20240331_094741 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240328_222316 (resized).jpg
20240329_070525 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240126_225518 (resized).jpg
IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Sound Board Pins/Wires - Photos Posted by BC_Gambit (9 years ago)

Post #183 Rectifier Board - J1, J2 & J3 wire photos Posted by Cheddar (8 years ago)

Post #269 Mini Flipper - Stock Black Lettering Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #274 Cabinet Stencils - Pinball Pimp Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #287 Bally Flipper Bat - Pinball Life Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #301 Bally AS-2518-18 Rectifier Board - Wiring Key Photos Posted by zombywoof (7 years ago)

Post #384 Removing Metal Spacers from Plastics Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #515 MPU J3 Connector Photos Posted by Captive_Ball (6 years ago)

Post #608 Mini Flipper - Buy it at PBR Posted by meSz (5 years ago)

Post #622 Saucer coil stop = A-61330 Posted by Captive_Ball (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 8 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post all of those pics of the overlay. The writeup on Pinball News was good, but it is always better to see the product on the same game that you might want it for.

3 months later
#243 8 years ago

Compare that decal to an original Paragon apron. The Bally logo is wrong, the other fonts and text are wrong, and it is missing the circle motif at the center. It's like the guy couldn't be bothered to get it correct. Why on Earth would Planetary license this crap?

4 months later
#264 8 years ago

I just rolled my Paragon!

I've had my seven digit LED displays for a while. it's nice to finally put that extra digit to good use.

I have to admit that my Paragon is set for five ball play, but I didn't even get a Super Bonus until ball three. Besides, if I set this one to three balls like my other games, my wife and daughter wouldn't even play. This game is brutal.

5 months later
#298 7 years ago

CPR has not yet released a reproduction Paragon playfield, but they have it in the queue.

2 weeks later
#301 7 years ago

Steve Kulpa has a clear photo and a wiring key at his site:
http://stevekulpa.net/pinball/as-2518-18-wiring.htm

11 months later
#447 6 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

bloody cheaters!

Yep. This is what mine looked like the day I brought it home. The guy I bought it from had been boasting how his son used to roll the machine all of the time.

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 1.18.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-18 at 1.18.38 PM (resized).png

3 months later
#500 6 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Legs all the way in up front, all the way out in back.

That’s how I’m set up as well. With stock Bally legs and levelers it gets me about a 5.5 degree incline. I’d suspect 6+ degrees is a bit much for many early SS tables.

1 month later
#545 6 years ago

I have mine more or less all the way out in the back and all the way in at the front. This gets me around 5.5 degrees. It's nice and fast, good size to side action and not too floaty. YMMV.

1 week later
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Just joined the club. It in rally nice condition. I am thinking of restoring it. Clear coat playfield.

That’s one of the nicest original examples still around. Nice find! In my opinion, the only thing that needs restoration are the light bulbs. Keep it original. Restoration is for the blown out, marginal machines. Once you start, there’s no going back to the original condition.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

The left orbit shot could never be made after drop are down because plastic is on wrong

That clear diverter at the Treasure Chamber appears to be factory correct.

#556 6 years ago

Yes. I think I read that they added it rather late in development to keep the ball from overshooting the saucer.

1 week later
#594 5 years ago

Yeah. Mine are discolored like that as well, although not quite as dark as those photos present. I think it is the continuous exposure and heat from the lightbulb that causes it. The varying degrees of discolorization would seem to support this.

9 months later
#659 5 years ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

Playboy is usually credited being the first because of the well-known tune, but in fact this honor goes to Paragon!

I thought Playboy predated Paragon, but please do post the name. I can’t place it, even though I’ve heard it all these years.

3 months later
#688 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Added today:
Solved.

Will you post what the resolution was? It might help others in the future.

9 months later
#764 4 years ago

I've been on the list since November 2014. I sure hope I get the email soon. When did you sign up?

2 months later
#802 3 years ago

Did CPR finish their Paragon run? Has anybody heard anything? There's another thread saying they are shipping Space Invaders playfields now.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

As they said publicly: they are making Paragon pf's in waves of 20-30 at a time...........the first batch was wave 1

Thanks. I did not see that announcement.

7 months later
#873 3 years ago

25 pin SCSI connectors! Is that so you can remove the head without disconnecting from all the boards and feeding the harness down into the lower cabinet? Hilarious!

2 weeks later
#892 3 years ago

Congrats on the new playfield! Can you confirm whether it was silk screened or is printed using CPR’s new digital output?

#894 3 years ago

Normally I’d look at the halftones, but I’m not sure that there are any on Paragon. Use a loop or a nice magnifying glass. Is it continuous ink?

4 months later
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from toebes:

Has anyone ever encountered this?

I can't tell for sure from your photo, but is the first downed target cresting a little above the playfield?

2 months later
#985 2 years ago

It’s hard to see in your photo, but it looks like you are missing the plastic standoffs between the switch leaves that FLASHBALL’s photo shows.

#987 2 years ago

2 months later
#1021 2 years ago

I suspect they mean the “view topic image gallery” link at the top of the page, but isn’t there a speaker wire hack in that linked image?

#1024 2 years ago
4 weeks later
#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Their Paragon apron decal is terrible for instance...

It really is bad. I wish I had searched for reviews before I purchased one from him years ago. Lesson learned. Never again with that vendor. Fortunately, I ultimately found a replacement apron at a fair price from someone who was parting out a machine.

1 month later
#1077 2 years ago

There are a few different sound options depending on some dip-switch settings on the MPU. That may explain the difference you are hearing.

1 month later
#1153 2 years ago

I had the green X-pin 7 digit on my Paragon for a few years. I definitely liked the look. I pulled them and went back to plasma while troubleshooting an intermittent reset issue. I decided I may prefer the classic appearance. I only roll this tough damn pin a few times a year. Maybe I’ll decide to go back to 7 digits if I get on a run. I’ve been playing all weekend, and it doesn’t look like it will be any time soon.

1 month later
#1207 2 years ago

Nice work! That saucer is such a rewarding shot. It always puts a smile on my face.

3 weeks later
#1224 1 year ago

460k+ on first ball yesterday. 5x and maxed out super bonus. That doesn't happen every day!

3 weeks later
#1248 1 year ago

@MyParagon1979, I am curious as to the ACA shield on your apron. Is that an operator sticker? What does the smaller text say?

1 month later
#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Just curious...why are you looking to replace what you have?

Agreed. I installed a capacitor as a battery replacement on my Paragon years ago, back when NVRAM solutions were less readily available and more expensive. It has worked flawlessly for years. The only real issue to be mindful of is that if you leave your game off for a period of months, you will likely loose your settings. That's never been an issue for me, as I play this beast regularly.

1 month later
#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I’d assume under the rails would be the best guess to match the yellow.

It looks like you can get a good idea of the original red from under the rails as well. If you are going for the authentic look, this cabinet had spattering all over it, much like a lot of EMs.

5 months later
#1555 1 year ago

As I recall, that style post is threaded like a wood screw. It is simply screwed into the plywood with no other fastener needed. If you over drilled, just cut and fill with some sections of bamboo skewer and fill with copious amounts of wood glue (I like Titebond II).

#1559 1 year ago

Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly. It has been a very long time since I disassembled my Paragon's playfield. Sorry for any bad info.

1 week later
#1577 1 year ago

In my experience, $2500 in new parts very rarely equates to $2500 in added value to early solid state pins. My advice is to finish the project and play the snot out of it. Paragon is a super fun title, but I fear that you may be way upside down on that one.

1 week later
#1591 1 year ago

I personally will not do business with Classic Arcades for any product ever again. As KOLK1 suggests, clean your existing playfield and hang it as is. That playfield wear is its lineage. It adds character.

2 weeks later
#1607 1 year ago

Your roll tilt looks to be engaged. It should be closest to the coin door at a resting state.

2 months later
#1732 11 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

All the way up in back, all the way down in front on all my games.

Same. On mine I think that equates to about six degrees.

5 months later
#1818 5 months ago

My first ball strategy is to shoot the Golden Cliffs saucer on plunge. A well timed nudge when it releases to the pop bumper below will often result in the ball going back to the saucer. Rinse and repeat until you fail. Once the ball is in the lower playfield I rock the spinner until the first Super Bonus. Then I focus on the inline drop targets.

2 months later
#1865 3 months ago

It's not just the color. The fonts, text, even pin-striping are all a total fail. There are no redeeming characteristic for that product, nor the guy that makes it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombywoof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-club-enter-the-valley-of-demons?tu=zombywoof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.