Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I really enjoyed the casual impromptu-ness of it. Fun.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

CC has lots of issues that really keep it from being a great game. Stampede having 250K jackpots on all 5 shots (wow, a 100K premium on the average of what those shots are normally worth, yay) with a moving 500K shot is just a ridiculously lame multiball and horrible reward for all of that work. Showdown is really great fun, but horribly abusive (Zach Sharpe had a pretty good Showdown in the PAPA finals if you want to see it). It needs to have a max on ballsaver/add-a-balls.

I've been working on addressing this stuff in CCC lately with suggestions from Keith Elwin. A new version of Stampede has a controlled lit jackpot that starts in the center and has a bonus added to it if you completed "Save Polly" modes before starting Stampede. If you move it off center, it's 2x and if you move it to the far side it's 4x (by shooting to the right or left of it). Have also had a "just one add a ball" option for Showdown all along as well.

The best (most interesting) rule in the game, by far, is the Motherlode rule which they talked about briefly but didn't take the glass off to show it better. Yeah, jackpots score 500K, and add 250K to the Motherlode, but every completion of the 5 jackpots adds one to the ML multiplier. That's why you saw the 2.5M Motherlode once (5x250K adds, completed shots increases x by 1 = 2.5M). If you completed 4 sets of jackpots, your ML would be 5x5M = 25M.

CCC also adds a bonus to the Motherlode based on your current rank now (250k per rank) too.

Quoted from SolarRide:

Another great thing about ML mb is that balls divert to the top rollovers rather than going all the way around, like they would in Stampede mb or if you completed all three inserts on the left orbit during single ball play. So if you have cashed a couple bounties (1M in end of ball bonus per bounty) for example, every top rollover completed is worth two million in end of ball bonus.

Wow. When I was trying to investigate how the bonus worked on CC as I rewrote it, I somehow failed to notice that bounties alone were a 1M bump to the bonus. CCC doesn't do that. I couldn't find any method to the madness of the CC bonus trying to reverse engineer it, so I just ended up adding a percentage of the points on certain shots to the bonus, so there's no whoppers like that.

#33 9 years ago

It's a very specific bounty award (+1M to bonus), not every bounty that you collect. I don't know if the bounty table is weighted or not (I would assume so), but it certainly doesn't come up every time.
    I'm surprised that end of ball bonus isn't just something like 1,230 per switch (100K base).

Ooooooh, I gotcha. From when I was trying to figure it out, certain events added bigger globs of points than others, but it did seem like just about everything added something. Since I couldn't nail down exactly what everything was adding to the bonus I just made up my own thing.

Edit: Just checked my CCC bounty setup - I have a 1 million prize, but it's just to points, not bonus.

4 weeks later
    #42 9 years ago

Maybe no live broadcast this week because they were traveling to Fraser Valley Flip Out in Canada.

http://www.flipperfreaks.com/FlipOut_2014.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papatv-live-tonight-7-pm-est?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.