8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by soren
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you attending PAPA XIV?”

• Yes - To compete 3 votes
      14%
    • Yes - Just to play and see, oh 500 pins in one place. 0 votes
    • Maybe? 1 vote
      5%
    • No 18 votes
      82%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

You hopefully know what I'm talking about. It will be EPIC!!! Don't miss the largest pinball tournament on the planet. (Unless you know of a bigger one, please let me know.)

This is the world championships people!!!

www.papa.org

(And I just like this video from March's Pinburgh tourney, also at PAPA HQ.)

Bayless

#2 8 years ago

You need one more vote option:NO, and it sucks to have a summer job where you work 12 hours a day 7 days a week!!!

Let's hear it for more WINTER pinball expos!!!!!!!!!! lol

#3 8 years ago

I'll be there to compete, can't wait, nothing like it!

-Nick

#4 8 years ago

I had every intention of going but some health issues forced me to skip it. Really, it's just allowed me more time to prepare for next year though.

#5 8 years ago

Sorry to hear that Jay, Pinburgh in March is also a blast! Get well and let's play!

#6 8 years ago

I hope to see 20-30 new tutorials posted in the next week. Bowen is the man.

#7 8 years ago

Afraid I can't make it, but I will be attending the UK pinball party this weekend, yeeeehaa!!!!

I have been practicing nearly everyday recently my Shadow has been taking a beating, fingers crossed I don't blow out in the first round.

Good luck to the PAPA XIV pinheads.

#8 8 years ago

I'm not going, but I've got a friend attending and competing.

#9 8 years ago

I'll be there - Bayless see you there - I need to go practice tonite and tomorrow. Was in A division at pinburgh but I think I will go back down to give myself an actual chance - all divisions are very tough and competitive - C division last year was putting up higher scores on WCS then A division - should be great time, be there friday till monday

#10 8 years ago

No - will be in Daventry at the UK Pinball Party - can't wait. Hopefully will get to play a few machines I haven't seen for a while and meet some good folk who like a beer or two. Should be fun!

#11 8 years ago

No - Off to Daventry for the UK Pinball Party too. Should be over 100 machines to play there, and three days of pinball, beer, fun and more pinball. This is our version of PAPA. See all you UK pinheads there!

#12 8 years ago

This years pin selection.

A Division:
    Batman (DE?, BDK?), Guns & Roses, Medieval Madness, TRON: Legacy, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Whitewater, Lord of the Rings, World Cup Soccer, TX-Sector, Pirates of the Caribbean

B Division:
    Creature from the Black Lagoon, Family Guy, Avatar, F-14 Tomcat, Monster Bash, The Who's Tommy, Future Spa, World Cup Soccer, Terminator 3

C Division:
    The Addams Family, Rolling Stones, Twilight Zone, Wheel of Fortune, Iron Man, CSI, The Simpsons Pinball Party, Terminator 2, World Cup Soccer

Discuss...

#13 8 years ago

I see WCS is all the way around. Is WCS really that great a tournament game? I've only ever played it two or three times. BDK looks awful and according to Bowen's tut you can score a bajillion points if you can hit one shot over and over. Maybe they set it up so that strategy won't work?

#14 8 years ago

WCS is an awesome tourney-game that seems to be a holy grail for PAPA.

BDK, if it is that Batman game, is perhaps taken in to make players risk going for the repeated right loop strategy.

#15 8 years ago

Love to be there!

#16 8 years ago

Seems like C division has the hardest lineup this year. But its all relative to your competition in your division I suppose.

#17 8 years ago

I wish I could go to see the machines. I would have no chance at competing, going to keep practicing though.

#18 8 years ago

Any clue on the special "Four-Armed Challenge" playing format. Funny.

http://www.papa.org/papa14/live/mt.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.00
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside