6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Shoot_Again
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Yeah, I played yesterday afternoon in Ohio, on the machine that was supposedly the higher-end one (or further along one) - whichever machine was on the left. The crystal ball was working, but you have to be right up on the machine to be able to see it working.

#52 6 years ago

It really does give me new hope for the future of pinball. I don't even care about the LCD, this thing is just made the way pinball should be. I think JJP will set a new standard and I can't wait to see what games will be made down the road.

#53 6 years ago

I'm reserving judgement on this one. It looks amazing, I'm down with the LCD because I can see the benefit to it, and I'm cool with the theme. When it's finished I'll play it about 100 times and form my own opinions.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I have'nt played any games with a mini playfield so take my opinion for what its worth, but i think your really limited by the size of them.

Try WH2O for a perfect example of a mini playfield.

The ball comes down a 1st ramp to feed the flipper.

You take your shot to blast the ball into 2 possible ramp exits.

Or you miss your shot and the ball leaves the mini playfield, just out of reach of your flipper, down a 4rd ramp.

Skill, timing, and skill.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I played the one in New York City at Two Bits Acade yesterday. It was with the latest code updated yesterday morning. I thought it was amazing! It was well pass and a blast. In my opinion this thing is going to be crazy good. Don't judge it from what others are saying until you play it. I went there expecting a slow plodding mess and left wanting to buy one. I don't know what is up with the one in Ohio. The crystal ball worked on this one fine. And when you really look at how it is built you start to understand the crazy possibilities of what they are going to do with the rules.
Jack turned me from a doubter into a fan. If he had been outside the place with a credit card reader I would have already paid for one. It was that good.

Tough to argue with that.
Cool to hear it's coming around.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Or you miss your shot and the ball leaves the mini playfield, just out of reach of your flipper, down a 4rd ramp.

I see, like i said i have never played a game with a mini playfield. Thanks for the input.

#57 6 years ago

Until the rules for the mini playfields are fully implemented, I don't think it's fair to judge how satisfying they will be to play, same goes for the entire game. I'm generally not a huge fan of them, but WOZ appears to have 2 that are entirely different in objective and style, so it should be very interesting to see how they meld with the game play.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Until the rules for the mini playfields are fully implemented, I don't think it's fair to judge how satisfying they will be to play, same goes for the entire game. I'm generally not a huge fan of them, but WOZ appears to have 2 that are entirely different in objective and style, so it should be very interesting to see how they meld with the game play.

Indeed. I could see a miniplayfield (especially the right one) getting old fast, unless i.e. you need it to score a jackpot during some multiball (shoot the ramp and shoot the loop for jackpot).

The saucer on the left playfield could hold the ball while a second ball gets into play, shoot another 'ball-holding-unit' for a 3 ball multiball with double jackpot (somehow to be earned on the miniplayfield) within 10 seconds, or if you don't make the required shot in time (or drain the ball), the ball in the saucer is released for a 2 ball multiball with single jackpots (or back to regular play, if you loose the ball before the timer ends). Rules like that could make a mini-playfield worthwile.

#59 6 years ago

WH2O and TSPP both have great mini playfields. Neither is all too complicated, but both have a good challenge aspect to them.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Shooting the scoop on Monster Bash is average at best.

I dunno, shooting it that 44th time has got to be pretty satisfying. If anyone's actually ever done that with the glass on that is

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

I dunno, shooting it that 44th time has got to be pretty satisfying. If anyone's actually ever done that with the glass on that is

It's pretty cool. But then some guy just keeps yelling at you until you drain.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wrong! The perfect mini playfield is owned by Data East Royal Rumble... Hands down!!!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Wrong! The perfect mini playfield is owned by Data East Royal Rumble... Hands down!!!

I think Stewie would disagree. So would I. Best mini playfield/ playfield toy ever. Not even close.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I think Stewie would disagree. So would I. Best mini playfield/ playfield toy ever. Not even close.

I concur.

-Joe

#65 6 years ago

Is there extra flipper buttons on this game. Watched video and did not catch this the first time but it happens more than once in this video. Watch around 5:32. both balls are trapped in the bottom right flipper. 3rd ball floats to upper right flipper then right flipper released and rehit and not fast either. The bottom left flipper or balls in cradle of it do not even twitch. ?? hmmm

#66 6 years ago

No, but I believe they're using dual leaf switches (like Stern does), so when adjusted it's possible to control upper flippers separately from bottom.

#67 6 years ago

It's called "staging" your flips and it's possible on pretty much all games with upper and lower flippers from current day back through the 80s. Your mileage may vary depending on machine setup.

When I got my Tron, it was wired backwards. Upper flipper flipped first, then the lower. Wah wahh..

#68 6 years ago

Thought it was maybe that. This player is very well versed on this machine then cause he had to hold it in halfway while making another shot. It was not as quick and subtle as when you usually pull that move off. Just curious. Thank you for quick responses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
South Burlington, VT
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside