PARAGON NOS PF Sells for $1600+??

By CaptainFantastic

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just saw this go off on EBAY. The "Winner" bought another NOS Paragon one last week as well for around $1350...so more than $3100 w/shipping included on 2 of them. No Resto or Clearcoating included. Wish I had hoarded PF's back in the day.

#2 10 years ago

I bid on it but wasn't willing to go that high. Maybe someday CPR will have equipment large enough to handle the wide bodies.

#3 10 years ago

Wow…if it was professionally restored, $1,600 wouldn't have been that crazy. I bought my NOS Paragon for 1k (and thought that was on the high side). Had Ron Kruzman restore/clear mine for another chunk of change...

#4 10 years ago

To many people want to one up other collectors that's why you see games going for over 10,000

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

To many people want to one up other collectors that's why you see games going for over 10,000

yeah, and the sad thing is, the majority of said collectors can't play for shit.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

or several people like the game and the artwork that goes with it and they know there is no chance that CPR will be reproducing them any time soon! So the only way to restore their machine is to outbid those that want a NOS playfield.

Just out of curiosity, what would've been a good price for the buyer to pay and how do you determine that price?

#7 10 years ago

Remember, we don't know for sure this was legit. Sellers often use shill bidding to artificially inflate the value of their product. Then they list again, hoping that people will pay more after seeing one sell for so much.

#8 10 years ago

Where is the listing for 1600+ ? I found the one that went for $1245.00 at http://tinyurl.com/q6blyte

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

or several people like the game and the artwork that goes with it and they know there is no chance that CPR will be reproducing them any time soon! So the only way to restore their machine is to outbid those that want a NOS playfield.
Just out of curiosity, what would've been a good price for the buyer to pay and how do you determine that price?

CPR has just finished Paragon plastics and backglass playfield will come soon

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Per Stu "Sorry, but we have said it Time & Time Again, we Can't do Wide-Body Playfields until we have a Drum Sander that is wide enough for those boards, AND we do not have Artwork for those titles.....". http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-new-cpr-products-now-available

Since Paragon is a wide body there is no plans to reproduce the playfield!

#11 10 years ago

The sale was legit. There was no Shill Bidding. The auction went off this morning so you wont find it in COMPLETED AUCTIONS until tomorrow. I purchased a NGS NOS Playfield from the same seller last week. The guy who purchased the 2 Paragon PF's had them shipped to New York (His EBAY address has him listed as CANADA thou). The Seller is out West.

The buyers name on EBAY is glennandada

#12 10 years ago

Damn! I have an NOS Paragon playfield that was restored by Bill Davis. I have not installed it yet, but nearing $2K almost makes me consider selling and just restoring the one that's in my game. I've overpaid for some nice stuff, but that's crazy money for a playfield in my opinion.

#13 10 years ago

Yep, I bid on this one - and the one that went for $1,245. The first one had a pretty big scratch across the middle. Second one that sold for over 1,600 looked good, but didn't appear NOS, as it looked like it had parts mounted at one time. I'd love to pick up a good condition Paragon playfield, but I'm not gonna pay over $1,000. I'm hopeful at some point - perhaps a few years - CPR will get the equipment needed for a widebody run.

#14 10 years ago

Paragon is an amazing pinball machine.

#15 10 years ago

Hey Paragon lovers…just saw this got bumped and thought you might enjoy a video I made this morning:

Enjoy!

#16 10 years ago

Saw this same sort of frenzy over MM around ten years ago. A couple of NOS playfields went for over $2k on ebay, so naturally some people started thinking that $2k was a hard price point. All it meant at the time is that a couple of people were willing to spend $2k on a new MM playfield. Once they had their playfields, that market for people willing to spend more than $2k on an NOS MM playfield was essentially closed.

In my mind, what it means is that there may be one person willing to spend $1600 on a NOS Paragon playfield, five that might spend $1200, ten that might spend $1000, and so on. It doesn't mean that all NOS Paragon playfields are now going to sell for that highest price point.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Paragon lovers…just saw this got bumped and thought you might enjoy a video I made this morning:
» YouTube video
Enjoy!

LED's in a Paragon! Interesting!!!!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

LED's in a Paragon! Interesting!!!!

Only 4 LED's (in the pops). All other lights incandescent. They do look surprisingly bright in the video...

#19 10 years ago

I have seen art a number of times the last couple of years. It is definitely on my radar for production if I get the ok from Rick if available. Could be as early as the end of 2014. Rick will get a sample playfield from my Dolly Parton conversions this summer to look at for production & product quality of new playfields.

One of the guys had a topless version also. Everything is in place now for me for production.

People will see info on conversions with Pinball Magazine ad soon. Skate, Zombie theme, & Sin City.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

No they won't. Stu already explained the issue on here. They don't have a playfield sander that can fit a wide body like Paragon.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Only 4 LED's (in the pops). All other lights incandescent. They do look surprisingly bright in the video...

I use the 4 ball top kind of LED in my older games. The 44 "type" so it lights up the base. They work great and people always comment how they light up the entire pop bumper including the bottom of the playfield and the top. Very classy and looks like original except the base is lit with alittle around on the field.

Plus you don't burn the new caps which folks as you get older restorations will happen. My viking has burn't new caps in it from 44's and being on for 3 days at the Texas Pinball Festival 1 year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-nos-pf-sells-for-1600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.