Topic Stats

• 783 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 393 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F4C1F28-CBC3-4F86-B919-3969BEB4F584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3236[1].JPG
D0D99599-8484-48E3-9C89-AB671C5CD8F3 (resized).jpeg
FD97DF41-27DF-4E65-8601-330572463BA5 (resized).jpeg
4822B90B-E19A-4E01-87D8-187B148C6434 (resized).jpeg
6470C7BD-BF13-44C9-B5F4-6608087AF804 (resized).jpeg
70FFF88A-139F-400D-B980-3A9448D2BC74 (resized).jpeg
1F02CC4F-89E4-441D-8CF7-57AB51AD63C7 (resized).jpeg
EE0AE758-79AC-4E43-9BE6-C0D625619277 (resized).jpeg
9E04F788-CCF4-41B7-B164-DAA345FD01EB (resized).jpeg
IMG_0633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0634 (resized).jpg
IMG_0625 (resized).jpg
IMG_0630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0624 (resized).jpg
C66FB22B-2CA7-4887-AB3D-9DB1FE24C640 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#51 6 years ago

Was hoping to be a member today BUT somebody did a BUY IT NOW on EBAY for the one I wanted. I was waiting to hear back on the dimensions of the machine and it was sold less than an hour later. WAAAAAH!!! If anybody finds a REALLY nice one for sale PLEASE let me know. Playfield should be immaculate and I don't mind paying up for it. THANKS for any assistance!!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Was hoping to be a member today BUT somebody did a BUY IT NOW on EBAY for the one I wanted. I was waiting to hear back on the dimensions of the machine and it was sold less than an hour later. WAAAAAH!!! If anybody finds a REALLY nice one for sale PLEASE let me know. Playfield should be immaculate and I don't mind paying up for it. THANKS for any assistance!!

Wow ... sold for $4400. Was this the one you were looking at?

ebay.com link » 1979 Bally Paragon Pinball Machine

#53 6 years ago

No that's not the one I was referring to. One sold today for 2495 (Check completed listings...might not update till tomorrow). Person did a BUY IT NOW even thou there was a "Make an offer" option. Guess they REALLY wanted it!! I wanted to make sure it would fit thru my front door first...You snooze you lose.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

No that's not the one I was referring to. One sold today for 2495 (Check completed listings...might not update till tomorrow). Person did a BUY IT NOW even thou there was a "Make an offer" option. Guess they REALLY wanted it!! I wanted to make sure it would fit thru my front door first...You snooze you lose.

Yep. I learn to buy first, then figure out the logistics later. There's always a way ... Like removing the head.

There will be others.

#55 6 years ago

Have you made out your will yet?? I am a Born n Raised Jersey boy after all (Sprung from Cages on Highway 9)

1 week later
#56 6 years ago

Man, I love the artwork on this game. I'd love to join this club someday. I've never owned a game quite this old. Is working on one much different than working on 1990s-2000s games?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Man, I love the artwork on this game. I'd love to join this club someday. I've never owned a game quite this old. Is working on one much different than working on 1990s-2000s games?

Easier.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

NorCalRealtor said:

Easier.

Much.

#59 6 years ago

Do the legs and/or head need to be removed to fit through a standard front door? I've got about 32", or 34" if I take the door off the hinges.

#60 6 years ago

I've got a working/good condition Paragon that I might be talked out of. Any interest? I'm in Huntsville, AL and can work with NAVL no problem.

#61 6 years ago

Anyone have a stencil kit I can purchase or borrow? Working on a paragon but the cabinet is so faded that the red is gone.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Do the legs and/or head need to be removed to fit through a standard front door? I've got about 32", or 34" if I take the door off the hinges.

The heads usually need to be removed to move around too much, but luckily they are much easier to remove than a DMD game. Much fewer connectors.

#63 6 years ago
#64 6 years ago

For $125.... that's $25 more than I paid for the machine! Anyone have a used set of the stencil kit?

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

For $125.... that's $25 more than I paid for the machine! Anyone have a used set of the stencil kit?

Although people have said they have used the stencil kits for more than one cabinet , I don't see how . They are pretty much one time use only. I've used Twisted pins Stencils and they are nice and work great but I can't see them being reused . Pinball Pal Generation 2 are made of a thicker material and maybe those could be reused easier But Still not sure .

#66 6 years ago

Finally have a place to put my beer when I'm playing Paragon.

P1010296.JPG
#67 6 years ago

That is Awesome.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I have a new set ... Once I'm done you can have it for cheap. Just be aware I'll likely wait until Spring to get it done.

Brian

1 week later
#69 6 years ago

I had another pinsider, and fellow Paragon owner, over last night. He was looking at the posts on mine below the beast's lair and he said that his only had one right beneath the gate thingy, and mine has two. I looked at the photos on ipdb and there's one with the two posts there and a couple of others with only one post. Does anyone know if this is a user modification or if they came from Bally both ways?photob-492.jpg

#70 6 years ago

I've owned 3 paragons and have a few friends that own one , and that is the first time I have seen that .

#71 6 years ago

mine only has one.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

mine only has one.

Same here. All three of my Paragons only had one.

#73 6 years ago

One on mine.

#74 6 years ago

Mine has one star post and a small metal post next to it.

#75 6 years ago

I got my paragon up and running. Just leveled and cleared the pf. Played it for the first time last night. Pretty sweet especially for its era. Soon I will paint the cab, got the paint just need the stencil kit.

#76 6 years ago

Who has painted/done stencils on their Paragon? I want to do mine but a bloke I was talking to here in Aussie reckons the set from twisted pins are not the right width at the front. He ended up getting the front custom made for his restoration. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm Also interested in how people have gone removing mylar from their Paragons? What method did you use and did you lose much paint?
Cheers.

#77 6 years ago

I removed the mylar with no paint peel. And someone here recommended pinballpal for the stencils they're better than twisted pins.

#78 6 years ago

Paragon has been in my collection now for 15 years. Played it back in the day new. I restored 1 about 15 years ago and then scored another about 4 years back with NOS field, NOS backglass with a nice cabinet. I am going to have to clear the NOS field though. Kinda stinks but we have just played the crap out of the game. I typically don't like to clear NOS fields if they are in great shape but in this case I should of. Anyway. Paragon is one of the best games ever made.

My son and his friends are totally getting into it.

Have probably had it on legs as much as my Quicksilver. 12 years or so.

#79 6 years ago

Just got my Paragon in today...only 1 post on mine as well.

2 months later
#80 6 years ago

Wow, dead thread. Two months and no Paragon action.

#81 6 years ago

Scwartz just found out best of pinball finally made a playfield protector for Paragon! Now I can cover up all those cupped inserts!

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/636/products_id/13954/session/true

2 weeks later
#82 6 years ago

Hey Paragoonies! I am trying to home brew a Paragon pin2k set up and I was wondering if anyone else has made it work in an Embryon cabinet with the -61 sound board running Paragon sound rooms? Alternatively I could try to use a different sound board.

I want to join this club and I would like to bring my coffee table back to life.

Thanks

IMG_20140314_110115.jpg

1 week later
#83 5 years ago

Got my hands on a decent looking paragon. Been working on the playfield shopping it out. Wish I could do a bit of touch up and clear coat it, but at this point like to just get it playing. Here is a pic of playfield after lots of cleaning.

image-126.jpg image.jpg
#84 5 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

Got my hands on a decent looking paragon. Been working on the playfield shopping it out. Wish I could do a bit of touch up and clear coat it, but at this point like to just get it playing. Here is a pic of playfield after lots of cleaning.

image.jpg 267 KB

image-126.jpg 231 KB

Sure looks nice!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Scwartz just found out best of pinball finally made a playfield protector for Paragon! Now I can cover up all those cupped inserts!
http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/636/products_id/13954/session/true

When I first saw those overlays, I was very sceptical indeed. Seemed like a stupid idea.

But when I went to Germany last year, I went to a guys home arcade (with 300 pins!!) where almost all the older games had these overlays fitted. I believe they used his games to design the overlays.

All I can say is ... Wow. They look like glass when they're installed.

Play wise, they play like magic. I can really see the benefits for the older games with damaged inserts etc.

119 euros seems expensive, but I guess it's a lot cheaper than having your PF professionally restored and cleared.

PS I'm a member of the Paragon club too, as of last week. Whooop whooop!

rd

1 week later
#86 5 years ago

Finally finished just cleaning and replacing parts on the playfield. Plays nice, but not perfect.image-489.jpg

image.jpg
#87 5 years ago

Anybody have a extra 1/4 moon plastic in front of the first pop bumper for sale or know were i could get one thanks for any help

#88 5 years ago

Black flipper bats look good .

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Black flipper bats look good .

Thanks, just something different. My main issue at this time is cupped inserts. Any suggestions on what the best way is to fix this without replacing or clearing the whole playfield?

#90 5 years ago

No unfortunately , I the only way I would know how to do it is with clearing and sanding until they are flat .

#91 5 years ago

This is a club I should be in. See pictures here: http://mcwhorters.net. Love my Paragon... Mac

#92 5 years ago

I've been in this club for ~5 years, no regrets.

I'm a Paragon hipster though; I have a powerball in mine to make it play even more wicked fast. If I uploaded a vid all the other cool kids would start doing it too

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

This is a club I should be in. See pictures here: http://mcwhorters.net. Love my Paragon... Mac

6 coats of automotive clear? That's awesome!

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'm a Paragon hipster though; I have a powerball in mine to make it play even more wicked fast. If I uploaded a vid all the other cool kids would start doing it too

Now that you mentioned it, you have to upload a vid for us to see.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No unfortunately , I the only way I would know how to do it is with clearing and sanding until they are flat .

Interesting. I got to look into that, but it seems a bit scary clearing and sanding the inserts on the playfield.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

Interesting. I got to look into that, but it seems a bit scary clearing and sanding the inserts on the playfield.

Yep that's how it's done , but you'd be clearing and sanding the whole playfield though . Block sanding will flatten out the areas that are low . It will take multiple coats of clear and a decent amount of sanding . Playfield needs to be properly preped before you even start though . If you don't have expirience doing this I would suggest paying someone who does to do it for you .

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'd say... innovator more than hipster, cause I never would have thought to put a powerball in Paragon.

Hipster would be like my father who has been in the club for 25+ years...

Regardless, of my wandering thoughts, I would love to see a video of that and may have to copy you. That sounds like sounds like a real good time!

#98 5 years ago

Looking to buy a used Paragon Playfield if anyone has a project one lying around they would like to sell. I just need one that i can restore. I bought a project Paragon and the playfield is beyond repair, so I need a replacement to bring this one back to life.

Thanks

Joe

#99 5 years ago

I just received my repro plastics yesterday from CPR and they are stunning! I can't wait to get my restore going so I can put them on my game!

#100 5 years ago

I have 2 1/2 Paragons here waiting for me to find the time to restore one and possibly sell off the rest afterwards.

Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 157.00
$ 50.00
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 783 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside