20240331_094741 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240328_222316 (resized).jpg
20240329_070525 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240126_225518 (resized).jpg
IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #103 Sound Board Pins/Wires - Photos Posted by BC_Gambit (10 years ago)

Post #183 Rectifier Board - J1, J2 & J3 wire photos Posted by Cheddar (8 years ago)

Post #269 Mini Flipper - Stock Black Lettering Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #274 Cabinet Stencils - Pinball Pimp Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #287 Bally Flipper Bat - Pinball Life Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #301 Bally AS-2518-18 Rectifier Board - Wiring Key Photos Posted by zombywoof (7 years ago)

Post #384 Removing Metal Spacers from Plastics Posted by Captive_Ball (7 years ago)

Post #515 MPU J3 Connector Photos Posted by Captive_Ball (6 years ago)

Post #608 Mini Flipper - Buy it at PBR Posted by meSz (5 years ago)

Post #622 Saucer coil stop = A-61330 Posted by Captive_Ball (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 10 years ago

Hey Paragoonies! I am trying to home brew a Paragon pin2k set up and I was wondering if anyone else has made it work in an Embryon cabinet with the -61 sound board running Paragon sound rooms? Alternatively I could try to use a different sound board.

I want to join this club and I would like to bring my coffee table back to life.

Thanks

IMG_20140314_110115.jpgIMG_20140314_110115.jpg

4 weeks later
#101 10 years ago

Does anyone here have the time/desire to tell me the wire colors going from the sound board for the pins 1-15.

I am attempting to build a pin2K style set up using our Embryon cabinet and a Paragon playfield that is currently a coffee table. I have a dedicated -50 sound board from an Embryon and I am wanting to build a custom wiring harness for the few differences between the -61 sound board (Embryon) and the one for Paragon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For instance, I believe that pin 1 uses a blue with yellow banded wire that loops through the connector and goes back to A4J4-4 (mpu) and A3J4-6 (solenoid driver board).

If nothing else, a close up picture of the 15-pin sound board connector could also work.

Thanks

#104 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics, they will definitely prove useful.

1 week later
#106 9 years ago

Has anyone here installed one of the playfield protectors yet? They are available in Europe and they may become available from Bay Area Amusements, along with the others that they sell. I am strongly considering it as it should eliminate the raised/sunken insert issues and it would arrest any further loss of artwork.

Any comments for or against?

Thanks!

2 months later
#112 9 years ago

As I have been progressing through my paragon coffee table conversion back into a playable pinball table, I am wondering about the potential to have this playfield restored. Please note that I have committed the PF to a fellow pinsider.

Any suggestions on who does this kind of work nowadays?

Here are a few pics of the spare one for reference.

Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg
image-310.jpgimage-310.jpg
image-662.jpgimage-662.jpg
image-752.jpgimage-752.jpg

4 weeks later
#115 9 years ago

Quick question for a paragon owner...where does the other end of the sound board J1 connector pin 12 which is brown with a blue trace connect?

#117 9 years ago

Celebrating the completion of our Paragon "pin 2k minus 20" project. We now have a mostly working kit for a Paragon coffee table resurrected and now playable in our Embryon machine.

Here is the cross thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-paragon-swap-into-embryon#post-1878669

#118 9 years ago

What specific dip switch settings do you recommend for keeping the machine challenging?

#119 9 years ago

Any suggestions on how best to duplicate this white 9-pin female connector and wiring in order to get the last of my controlled lamps working on my Paragon resurrection project?

This is the one area that has kept my Paragon resurrection project from being 100%.

It is what is described in Table "B" of the Plug Connectors and I am unclear where the wires go once they are wrapped up in the black electrical tape.

image-65.jpgimage-65.jpg

4 weeks later
#121 9 years ago

Has anyone else here installed on the playfield protectors on their Paragon? I put one on and it is a good fit, except for around the upper triangle area between the two saucers. I am happy with the product, but that one area is an issue.

I have spoken with BAA about it, but wanted to see if anyone else had the similar experience.

#123 9 years ago

I installed it on an original playfield, and during my discussions with BAA I sent them these pics. As a result they have pulled them off of their website and they are working with the manufacturer in Germany to address the one area of mis-alignment.

Again, this is not a bash of the product and I am pleased that something like this is available.

The issue that I have with mine is that the uncovered area on the right side of the triangle is big enough for a slow moving ball to get trapped. Notice the difference in the gap on the left and right side, just below the uppermost rollover. All other parts of the playfield are covered nicely.

image-266.jpgimage-266.jpg
image-398.jpgimage-398.jpg

1 week later
#125 9 years ago

Has anyone ventured into adding background sounds to a Paragon?

I suspect that a different sound board, like a squak and talk, -51 or -61 board would be a piece of the puzzle.

3 weeks later
#126 9 years ago

**edit - these have been claimed and are being forwarded on to a another pinsider(s). **

As part of an ongoing pay it forward, I have a complete playfield plastic set that is available, possibly in singles to whoever needs them. Please note that these are the colored ones only. No clears.

I will update this thread as they are taken.

I also have a spare shooter gauge.

Just cover postage.

2 months later
#134 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Finally joined the club today. I have been waiting for a decent example to pop up locally. Mine is the super rare blue face/Backbox version!

Nice! pm me your address so that I can send this to you.

image.jpg 269 KB

image-559.jpg 256 KB

IMG_20150129_163330.jpgIMG_20150129_163330.jpg
2 weeks later
#138 9 years ago

Funny coincidence that I picked up a complete Paragon machine today. And it was 2 miles from my house. Non pinball guy getting ready to move who listed it as simply "pinball" in his garage sale ad. Didn't know what game it was until I showed up.

I plan on selling our paragon pin2k minus 20 project and its Backglass in the near future. Probably at TPF so that I don't need to ship. *** edit - these have all been sold***

Pics of the new machine coming soon.

6 months later
#149 8 years ago

I just installed a new version of the Paragon play field protector and so far it looks like a better fit than the original. I contacted the European manufacturer and sent a picture of where the ball would hang up, and they were quick to respond and fix the problem.

I have left the top layer on (ie not peeled it off yet) to show how it fits. Overall it required about an hour to install and just a few parts being removed (3 flippers, 4 ball gates, the spinner, all 4 jet bumper caps and 3 wire ball guides).

This is well worth the money for a playfield with decent artwork but cupped inserts, and our machine plays a bit faster than before.

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg
image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

My guess is that one of the metal tabs inside the saucer is bent or has broken off completely.

If nothing else appears to be amiss, then swap the left and right assemblies.

4 years later
#751 4 years ago

Does anyone here need this?

C66FB22B-2CA7-4887-AB3D-9DB1FE24C640 (resized).jpegC66FB22B-2CA7-4887-AB3D-9DB1FE24C640 (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#837 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare red rectangular stand up target assembly, or just the target face?

PBR is sold out.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-club-enter-the-valley-of-demons?tu=EEE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.