IMG_9094.jpg
IMG_9093.jpg
IMG_9092.jpg
IMG_9091.jpg
IMG_9062.jpg
IMG_9061.jpg
IMG_9060.jpg
IMG_9034.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimw917.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

I have a Paragon playfield that I purchased NOS POPULATED from CA Robinson probably about 30 years ago. Well, I foolishly dropped it into my Paragon 6 months after that, and played it for ~6 months unprotected. OK, ok, I know...fast forward 30 years. I picked the game up from my dad's garage where it had been safe from the worst of the elements-but the sun had its way with the paint job. Long story short, I finally got time this past summer and I shopped out the playfield (really, the old rubbers didn't look DIRTY, just shot from sitting for far too long...)

The inserts are indeed cupped just as everybody has said. Obviously I won't be playing it until the PF can be protected. Anyway, I just pulled the trigger and bought a PF overlay from bestofpinball.de - it worked out to $177 and change with shipping included. So now I will wait. Here's the PF as it sits now:
IMG_20140727_154245476_-_Copy_-_Copy[1].jpgIMG_20140727_154245476_-_Copy_-_Copy[1].jpg
Yes, I know I am going to have to strip everything off to put down the overlay. But I couldn't stand looking at the beautiful playfield with all the old ugly rotted rubbers on there.

BTW: Yes, I still have the original (semi-trashed) playfield. I also picked up 25 or so years ago a second Paragon for parts-paid a whopping 50 or 75 bucks-can't remember which-but the machine was complete-just goofed up from the worst rewiring hack job you have ever seen in your life. Pictures of that to come soon!

Just thought I'd chime in on this old thread only because of the talk of the makrolon overlay. I am quite anxious to see how it measures up-literally and figuratively.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimw917.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/para-gone-tear-down?tu=jimw917 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.