Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NOB
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Thanks to all of you guys coming in from the PAPA homepage for rating videos and giving valuable feedback on wrong machine taggings and player info that has been missing.

All of your feedback has been integrated into the current version of the video search.

As an aside: If you're adding player names, it would be great if you could give me those names as spelled on the IFPA website to avoid duplicates or wrong taggings when there's multiple players with very similar names. I'm planning on providing some IFPA statistics with the videos, and for that the player names would have to match up with their official IFPA names. Just telling me the names as you know them is fine, too, I'll still do my research to get them right, but giving me the official names in the first place would speed things up a bit.

So, thanks again, and keep the feedback coming.

#52 9 years ago

Update: Added IFPA statistics for all 2 player matches, for instance this video will give you a link to this statistics page.

#53 9 years ago

This is so awesome, NOB, thanks for doing this. This will be an important part of my preparation for tournaments. I'm off to the IFPA Worlds in Sweden and there is a 20 year gap in my pinball playing, 1993-2013, and I have 80 machines to learn. Thanks so much!

#54 9 years ago

Update: Added IFPA player statistics for all matches, regardless of player count (direct encounter results will be shown only for 2 player matches, though).

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from onetaste:

This is so awesome, NOB, thanks for doing this. This will be an important part of my preparation for tournaments. I'm off to the IFPA Worlds in Sweden and there is a 20 year gap in my pinball playing, 1993-2013, and I have 80 machines to learn. Thanks so much!

Very nice to hear this is a useful resource to you. I wish you all the best for the IFPA Worlds, and if you get a slight advantage out of using my video search, all the better.

#56 9 years ago

Papa videos just got even better. Thanks for making it a breeze to find everything, NOB.

Really appreciate it.

#57 9 years ago

NOB, thanks for your work on this. I find the site extremely useful and reference it a lot!

#58 9 years ago

Thanks for using it, cool that you like it.

Update: Added the last 5 episodes of papatv live, which have been made available yesterday.

Some nice machines right there, some of which haven't been shown off in any PAPA videos yet:

Also, there's a great highlights video for the Louisville Arcade Expo 2015 in the PAPA Youtube channel:

It's not a good fit for the video search, so I'm going to hold off on that until the whole broadcast hits Youtube, but it's a highly recommended watch.

Some other exciting news: Up until now, the video search was running on a subdomain of some other pinball project of mine, but with all of your positive feedback I decided it was time to give it its own domain: pinballvideos.com.

Not a big change, all the links and bookmarks from before should still be working, but this switch might help getting the word out.

#59 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this. This is a really useful resource!

I noticed the INDISC 2015 tournament isn't on yet. You might not have the link since it wasn't on the PAPA channel. The finals are located here:

and Saturday night qualifying is here:

Thanks again!

#60 9 years ago

Thanks very much for pointing out those INDISC broadcasts to me. This is some high quality content right there, and I'll definitely include it. Out of interest, last year, INDISC was still on the PAPA channel, has there been some switch to cast future events independently?

Those are some pretty long videos, too, so it will take some time, but they should be up by monday. I'll let you guys know.

This is pretty good timing, too: Initially, I only planned this as an easy access point to all PAPA videos, but with my recent switch to pinballvideos.com, I've decided to include interesting videos from any source, so all suggestions are welcome. There's going to be a separate post for that, but in the meantime, if you've got any links to nice videos outside of the PAPA channel, do tell, I'm happy to include some more awesome content.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from NOB:

Out of interest, last year, INDISC was still on the PAPA channel, has there been some switch to cast future events independently?

All I know is PAPA TV made it out to INDISC last year but they couldn't make it this year. So Karl DeAngelo stepped up and organized the broadcast. That is his Youtube channel. I don't know about future broadcasts but I'm pretty sure PAPA mentioned about the INDISC broadcast on their blog.

#62 9 years ago

This is a great idea.

I will try to help you out. Here are some cool links. Mostly reviews of machines but also some tournament videos.

You should find a lot of great videos from Keith Elwin on the following link. Including some pinball instruction stuff but also some tournament videos further down the page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pinball101

Here is a great IFPA 11 video with Spider-man, Frontier, Pinbot, Wizard, Out of Sight, Congo, Avatar, Paragon:

Tnt amusements did a series of "understanding pinball" a long time ago, those are now available on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZs_xdJGkcow7JZm-zeMrO7x71cnfMFWb

Here you have a review of Demolition Man and Judge Dredd from a German Guy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE260D613E81E6CE8

Here is some reviews of pinball machines from Johns Arcade:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF6Omn2cXb7aGMcEeArYUs6Wz20bnV4S4

It looks like you are also missing those Classic game room reviews that PAPA also have links to:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCASnV2tqn8P0Kxt2z4PYmmQ

Then you have the Chris Bucci stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL578D4DB4E1491698

That should help you going

#63 9 years ago

Thanks, sfbrian and karl, much appreciated.

Update:

The next thing I'm going to add will be IFPA 11, and then I'll work my way through your suggestions as they come along – please keep me updated on any non-PAPA-videos I might have missed, so this resource can be as useful as possible for both researching purposes and just the the general enjoyment of watching great games.

This recent extension to all video sources is pretty exciting for me, because there's so much good stuff out there. While playing around with the YouTube API to get channel identification to work, the first non-PAPA-videos I included were some tutorial videos a friend of mine from the Austrian community produced: http://pinballvideos.com/?p=Benjamin%20Ruso. I might be biased, but I think that's pretty cool stuff.

Small website update:

• Now marking videos added in the last 30 days as "new", so returning users not following this thread know what's up.
    #64 9 years ago

Just watched the Back To The Future tutorial video.

Splendid stuff and probably the best tutorial video out there (along with the papa videos, of course)

#65 9 years ago

Just to let you guys know, with the recent switch to pinballvideos.com and lots of non-PAPA videos being included, this thread isn't a really good fit any more, so as of now I'll be doing my updates in the official pinballvideos.com thread only: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballvideoscom

If you've subscribed to this thread and want to keep informed on new videos, please switch over to the the other thread. There will be no further updates here.

Okay, one last update:

Added IPFA 11 World Pinball Championship and a bunch of tutorials from pinball101. Check it out here.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-video-search-i-need-your-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.