Topic Stats

• 783 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 393 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F4C1F28-CBC3-4F86-B919-3969BEB4F584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3236[1].JPG
D0D99599-8484-48E3-9C89-AB671C5CD8F3 (resized).jpeg
FD97DF41-27DF-4E65-8601-330572463BA5 (resized).jpeg
4822B90B-E19A-4E01-87D8-187B148C6434 (resized).jpeg
6470C7BD-BF13-44C9-B5F4-6608087AF804 (resized).jpeg
70FFF88A-139F-400D-B980-3A9448D2BC74 (resized).jpeg
1F02CC4F-89E4-441D-8CF7-57AB51AD63C7 (resized).jpeg
EE0AE758-79AC-4E43-9BE6-C0D625619277 (resized).jpeg
9E04F788-CCF4-41B7-B164-DAA345FD01EB (resized).jpeg
IMG_0633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0634 (resized).jpg
IMG_0625 (resized).jpg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0624 (resized).jpg
C66FB22B-2CA7-4887-AB3D-9DB1FE24C640 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 4 years ago

I'm hoping that I can buy the CPR playfield, plastics and backglass all at the same time. I have a donor game with no backglass.

#202 4 years ago

So I was fortunate to pick up a HUO Paragon last weekend, so the project is now moving along to another pinhead. Here is a sample of pictures of this beauty.

Sides are a bit faded, but the front looks nice
DSC_0204.JPG

Shooter lane
DSC_0215.JPG

Playfield
DSC_0206.JPG

Playfield 2
DSC_0214.JPG

Bottom side Playfield
DSC_0217.JPG

#203 4 years ago

Few more....Cheers
DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0222.JPG
DSC_0221.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0212.JPG

#204 4 years ago

Wow! How sweet is that!?!?!?!

Nice find!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#205 4 years ago

That's one shiny Paragon

#206 4 years ago

Looks amazing. As much as I'm looking forward to the CPR playfields, a nice original is always better.

#207 4 years ago

Beautiful. As swampy says, it's nicer to find one in good shape than have to spend the time and money to do it yourself (He's actually done some really great swaps, I have yet to do the couple I've got planned but I'm glad the Paragon I found was nice enough to leave alone).

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

So I was fortunate to pick up a HUO Paragon last weekend, so the project is now moving along to another pinhead.

VERY RARE find there, I would gladly trump the offer to buy if shipped, if the pinhead someday changes his mind.
The playfield looks basically NOS, too bad they did not clear coat playfields back in that day.

Reminds me of an Embryon I found back in its shipping box (after 15+ years), after it had a premature cradle death due to board failure and was forgotten about. It was routed for 2 weeks. The base cabinet and board area looked exactly the same as these photos.

#209 4 years ago

Can i join? fixing this old lady...

Paragon_10.jpg

1 week later
#210 4 years ago

Every time I walk past my living room and see the Paragon, I think, "Man, what a beautiful piece of art!" I used a little darker red than I see most people using, but I think it really makes it all pop.

side.jpg

#211 4 years ago

She is a looker......and your example looks very clean

#212 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a Paragon pf overlay? Or just a lower pf overlay for between the slingshots.

I tried sending a pm to Nedreud, he's the one that was making his own overlay a year ago before his project thread went dead.

I did save the hi-rez playfield scan he uploaded though, anyone know how to get one of these printed properly with the correct material and sizing?

#213 4 years ago

A sign shop can print it full size for you.

What resolution is your playfield scan?

Has the artwork been corrected?

#214 4 years ago

What's a Paragon with badly faded cab reds and a lightly worn but pretty clean playfield going for now? Seen so many prices all over the place that I have no real sense of what the value is now.

IMG_3497.JPGIMG_3494.JPG

#215 4 years ago

With the CPR playfields coming up, probably $900+

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Thanks vid. It's clean enough that I wouldn't bother with a swap if I got it, but if I don't end up keeping it just want to make sure I'm in the fair market range for passing it along.

Truth is I have no real room right now, might need to sell my Fireball II to get another Bally in.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hope CPR is making backglasses for Paragon too. The one I bought is pretty much identical to the one Aurich shows above - but it came without a BG.

#218 4 years ago

CPR made back glasses for paragon around 12 months ago.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

CPR made back glasses for paragon around 12 months ago.

Looks like 2 years ago. Anyway...Bummer. Not much point in putting a new playfield in a game with no backglass.

#220 4 years ago

Those BG had the same color issues FG did but I imagine CPR will re-run those with the newer improved process sometime.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hope CPR is making backglasses for Paragon too. The one I bought is pretty much identical to the one Aurich shows above - but it came without a BG.

Contact Steve at bgresto.com... He did an awesome job reproducing mine!

IMG_0107.jpg

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Contact Steve at bgresto.com... He did an awesome job reproducing mine!
IMG_0107.jpg

Just did - hopefully my empty backbox is not a problem.

#223 4 years ago

He makes the from scratch!

#224 4 years ago

Talked to Steve today, Paragon will be getting a backglass soon!

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Talked to Steve today, Paragon will be getting a backglass soon!

Sweet!

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A sign shop can print it full size for you.
What resolution is your playfield scan?
Has the artwork been corrected?

Thanks Vid,
What material do I ask them to print it on?
It is 150 dpi.
What needs to be corrected?
Here is the link to the playfield scan below...

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

What material do I ask them to print it on?

If they have a direct printer, they can print it on the wood itself.

If they print vinyl, you have that.

If they can print white, you can print on clear vinyl and have way less work with the inserts.

Quoted from Cam:

Here is the link to the playfield scan below...

They might not want to print it because it's a .jpg - better go in person and discus your options.

You also might want to have only the the black layer printed on clear polyester, just to see if the scale is correct and everything lines up.

Better to know the scale is off on a $15 print than a $50......

#228 4 years ago

So, I have a question. Everything seemed to line up last night and I was able to roll the score on Paragon (It is set to 5 ball). I was excited that I was going to see the new HS flash in attract mode, but when the time came, it showed the previous HS that I just beat. Is this because I rolled the machine so it doesn't recognize this as the high score?

#229 4 years ago

So, I have a question. Everything seemed to line up last night and I was able to roll the score on Paragon (It is set to 5 ball). I was excited that I was going to see the new HS flash in attract mode, but when the time came, it showed the previous HS that I just beat. Is this because I rolled the machine so it doesn't recognize this as the high score?

Yes.

#230 4 years ago

Thanks for the response Anthony....Starting ball 5, I had 975K with 40K bonus in hand, so unless I tilited I was going to roll regardless.

Do you know if the 7 digit X-pin display fixes this issue?

#231 4 years ago

Thanks for the response Anthony....Starting ball 5, I had 975K with 40K bonus in hand, so unless I tilited I was going to roll regardless.

I believe their "7volution" system does.

You did the right thing by rolling it. Wayyy cooler than just setting the HS.

#232 4 years ago

SWEET...I'll add that to the Christmas list

#233 4 years ago

Yes it will!

#234 4 years ago

Is this because I rolled the machine so it doesn't recognize this as the high score?

The trick is to TILT (so the bonus does not roll it) with as close to 999,999 as possible.

That is called "9-ing it out".

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The trick is to TILT (so the bonus does not roll it) with as close to 999,999 as possible.
That is called "9-ing it out".

Never heard that before. Makes perfect sense. Need to give it a go 9-ing out my my Space Invaders.

#236 4 years ago

If memory serves me correctly, Bowen tried that while demonstrating game play on Kings of Steel, but wasn't able to do it in time.

1 week later
#237 4 years ago

Just a shot in the dark. Does anybody have one of these stickers that they would part with? I am working on my Vector and it uses the same spring gauge decal as Paragon, it appears. No apron sets are available for Vector and all I need is the spring gauge decal anyway. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks

spring_gauge.jpg

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Just a shot in the dark. Does anybody have one of these stickers that they would part with? I am working on my Vector and it uses the same spring gauge decal as Paragon, it appears. No apron sets are available for Vector and all I need is the spring gauge decal anyway. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks

spring_gauge.jpg

Most aprons of this age were painted and sealed by heat and lacquer.
I do not recall any proper decal sets for these Early Bally machines.
It might be worth your time to scan, clean up and have it professional printed.
Off hand I personally cannot think of ANYBODY that carries "decals" for this particular machine.
You might find another apron however.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

ebay.com link ยป Paragon Pinball Machine Apron Decal Set

At least this is decent quality. Generally, his printing is quite good. I did not realize Jeff was expanding his "repetoire".

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

At least this is decent quality.

Wait till you get it and then judge! Stuff from Jeff is generally VERY poor in quality and his pictures don't reflect it!

#242 4 years ago

Well if someone needs the apron decal and not the spring gauge, let me know. We can work something out.

#243 4 years ago

Compare that decal to an original Paragon apron. The Bally logo is wrong, the other fonts and text are wrong, and it is missing the circle motif at the center. It's like the guy couldn't be bothered to get it correct. Why on Earth would Planetary license this crap?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Compare that decal to an original Paragon apron. The Bally logo is wrong, the other fonts and text are wrong, and it is missing the circle motif at the center. It's like the guy couldn't be bothered to get it correct. Why on Earth would Planetary license this crap?

Better than nothing at all.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Words to live by, I guess. Men have married with similar sentiments.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Words to live by, I guess. Men have married with similar sentiments.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I would disagree. I bought one of these and it was absolute garbage. Lettering wrong, sloppy line work, wrong color, banding in the print. Awful.

#248 4 years ago

Why on Earth would Planetary license this crap?

I highly doubt they did, they are too just chasing other pinball ambulances. This coupled with the expiration of Williams and Bally parts patents may open a whole new door in the future.

Too bad about the quality of the item. Never been partial to decals myself, unless it was for a sanded cabinet

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Why on Earth would Planetary license this crap?

You think Rick cares about the quality of product someone puts out? There are numerous post about the lack of quality that classicarcade puts out and nothing has ever been done!

#250 4 years ago

He will tell you he cares, but I have yet to see anything improved at classicarcade. Pity pinballrescue got shut down on the B/W stuff, they did outstanding work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside