Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by alveolus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016233_7[1].jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TopJimmyCooks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago

From watching the Papa archive videos, Bowen is the strongest play-by-play man in pinball today, so Papa 16's stream suffered just a little bit by his being in the tournament so long (Congratulations by the way!). He knows every strategy on every game, knows the PAPA games' setups, and speaks clearly and concisely. For the times when he's not in the booth, hopefully many times going forward, they need to groom another player or two to take the lead and concentrate on noting both player strategy and highlighting examples of great skill, with a dash of pinball history as needed.

All of the various guys did well on color commentary and the frequency with which people came in and out was fine. Give them a couple of interns/volunteers to run and check the status of the other tournaments when needed and report back. There were a few digressions, but I find those interesting as well, and when you've got multiple hours of coverage, it's easy to get a little punchy. For non pro's the color call was to a high standard.

It appears that the playfield feed was a shot of the onsite vertical monitor -or maybe it was the streaming site limitations - I'm sure as time passes they'll have a way to sharpen that up some.

if you bring in more floor or game sound, give the producer a fader so he can bring it up when the commentators are pointing out/waiting for a clutch shot, and pull it out when there's a lot of booth talking to compete with it.

I'd guess this is the end of the individually custom commented round videos being archived. From now on will archived games carry the live commentary from the event day? You know what would be good to replace that? A one hour highlights video cutting in all the clutch moments and reviewing the progression through the finals, with Bowen plus color man/men voice over.

I watched a lot while shopping out a game on Saturday and Sunday. I am impressed with the quality of coverage that came out of a first event effort by non -tv producers. The live qualifying scoring and all was so nice and I think it should stay on the papa website instead of cutting away from the video to it.

I've never broadcast sports, but I've watched a hell of a lot of them, and this was a great product, both in terms of the event and the broadcast. Thank you all at PAPA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TopJimmyCooks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papatv-suggestion-thread?tu=TopJimmyCooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.