resized).jpegEBA2F257-E14A-43C6-9BCF-C1D7D3CBE968 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Nice score!! I always felt these games were related theme wise.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Trepidus:

Hello,
So I was able to find Paragon and #Lost World for sale and paid 1200 for the pair. Both working and playing both had LED swaps.
Paragon came with an entire new field plastics, and what appears to be all the post to put it back together as “extra parts” though I haven’t inventoried it all yet.
The cabinet has seen better days.
I was considering doing a play field swap, as it “appears” ( we know how that can go) the only thing I need to do is repopulate the play field and swap plugs on the wiring harness.
I thought I would get a stencil kit and redo the cabinet, keep moving pieces while the paint dries.
The new PF is in a lot better condition than the old one, but not without its own flaws. The old one has a pretty thick play field protector on it and the ball seems to roll like it should ( not swerving or curving) I was thinking maybe doing a wrap on the existing play field over a swap, but it seems like it would be just as much work so I’m not sure
Now the part where everyone gets to cringe.
I’m as newb as new can be. BUT I got this see with the anticipation that it I can learn on them. After reading about them on some of the other forums, I decided I should post some pictures and get some feedback before ripping them apart. As there maybe a better solution out there[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice pick up of games.

For the pf swap on paragon, yes, its slightly more complicated. The biggest hurdle you'll encounter will be the lamp braid on the backside of the pf. It's the metal wire that runs around the pf, and is stapled down. Your choice are:

-Unsolder each lamp holder from the old pf, and then resolder onto the new
-Buy new lamp holders and solder to the new pf (and run lamp braid if needed)
-Carefully remove the staples from the old pf and remove lamp braid and holder and transfer to new pf

The protector on your old pf can easily be moved to the new one. And if you like the way the old pf plays, you'll want to do this swap, as the game won't play as "nice" with the cupped inserts on the other pf.

Regarding the cabinet refinishing, my advise would be to do the pf first. Just concentrate on this swap, then play the game for a while. If you still have motivation after that, then try to tackle the cabinet.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

That's a nice pick up of games.
For the pf swap on paragon, yes, its slightly more complicated. The biggest hurdle you'll encounter will be the lamp braid on the backside of the pf. It's the metal wire that runs around the pf, and is stapled down. Your choice are:
-Unsolder each lamp holder from the old pf, and then resolder onto the new
-Buy new lamp holders and solder to the new pf (and run lamp braid if needed)
-Carefully remove the staples from the old pf and remove lamp braid and holder and transfer to new pf
The protector on your old pf can easily be moved to the new one. And if you like the way the old pf plays, you'll want to do this swap, as the game won't play as "nice" with the cupped inserts on the other pf.
Regarding the cabinet refinishing, my advise would be to do the pf first. Just concentrate on this swap, then play the game for a while. If you still have motivation after that, then try to tackle the cabinet.

Actually, after looking at the pictures closer, it looks like your second playfield is mostly populated. In that case, swap over what is missing, connect everything properly, and you'll be close to being ready to play.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Actually, after looking at the pictures closer, it looks like your second playfield is mostly populated. In that case, swap over what is missing, connect everything properly, and you'll be close to being ready to play.

Yes, all of the wiring on the back, the lamp holders appear to be there best that I can tell which is part of why I was a bit more willing to take the challenge on myself rather than taking it to someone.

As far as the cabinet goes, its a little disturbing to me with the mitch match leg colors and there is also a bolt missing, I was talking with someone else who sold me a different machine and he handed me the part I needed for it, so that was a cool gesture.

Ill be back in a few weeks (hopefully sooner with updated pictures.

#6 4 years ago

CPR reproduces that playfield no? Why go thru all that trouble for an end result that only looks better? When a liitle more work, you can have brand new. Just my five cents.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

CPR reproduces that playfield no? Why go thru all that trouble for an end result that only looks better? When a liitle more work, you can have brand new. Just my five cents.

Not listed on their website I know it was in the planning stages. Hopefully it's a little off as my Wallet doesn't want to absorb the 3-4 titles that are coming up soon!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not listed on their website

It's in the "Preorders" section. You can sign up now if you want to be at the top of the list to get one.

https://classicplayfields.com/preorders/

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It's in the "Preorders" section. You can sign up now if you want to be at the top of the list to get one.
https://classicplayfields.com/preorders/

Yeah, I'm in on the preorder from way back when. I thought the posting was that it was already released and I missed it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yeah, I'm in on the preorder from way back when. I thought the posting was that it was already released and I missed it.

When CPR first listed PARAGON on its "Preorder" section they had the original films for the playfield. Unfortunately there was issues with the films so they had to go back and recreate the artwork from scratch, if memory serves me correct. This was the reason Paragon, as well as Space Invaders, have been on the Preorder list so long. The good news is, status of both playfields have been updated with Paragon now printing. So it would appear it's not too far off.

#11 4 years ago

That's not good news for my budget!!

Good news for the machine though. It's been in my project queue for almost 8 years now.

1 week later
#12 4 years ago

Space Invaders AND Paragon bath are now printing!

Mike

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Space Invaders AND Paragon bath are now printing!
Mike

No, Mike, that's BAD for my budget. I'll probably have to let this one pass, unless on demand includes the widebody fields as well.

1 week later
#14 4 years ago

Well..... I was in the middle of starting the swap when so one came to look at some arcade machines I have, the person decided to make me an offer for both of them that I could not refuse. Thank you guys for the time and assistance.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Trepidus:

Well..... I was in the middle of starting the swap when so one came to look at some arcade machines I have, the person decided to make me an offer for both of them that I could not refuse. Thank you guys for the time and assistance.

Sorry to hear you got rd of paragon. It is truly an underrated game, and easily one of the best from that era. Heck, it's one of the best ever.

5 months later
#16 3 years ago

Needless to say I didn’t understand that when I made the decision and I do regret it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-play-field-swap?hl=jdissen87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.