(Topic ID: 105145)

POLL: PAPA Women's Division?

By EvanBingham

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should PAPA add a women's division?”

• Yes 74 votes
      52%
    • No 67 votes
      48%

(141 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NO_MAAM_meeting.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I have some experience with this: I (a male) run pinball tournaments in tandem with a female friend. The original idea for the events was hers and I hopped on board with my knowledge of tournament running and technical-ness.

She perceived a need for a women's league in Milwaukee, and it has been running for a few months now. I have attended a couple times to help run the scorekeeping, and have helped with a little bit of promotion. I think its pretty cool. It has a different dynamic than the co-ed tournaments or predominantly male tournaments I've been to.

But let's be honest about this: the men (including myself) posting on this thread are unqualified to speak authoritatively on this subject, and from the looks of it I don't think any women have yet. I'm hoping that pinball women can chime in on this thread. I have always appreciated listening to and pondering my co-director's opinions on the value of a women's pinball community, but I can't articulate it anywhere near as well as she can.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpolfer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-womens-division?tu=jpolfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.