Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Hello Pinside!

I just wanted to share with you that PAPATv will be live this evening starting at 7PM EST. They will be featuring Mustang among other games!

Hope to see you in the chat room!

#2 9 years ago

The link should be available on the PAPA homepage. If not, it should be accessible via www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

That's probably important to include.

#3 9 years ago

So this will be a tutorial of Mustang? Or is this a club event of some kind?

#4 9 years ago

To my understanding, it's just some gameplay and discussion of the game. I'm sure they'll throw in some tutorial-ish information. =]

#5 9 years ago

Must-See Must-ang TV!

#6 9 years ago

It's showtime folks!

#7 9 years ago

What did you all think of the broadcast?! I thought it was awesome! What kind of things would you want to see in the future? Personally, I wouldn't mind a little bit of tech tips.

#8 9 years ago

I really enjoyed the casual impromptu-ness of it. Fun.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I really enjoyed the casual impromptu-ness of it. Fun.

Agreed. As the co-host said, it doesn't need to be polished to be enjoyable. Here's to lots more of these types of broadcasts!

#10 9 years ago

For sure. It's nice to see everyone in a relaxed state while they're there.

#11 9 years ago

I thought it was great. Hopefully they will be able to put out more content by taking this approach. You can't beat Bowen's tutorials but this is better than watching a game play video with no commentary. I haven't seen Cyrss Stephens much before - he's pretty amazing for an on-the-fly type player.

It would be good to get to know more of the top players and hear their opinions and strategies about playing various games when they are not just going for points in a tournament.

#12 9 years ago

So I didn't get to see this live, is it posted anywhere else?

#13 9 years ago

It was great, It was like a podcast,. I don't know what the capabilities are with the audio but it would be nice if they could eliminate the whole middle man question translator with the player, I enjoyed watching the gameplay and when they would take a question about the rules and verify it with the glass off.

The broadcast booth looks kinda dark, especially with all the commentators wearing black. Maybe they could put some cabinet sideart and playfields and stuff up on the wall behind them.

They asked for some show ideas, here's some I thought of.

It would be cool to go through a few pins across era's of a specific manufacturer, like EM, Early SS, Alpha and DMD
    Tech stuff, as mentioned above. Playfield maintenance, adjustments etc.
    I would like to see the pro players on machines that would never be used in a tournament
    Pinball Trivia

Some names I thought of for show

Who's yo' PAPA?
    PAPA Live!
    PAPA PinCast
    PAPACast Live!

Can't wait until the next one, is it weekly?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

it is on the past broadcasts part of their twitchtv page.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

It's exporting now and should appear on PAPA.org within a day or so.

Like anything, it will improve with time. Keep the suggestions coming.

#17 9 years ago

Might as well put this out here since people are talking about this cool gameplay session...

CC has lots of issues that really keep it from being a great game. Stampede having 250K jackpots on all 5 shots (wow, a 100K premium on the average of what those shots are normally worth, yay) with a moving 500K shot is just a ridiculously lame multiball and horrible reward for all of that work. Showdown is really great fun, but horribly abusive (Zach Sharpe had a pretty good Showdown in the PAPA finals if you want to see it). It needs to have a max on ballsaver/add-a-balls.

The best (most interesting) rule in the game, by far, is the Motherlode rule which they talked about briefly but didn't take the glass off to show it better. Yeah, jackpots score 500K, and add 250K to the Motherlode, but every completion of the 5 jackpots adds one to the ML multiplier. That's why you saw the 2.5M Motherlode once (5x250K adds, completed shots increases x by 1 = 2.5M). If you completed 4 sets of jackpots, your ML would be 5x5M = 25M.

When I would play it at Williams, my strategy would be to hit one jackpot, then ML ASAP (to collect the light towards High Noon), then just play out the multiball building the ML as high up as I could. I'm not aware of a multiplier limit, but don't know for sure. More often than not it would get collected accidentally.

#18 9 years ago

So I'm having trouble getting the channel to load, anyone else?

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

So I'm having trouble getting the channel to load, anyone else?

Via twitch???

#20 9 years ago

Twitch is not loading for me at all. I can't even get to the channels. I blame Amazon.

#21 9 years ago

The broadcast was yesterday. You should be able to see it in their twitch archives though.

#23 9 years ago

Twitch has suffered a DDOS attack today and is down. Use http://isup.me to find out if it's just you, or if things really are broke.

#24 9 years ago

Another great thing about ML mb is that balls divert to the top rollovers rather than going all the way around, like they would in Stampede mb or if you completed all three inserts on the left orbit during single ball play. So if you have cashed a couple bounties (1M in end of ball bonus per bounty) for example, every top rollover completed is worth two million in end of ball bonus. If you play ML exclusively for multipliers and then just go after bounties on the random award, it can get huge. For example even a 12x multiplier is 12M per bounty. Also lighting the random award involves having to knock the drop targets down which gives you showdown mbs along the way. More of strategy for home or location play than tournament play of course, since you have to hit the side stand-ups to light the return lanes that bring a drop target up for a hurry-up shot towards showdown and a lit random award at Bart Bros.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Might as well put this out here since people are talking about this cool gameplay
    The best (most interesting) rule in the game, by far, is the Motherlode rule which they talked about briefly but didn't take the glass off to show it better. Yeah, jackpots score 500K, and add 250K to the Motherlode, but every completion of the 5 jackpots adds one to the ML multiplier. That's why you saw the 2.5M Motherlode once (5x250K adds, completed shots increases x by 1 = 2.5M). If you completed 4 sets of jackpots, your ML would be 5x5M = 25M.
    When I would play it at Williams, my strategy would be to hit one jackpot, then ML ASAP (to collect the light towards High Noon), then just play out the multiball building the ML as high up as I could. I'm not aware of a multiplier limit, but don't know for sure. More often than not it would get collected accidentally.

#25 9 years ago

CC has lots of issues that really keep it from being a great game. Stampede having 250K jackpots on all 5 shots (wow, a 100K premium on the average of what those shots are normally worth, yay) with a moving 500K shot is just a ridiculously lame multiball and horrible reward for all of that work. Showdown is really great fun, but horribly abusive (Zach Sharpe had a pretty good Showdown in the PAPA finals if you want to see it). It needs to have a max on ballsaver/add-a-balls.

I've been working on addressing this stuff in CCC lately with suggestions from Keith Elwin. A new version of Stampede has a controlled lit jackpot that starts in the center and has a bonus added to it if you completed "Save Polly" modes before starting Stampede. If you move it off center, it's 2x and if you move it to the far side it's 4x (by shooting to the right or left of it). Have also had a "just one add a ball" option for Showdown all along as well.

CCC also adds a bonus to the Motherlode based on your current rank now (250k per rank) too.

Quoted from SolarRide:

Another great thing about ML mb is that balls divert to the top rollovers rather than going all the way around, like they would in Stampede mb or if you completed all three inserts on the left orbit during single ball play. So if you have cashed a couple bounties (1M in end of ball bonus per bounty) for example, every top rollover completed is worth two million in end of ball bonus.

Wow. When I was trying to investigate how the bonus worked on CC as I rewrote it, I somehow failed to notice that bounties alone were a 1M bump to the bonus. CCC doesn't do that. I couldn't find any method to the madness of the CC bonus trying to reverse engineer it, so I just ended up adding a percentage of the points on certain shots to the bonus, so there's no whoppers like that.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

What did you all think of the broadcast?! I thought it was awesome! What kind of things would you want to see in the future? Personally, I wouldn't mind a little bit of tech tips.

Get a little bit closer camera angle of people talking .

#27 9 years ago

I really enjoyed it, and will tune in to (or watch after the fact) any broadcast you do. No doubt they'll get better and better. Here are a few requests:

* Please post an entry on the PAPA blog to announce all broadcasts, in addition to Facebook and Twitter. Some people are more comfortable with RSS updates than this newfangled social media stuff. I probably wouldn't have found the broadcast live if not for this Pinside post.

* When you ask the audience what they want to see played, list the game choices. On this broadcast, I think we eventually got a partial list. You also mentioned that future upgrades might include some online voting to determine what's played. This sounds like a great idea. I'm also OK with the idea that the PAPA staff always or mostly picks the games based on what's new and/or available and/or what hasn't been done before.

* As mentioned, a mic and headset for the active player would be cool. Unless the player is Bowen, they might need to practice playing under these conditions ahead of time.

* Turn up the game volume or add a mic for the game speakers.

#28 9 years ago

I enjoyed watching the broadcast and the commentary. The question answer and discussion between chat room and broadcast booth is a good feature and makes it informative and fun to watch and listen to. I appreciate them taking the time to do these things for the hobby. I am sure everyone is very busy but please keep it up.

#29 9 years ago

I really enjoyed Mustang - thank you!

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I really enjoyed it, and will tune in to (or watch after the fact) any broadcast you do. No doubt they'll get better and better. Here are a few requests:
    * Please post an entry on the PAPA blog to announce all broadcasts, in addition to Facebook and Twitter. Some people are more comfortable with RSS updates than this newfangled social media stuff. I probably wouldn't have found the broadcast live if not for this Pinside post.

These are all great suggestions! To address this one however, I think it's difficult to set a complete schedule. Those who are involved with putting on these productions have schedules of their own to deal with, and there will inevitably be a point where everyone needed for the broadcasts won't have schedules that coincide with others.

#31 9 years ago

To clarify, I'm not expecting a complete schedule to be posted. I just want them to add a blog post at the same time they update Twitter and Facebook, whenever that is. In this case, there was no blog post ahead of time. The blog is where I generally get updates (via RSS).

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

When I was trying to investigate how the bonus worked on CC as I rewrote it, I somehow failed to notice that bounties alone were a 1M bump to the bonus.

It's a very specific bounty award (+1M to bonus), not every bounty that you collect. I don't know if the bounty table is weighted or not (I would assume so), but it certainly doesn't come up every time.

I'm surprised that end of ball bonus isn't just something like 1,230 per switch (100K base).

#33 9 years ago

It's a very specific bounty award (+1M to bonus), not every bounty that you collect. I don't know if the bounty table is weighted or not (I would assume so), but it certainly doesn't come up every time.
    I'm surprised that end of ball bonus isn't just something like 1,230 per switch (100K base).

Ooooooh, I gotcha. From when I was trying to figure it out, certain events added bigger globs of points than others, but it did seem like just about everything added something. Since I couldn't nail down exactly what everything was adding to the bonus I just made up my own thing.

Edit: Just checked my CCC bounty setup - I have a 1 million prize, but it's just to points, not bonus.

1 week later
    #34 9 years ago

From the PAPA Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/papaorg (Follow if you aren't already)

"Broadcast #3 Wednesday [9/10/2014] 7:00[EST] http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball
    We will focus on Star Trek (updated code), Demo Man, Firepower, and wait for it.... Vegas.
    Also Mark will answer some questions about the PAPA qualifying format, and we will talk a bit about The Walking Dead.
    Hope to see you there. And remember, bring your questions to ask because we will be watching the chat!"

#35 9 years ago

These are way cool. Really appreciate them doing this for us pinheads. Thanks PAPA crew..

#36 9 years ago

Finally got this to work on xbox360 with the twitch app. Nice to watch on a big screen for a change.
    Still broadcasting and Stern ST play still to come...and Vegas....

#37 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Great stuff!

2 weeks later
    #39 9 years ago

I know I'm a little late, but I went to watch the re-run of this weeks PAPA LIVE! and it was not there. I miss you guys. I hope to see you guys again next week?

As a suggestion, You should do a month long tribute to spooky/horror pins for Halloween, maybe save spooky pinball/TWD for the finale.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I know I'm a little late, but I went to watch the re-run of this weeks PAPA LIVE! and it was not there. I miss you guys. I hope to see you guys again next week?
    As a suggestion, You should do a month long tribute to Spooky/horror pins for Halloween, maybe save Spooky pinball/TWD for the finale.

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/profile/past_broadcasts

#41 9 years ago

Tuesday was 9/23. Either there was no broadcast or twitch didn't save it. If they were live on Tuesday and I missed it then please accept my apologizes.

#42 9 years ago

Maybe no live broadcast this week because they were traveling to Fraser Valley Flip Out in Canada.

http://www.flipperfreaks.com/FlipOut_2014.html

#43 9 years ago

Have they released a broadcast schedule for that one?

#44 9 years ago

Thanks Epthegeek, I'll have to keep an eye out for the event's broadcast this weekend.

#45 9 years ago

There is no broadcast coverage for Frasier Valley.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There is no broadcast coverage for Frasier Valley.

Bummer

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

As a suggestion, You should do a month long tribute to Spooky/horror pins for Halloween, maybe save Spooky pinball/TWD for the finale.

We did a gameplay video of America's Most Haunted that we aired on Wednesday!

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

» YouTube video

THAT was awesome! Really have a feel for the game now that I didn't get from the other videos.
    Excellent work, thanks!

Will you guys be back for a Wednesday PAPA Live next week?
    Any hint on the games?

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

» YouTube video

Thanks!

2 months later
    #50 9 years ago

Wednesday night PAPATV Live Broadcasts gone kinda dormant for awhile? Looking forward to restart of them. Hope everyone is doing O.K.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papatv-live-tonight-7-pm-est and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.