20240331_094741 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240328_222316 (resized).jpg
20240329_070525 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240126_225518 (resized).jpg
IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Sound Board Pins/Wires - Photos Posted by BC_Gambit (10 years ago)

Post #183 Rectifier Board - J1, J2 & J3 wire photos Posted by Cheddar (8 years ago)

Post #269 Mini Flipper - Stock Black Lettering Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #274 Cabinet Stencils - Pinball Pimp Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #287 Bally Flipper Bat - Pinball Life Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #301 Bally AS-2518-18 Rectifier Board - Wiring Key Photos Posted by zombywoof (7 years ago)

Post #384 Removing Metal Spacers from Plastics Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #515 MPU J3 Connector Photos Posted by Captive_Ball (6 years ago)

Post #608 Mini Flipper - Buy it at PBR Posted by meSz (5 years ago)

Post #622 Saucer coil stop = A-61330 Posted by Captive_Ball (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#682 4 years ago

I finally joined the club today!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Can anyone show me a pic of the boards?

I need to make sure i plugged some things in correctly

#683 4 years ago

I finally joined the club today!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Can anyone show me a pic of the boards?

I need to make sure i plugged some things in correctly

#686 4 years ago

Today i turned on my paragon and all the lights came on, but the displays didnt come on and there was a loud and constant buzz sound. Any ideas?

Added over 5 years ago:

Solved.

1 week later
#687 4 years ago

Does anyone have LED advice?
Number and type of bulbs?

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Will you post what the resolution was? It might help others in the future.

Certainly.

There was a connector that needed the pins cleaned. I brushed them with a small toothbrush.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My game is 100% LEDs. I buy LEDs in 100 packs from Comet, so not sure how many. I used "sunlight", which is between natural and warm white. Sunlight looks really great in this game. I used the frosted 1-SMD in the GI and in the bigger inserts. I used the frosted 1-SMD retro in the back box and all of the smaller inserts. The retro are not quite as bright. If you want to just use one type of bulb everywhere I'd go with the 1SMD and no retro.
You probably also want to upgrade the light board in the back box or the insert LEDs will flicker and look terrible. I have the Alltek board, but the daughter boards sold at Comet work fine too.

Thanks for the advice. I always go with Conet Pinball...they are simply the best.

I got sunlight frosted and the daughterboard. Once i receive and install them, i will share pics.

#696 4 years ago

I recently got a Paragon (about a couple of weeks ago) and I have been doing some upgrades. Cleaning and waxing of course...but I added an nvram chip, new locks and keys, cool key fob, shooter rod assembly, bally coin door sticker, pop bumper caps, ninja high polish pinball, manual, metal coin box, rubbers, LEDs and non-flicker daughterboard. As promised, I have pics below.

I went with Comet pinball because they are the BEST (thank you @ryanwanger )
After going through a few test bulbs, I went with clear natural white for inserts and frosted sunlight white for the GI and backbox. I wish I would have used the flexible/adjustable 2-head LEDs to brighten up the entire area of the rollover stars...but I may order those later.

20190526_211315 (resized).jpg20190526_211315 (resized).jpg20190526_211328 (resized).jpg20190526_211328 (resized).jpg20190526_211337 (resized).jpg20190526_211337 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2019-05-26-21-20-16 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-26-21-20-16 (resized).png
2 months later
#715 4 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

Was home for 48 hours this past weekend and did some reorganization. Couldn’t handle not having the three siblings all together.[quoted image]

I LOVE that lineup!!

#721 4 years ago

Do y'all prefer incandescents or warm white LEDs??

2 weeks later
#727 4 years ago

I'm selling some paragon pop bumper caps here on inside, if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80023

3 months later
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Played my 1st game on Paragon after having it for 18 years. Cabinet re-paint, NOS BG and a OE cleared PF and a bunch of new parts. Worth the wait![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Paragon is truly an underpriced and underrated game (though it is in the top 100 on Pinside).
The way it beats your game skills into submission is rarely equaled. You MUST play your best and use control, or you will get destroyed. I have seen top ranked players get absolutely shredded by it.

There are so many ways to score, and the beasts lair pop bumper is an incredible feature.

Awesome pin. Congrats!!

2 months later
#760 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Where the heck are you folks finding such nice Paragons? I’m still looking for one.

I had to look for a couple of years for mine...and even then I had to talk the seller into it after several months.

4 weeks later
#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Anyone have an extra little dog-bone shaped plastic that goes right in front of the pop bumper over the target?

I saw this on eBay:

ebay.com link: bally Paragon pinball plastics set spinner pop bumper caps used nice

1 month later
#795 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Any one have thoughts on getting powder coated or brass rails and legs? Or keep it silver

I like the original

2 years later
#1285 1 year ago

If anyone is selling a Paragon or knows someone who is, please PM me.
I would like to get one in fantastic cosmetic and working condition. A restored one would be ideal.

#1294 1 year ago

Anyone have a restored paragon to sale, or working on one that will be sold? PM me

5 months later
#1522 1 year ago

Does anyone happen to have the coil/assembly for the right 3 drop targets bank?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 69.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-club-enter-the-valley-of-demons?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.