You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is Paragon the best single ball game?”

• Are you kidding me with that question??? YES! 3 votes
    100%
  • Close. But, there are better...I put it below. 0 votes
  • Please. It's not even close to the best. 0 votes
  • I live under a rock, in a cave at the bottom of the ocean. Paragon? Never heard of it... 0 votes

(3 votes)

#1 9 years ago

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some direction on this...

I have a Paragon that was working fine, I moved it and pressed the little red button on the coindoor to run a test and now there's no sound. Everything else seems to be working fine. I tired re-seating the cables and the "Trouble Shooting" found in the manual...no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions?

#2 9 years ago

Noticed you hadn't had a reply on this and thought I would try to help. Had a paragon in the past. And have had issues with other games after moving them.

If I remember correctly, you should be able to test the sound from the sound board itself. Check to see if there is a red button on the sound board in the back box. Boot the game up and press that button to see if you get anything. Also, I would go back through and check your connections one more time.

I am working off of memory right now so I might be giving you some bum dope, but wanted to try to help...good luck with this...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Heath:

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some direction on this...
I have a Paragon that was working fine, I moved it and pressed the little red button on the coindoor to run a test and now there's no sound. Everything else seems to be working fine. I tired re-seating the cables and the "Trouble Shooting" found in the manual...no luck.
Any ideas or suggestions?

I have a paragon sound board if you need one.

#4 9 years ago

I thought about replying, but there is SO many things that can go wrong with this board, hard to really say. Best guess, since you had to move the game, maybe solder joints on the header pins got busted when the plugs got pulled.

Pull the PCB and give a good look at the solder joints on the header pins.

#5 9 years ago

I had a similar-ish issue that required a lot of trial and error type troubleshooting on my end.

First thing I would check is to make sure that the sound is set to be on in the settings menu (I assume it has an option to set it off somewhere).

Does it do any sounds in the test mode (pressing the red button, one of the tests should be sound).

Did any speaker related cables get disconnected?

#6 9 years ago

I have a Paragon and while my sound card works, it's a little scratchy when adjusting the potentiometer on the card. Perhaps yours has hit a dead spot as is frequently the case with dusty "volume knobs". Perhaps get some electronics cleaner and give it a whirl. This is by no means an all-inclusive list of things to check, just one thought of many.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I had a similar-ishdipswitchesthat required a lot of trial and error type troubleshooting on my end.
First thing I would check is to make sure that the sound is set to be on in the settings menu (I assume it has an option to set it off somewhere).
Does it do any sounds in the test mode (pressing the red button, one of the tests should be sound).
Did any speaker related cables get disconnected?

The sound settings on a Paragon are handled by dipswitches on the MPU. No option to completely cancel audio in "settings" per se, but a volume adjust dial on the audio board.

#8 9 years ago

Hey Heath don't discount a bad speaker I just had the same problem with a 6mill$ man that I am having some nightmares with. The wires from the connection points to the speaker it self looked fine. But they were that brittle when I touched them they disintegrated. Cheers from Oz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-no-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.