• Latest reply 3 years ago by Rebo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDB_LogicPowerA.png
#1 3 years ago

My Paragon pinball machine turns on fine, but after pressing the start button, the ball doesn't eject, flippers don't work, and play field seems to be dormant. Lights are fine everywhere, sound seems to be good. The mpu board and rectifier board have already been replaced, so I don't think that's the issue. Voltages and fuses are fine on both boards. I'm not sure where to go from here.

#2 3 years ago

Does the button register in switch test mode?

#3 3 years ago

Check the fuse on the underside of the pf first—with a meter. Should be a 1 amp slow blow.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Check the fuse on the underside of the pf first—with a meter. Should be a 1 amp slow blow.

The fuse is good. Took out and tested fine. Any other ideas?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Does the button register in switch test mode?

Start button seems to work fine.

#6 3 years ago

There’s a relay, I think, that controls whether certain coils work like the flippers during attract mode vs play mode. Perhaps that?

I’m not sure if it only controls the flippers or other coils as well.

#7 3 years ago

Check your MPU J2 connector (top right). Had a recent issue with a Vector where that exact issue happened when the weight of the wiring loom pulled it loose because it wasn't screwed down with the wire looms.

If that's not the problem, run the switch test. Pull the pinball. Power game up. Inside the coin door push the red test button 5X (wait a couple seconds between pushes). Now your in switch test mode. Displays should show all zero's. With glass off the PF, push down a roll over wire on the outlane. Does it register?

#8 3 years ago

Silly question, when you push the start button, does it register into a new game? Trying to clearly understand what happens. Ie, game isn’t looking for a credit?

#9 3 years ago

Is the game stuck on tilt?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Rebo:

My Paragon pinball machine turns on fine, but after pressing the start button, the ball doesn't eject, flippers don't work, and play field seems to be dormant. Lights are fine everywhere, sound seems to be good. The mpu board and rectifier board have already been replaced, so I don't think that's the issue. Voltages and fuses are fine on both boards. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Try continuity of the +48 volt brown wire from the [ flippers/playfield fuse ] to the transformer
playfield connector.

#11 3 years ago

No flippers or solenoids: confirm you measure 5 volts at test point TP3 on the solenoid driver board. If not, check the +5V loop back wire connections at J3 (pins 13 and 25) on the solenoid driver board that powers the solenoid logic/drive circuit:

SDB_LogicPowerA.pngSDB_LogicPowerA.png

#12 3 years ago

If you have no coils AND flippers but everything else is fine, including scoring and switched lights then see Quench's post above about the 5v jumper on the SD board. If the jumper is good then take the board out and turn it over and resolder the pins on the connector.

#13 3 years ago

Thank you all. I will get to it and post my findings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-help-3?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.