Topic Stats

• 664 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinfixer
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
paragongates (resized).jpg
48388938_219330785655757_5419282858126606336_n (resized).jpg
48403692_2582202765138059_3393961394423463936_n (resized).jpg
4141B5A8-7323-4430-83B1-64498A262D3C (resized).jpeg
8DA21B23-DBE3-465D-B95C-159F2418BAF4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2849 (resized).PNG
FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
20180606_165033 (resized).jpg
kt-bflip-03 (resized).jpg

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 12 days ago

Thought it was about time I made a first post in the club.
I'm currently working on refurbishing a Paragon in a separate thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast

A couple select pictures, currently at the playfield clear coating stage.

#652 12 days ago

Only the wire form.

#653 12 days ago

If your manual has a part number for the wire form only, you can see if Marco's stocks a repro. I have a parts catalog for Paragon and a couple of other early Bally titles. I'll check to see if the part numbers are listed there.

You can buy a wire bending jig and straight wire from Marco's. Get a fellow Paragon owner to give you some pictures and take some measurements so that you can build your own wire forms. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=wire+bending

#654 12 days ago

Hey all - I'm not a Paragon owner unfortunately but thought it was cool that Shailene Woodley can be seen playing a Paragon in this still from the upcoming Drake Doremus film. Eight Ball Deluxe in there playing second fiddle. Can't confidently make out the others.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/shailene-woodley-hits-arcade-berlin-first-look-picture-1183314

image2 (resized).jpeg

#655 12 days ago
Quoted from wotan:

Hey all - I'm not a Paragon owner unfortunately but thought it was cool that Shailene Woodley can be seen playing a Paragon in this still from the upcoming Drake Doremus film. Eight Ball Deluxe in there playing second fiddle. Can't confidently make out the others.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/shailene-woodley-hits-arcade-berlin-first-look-picture-1183314
[quoted image]

Only 120 points on ball 2? Is she even flipping the ball?!

Seems like something funky is going on the with the display anyway.

#656 12 days ago

Thinking about listing my machine soon, in case there are lurkers nearby that are looking to join the club

#657 12 days ago

Bit of Friday trivia for you. As you progress the Golden Cliffs, it plays more and more of a tune. Anyone know the name of the tune? Under the radar this makes Paragon the very first pinball to have a tune-building sequence. Playboy is usually credited being the first because of the well-known tune, but in fact this honor goes to Paragon!

I'll post the answer later if nobody guesses.

#658 12 days ago

Has anyone heard anything from CPR about how the new digital printing may impact the wait for the new playfield?

#659 12 days ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

Playboy is usually credited being the first because of the well-known tune, but in fact this honor goes to Paragon!

I thought Playboy predated Paragon, but please do post the name. I can’t place it, even though I’ve heard it all these years.

#660 12 days ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

Bit of Friday trivia for you. As you progress the Golden Cliffs, it plays more and more of a tune. Anyone know the name of the tune? Under the radar this makes Paragon the very first pinball to have a tune-building sequence. Playboy is usually credited being the first because of the well-known tune, but in fact this honor goes to Paragon!

Stairway to Heaven?

#661 12 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Stairway to Heaven?

Freebird!?

#662 12 days ago
Quoted from wotan:

Can't confidently make out the others.

Bally BMX
Bally Skate Ball
Gottlieb Surf Champ

#663 10 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If your manual has a part number for the wire form only, you can see if Marco's stocks a repro. I have a parts catalog for Paragon and a couple of other early Bally titles. I'll check to see if the part numbers are listed there.
You can buy a wire bending jig and straight wire from Marco's. Get a fellow Paragon owner to give you some pictures and take some measurements so that you can build your own wire forms. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=wire+bending

I may be able to loan some of my friends paragon (he has two) to copy them... that may be the best option.

#664 10 days ago
Quoted from pinfixer:

"The Worm" -- Ohio Players

It was supposedly a catchy song on the radio when they were programming the sounds for the game.

Looking for a bit of Paragon history myself. I recall seeing Greg Kmiec standing next to a Paragon game in a photo. In that photo the Paragon had a Bally "Flying Ball" logo affixed to the top of the head. That game is now in my collection and I'd really like to have a copy of that photo. It may have appeared in a trade magazine, but for the life of me I've not been able to find it back.

John

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 157.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 149.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Marblehead, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
1,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Madison, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside