View topic image gallery

4b2a4a5ded5ea5cbd1bc160304d196e4b9e0b22f.jpg
7c03115c2f96b6854e0eedf85c518914d3c1a9a9.jpg
11651027_10207646592987007_147933239_n.jpg
IMG_0586 (resized).JPG
P7021091 (resized).JPG
191521_1610595300768_4637728_o (resized).jpg
images (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

My favourite pin.
Playfield restore completed

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Time it does take. I put in an uncounted number of hours (estimated 300-500hrs over two+ years) drawing Medusa at 6400% zoom (11 color layers counting black, by far the most detail and hardest), and even more on Flash Gordon before that. If memory serves, when the films were found to be unusable, I think Stu was going to draw Paragon, he's much faster than me, so it should be well in hand (if not already done).
-Jim

Hope its better than the backglass cause that was crap.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which one Medusa or Attack of the Tomato People Flash Gordon?

Was talking paragon

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Still a reproduced backglass by CPR is far better than a beat peeling scratched glass or no glass at all.

So which one would YOU use...

P7021091 (resized).JPGP7021091 (resized).JPG

#48 6 years ago

Oh and to help you judge, here's the original...

IMG_0586 (resized).JPGIMG_0586 (resized).JPG

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Here's a brief history of my experience with Paragon over the last 6 years.
I did a full restore on mine in 2011. I restored the playfield that included removing all the inserts, leveling them and re-gluing every one. Touched up everything and put automotive clear on it. Sanded, leveled, sanded, leveled many times; buffed for hours. It became an obsession. The cabinet was repainted and restored. I painted the inside of the bottom cab bright metallic gold to look like a treasure chest. Since then, I have bought three others just because they were available....really. I have an NOS playfield that I'm restoring even though my cleared original looks incredible. My Beast's Lair has a red flasher in it wired to the pop bumper. I bought an extra CPR plastic set that I don't need (original looks better btw). I bought a new backglass that I returned to Marco because it looked so bad. I also have a Lost World backglass hanging above my Paragon. I'm down to two Paragons now, but I still have the 2011 restored one and the other one is in my restoration queue. I'd like to do another cabinet with Pinball Pimp stencils since they are better than the Pinball Pal ones I originally used (there were no Pimp stencils in 2011).
I don't know how many clear coated Paragon playfields are out there being used, but the game plays incredibly well when flat (no insert issues), cleared and waxed. Very fast! And, it's gorgeous. And, that's why it sits next to my Fathom.
My only question is, why has it taken this long to recognize this phenomenal game?
I think when new playfields hit the market and more people get to play this game restored, more people with understand that it's awesome on so many levels.

How many games of the restored one in 2011 have you played?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-2?tu=toads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.