Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EmptyLogic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinbot_Cards.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

can anyone recommend a thickness/weight/brand/color for printing repro scorecards? A little wacky I know, but the paper I have at home is thin document paper and I'd prefer thicker paper for scorecards in the pinball machines.

#2 11 years ago

get card stock then

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

get card stock then

Was looking for a more specific recommendation.

#4 11 years ago

Heavy card stock (90 lb. or greater) smooth finish for standard cards or alternately 4" X 6" photo paper for graphical cards.

#6 11 years ago

Good recommendations. I have an SMB and am going to print on the stock recommended. My pinbot arrives this weekend and wanted to put these guys in them:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/zach/pinbot.pdf

so maybe photo paper for that.

#7 11 years ago

My pinbot arrives this weekend and wanted to put these guys in them:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/zach/pinbot.pdf

I have those exact cards on mine. They look great!

Pinbot_Cards.JPGPinbot_Cards.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Card stock seems to work and look the best in my opinion.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

Card stock seems to work and look the best in my opinion.

Oh no, I must disagree. Photo paper produces much deeper color, great gloss and is of a nice thickness.

Give it a try, print on both and judge for yourself.

#10 11 years ago

The best way I've found to do it was just go to staples or office max. I had a guy help me get the right size and showed me a bunch of options for paper. They print it out, and if you don't like it, you don't buy it. I got it right the first time (don't remember what paper) and it cost me .75 cents.

Easy solution if you don't want to buy a pack of paper...but then again, I'm just lazy.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

The best way I've found to do it was just go to staples or office max. I had a guy help me get the right size and showed me a bunch of options for paper. They print it out, and if you don't like it, you don't buy it. I got it right the first time (don't remember what paper) and it cost me .75 cents.

When you factor in how much ink and photo paper costs, this is probably a more logical way to go.

#12 11 years ago

I print them out on glossy photo paper and i think they look great.

#13 11 years ago

On mediocre (most) printers, photo paper would yield best results for that much color. If you have something better than that or go to a print shop, high-quality semi-gloss card stock will look most professional.

#14 11 years ago

Photo paper is what is recommended for glossy HD prints. I myself use white card stock that you can find in the stationary section of Pat Catans or Micheals for about 10 cents and print them out on an inkjet printer.

#15 11 years ago

Gweem, your pinbot is pimp! PIMPBOT! Now I want to go spend money on LEDs

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Gweem, your pinbot is pimp! PIMPBOT! Now I want to go spend money on LEDs ...

Thanks! The game was made for LEDs. They fit the sci-fi theme perfectly. There will be some ghosting, though, so make sure you use non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts. I recommend the ones Pinball Life sells. They are the perfect brightness for this game.

#17 11 years ago

Don't suppose you have a list of colors and bulb counts for the inserts?

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Don't suppose you have a list of colors and bulb counts for the inserts?

thats cheating

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paper-stock-used-for-score-cards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.