20240331_094741 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240328_222316 (resized).jpg
20240329_070525 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240126_225518 (resized).jpg
IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Sound Board Pins/Wires - Photos Posted by BC_Gambit (10 years ago)

Post #183 Rectifier Board - J1, J2 & J3 wire photos Posted by Cheddar (8 years ago)

Post #269 Mini Flipper - Stock Black Lettering Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #274 Cabinet Stencils - Pinball Pimp Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #287 Bally Flipper Bat - Pinball Life Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #301 Bally AS-2518-18 Rectifier Board - Wiring Key Photos Posted by zombywoof (7 years ago)

Post #384 Removing Metal Spacers from Plastics Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #515 MPU J3 Connector Photos Posted by Captive_Ball (6 years ago)

Post #608 Mini Flipper - Buy it at PBR Posted by meSz (5 years ago)

Post #622 Saucer coil stop = A-61330 Posted by Captive_Ball (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#485 6 years ago

I'm in the market for a Paragon if anyone is looking to sell or knows of someone who is! Preferably within 4-6 hrs. Thanks!

#488 6 years ago

Going to look at one on Saturday, probably going to be joining the club this weekend! Also signed up for the CPR playfield. This will also be my first "restore." Can't wait!!!

#489 6 years ago

Joining the club!

20180127_172332 (resized).jpg20180127_172332 (resized).jpg

#494 6 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the siegcraft LED adapters? After installing per instructions, i still have several lamps flickering. After messing around for over an hour, the bonus inserts now barely light. Any thoughts?

#496 6 years ago

Check out my link. The likely problem is covered on the second page.

#498 6 years ago

I think mine is around 6.5, but thinking about dropping it a bit since a get a few airballs.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Legs all the way in up front, all the way out in back.

Quoted from zombywoof:

That’s how I’m set up as well. With stock Bally legs and levelers it gets me about a 5.5 degree incline. I’d suspect 6+ degrees is a bit much for many early SS tables.

So you're both less than 6.0?

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Anyone know the DIP switch that controls PARAGON letters being spotted by the in-line drops? I don't want this. Makes spelling Paragon WAY too easy.

It tells you in the manual, or if you have the settings staples in the back box. Cant remember offhand

#506 6 years ago

Just saw the the artwork is complete at CPR!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#511 6 years ago

^There wouldn't be any reason to have it on mirrored glass because of this.

#512 6 years ago

Since I'm here, looking to purchase the Pinitech DIY display kits soon. Making progress on this game bit by bit The CPR will be the pièce de résistance

1 week later
#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Hating life after several sub 40K games ....then when you pop off a 300K game...all is right with the world again

It's just Paragon's way of letting you know that you're still its b!tch, even if you have a good game every now and again

1 month later
#561 6 years ago

Are you planning on using a decal for the 2 inserts you're replacing?

#566 6 years ago

I play with cupped inserts, it affects ball travel maybe...10% of the time? And usually on slow, lazy balls (that's what she said). Personally, i don't like playing on pf protectors.

As far as raising the drops, even with the plate on the bottom of the mech, you can't raise the targets enough?

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from srcdube:

I’ve been slowly filling mine over the past couple of weeks with water based varathane diamond coat. Slow and tedious process but you end up developing your own technique. I’m near the end of the process with just a few touch ups remaining in some of the largest PARAGON letter inserts in the middle of the playfield. Happy with the way it’s turning out. I don’t feel confident with clear coating so I plan to rewax the whole playfield when I’m done.

I was going to ask if you cared to detail your process, but I'm getting a CPR playfield whenever that comes, and will be doing a pf swap instead I'll just put up with it until then

#576 6 years ago

I saw that. This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Used it to smuggle PS2s back in the day?!?! lol

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What do you think of clear color pop bumper body’s?

I think that would be better suited for a more modern game as opposed to a classic SS like Paragon, plus with the caps, might be too stark of a contrast.

#602 6 years ago

When you rebuild flippers, it's typically a good idea to do all flippers at the same time unless it's an individual component that you a replacing. In that case, you should do both, so that you have consistent flipper feel across all flippers. I would check the gap and contact of your EOS switches. If you have partial contact between the switches, you'll have weaker hold, and your flippers will bounce when a ball hits it. you'll want solid contact.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I would rebuild the 4 and switch them over to flipteonics style mechs, Vid covers this in his guide for rebuilding. They feel so much better and last longer and are cheaper to rebuild next time

I'm part of the camp that likes to keep them original. There's "charm" in the fat flipper bats and the sloppiness. Plus you can't do tap passes with modern style flippers. It's all part of the game, in my book! My Flash Gordon was rebuilt with the linear style flippers too

2 weeks later
#611 5 years ago

It's definitely a great game. And what's better yet??? A CPR Playfield slated for production. F*ck yeah!

4 weeks later
#616 5 years ago

First one done! Four more to go...

20180606_165033 (resized).jpg20180606_165033 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

greetings all....
if we want a new cpr playfield please sign up and get the preorder commitment full. We are not too far away to making this a reality.

I thought they already committed to making them.

#639 5 years ago

"Bally
Paragon

Collecting Preorders
See Rules Top of This Section
Artwork now complete, wood for these huge widebodies are now on order and inserts are on hand."

This to me implies that they have met their minimum and will be making them, unless I'm completely misunderstanding it. I haven't been on a preorder for a pf ever, so I don't know. The previous message was that they completed the artwork and that they want this to be a 2018 run, so this (again, to me) means that they've moved forward another step.

3 months later
#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Join the club a few days ago. Loving the game so far. Last night the mpu started resetting and I lost all of my insert lighting's. Now I can get the mpu to boot and start a game but no insert lights. I am not sure where to start. Check all of the fuses on the rec board. They are all good an not blown. I did check the voltages on the board. Tp1 is reading 0. And so is tp4. I am thinking the board went bad but not sure. Any help would be grateful.

Probably a blown or bad bridge rectifier. If you are comfortable doing board work, you could replace them, or you could go to nvram.weebly and buy a new assembled board for 50 or unassembled for 35. That would be my thought.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yep got a new board and installed it. Still no luck. Looks like I am missing the 12v and the 6v. Everything else is there. I double checked the wiring and everything looks good on that end. Maybe the transformer went bad. Is there an easy way to test the transformer?

Dumb thought, but have you tried reseating the connectors on the lamp board?

Next try grounding a lamp that is out to see if the lamp is getting power.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from wotan:

Hey all - I'm not a Paragon owner unfortunately but thought it was cool that Shailene Woodley can be seen playing a Paragon in this still from the upcoming Drake Doremus film. Eight Ball Deluxe in there playing second fiddle. Can't confidently make out the others.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/shailene-woodley-hits-arcade-berlin-first-look-picture-1183314
[quoted image]

Only 120 points on ball 2? Is she even flipping the ball?!

Seems like something funky is going on the with the display anyway.

#656 5 years ago

Thinking about listing my machine soon, in case there are lurkers nearby that are looking to join the club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-club-enter-the-valley-of-demons?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.