(Topic ID: 104681)

Papa TV Live Episode 5- come check it out!

By DiscoDungeon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bkerins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Papa TV Live! Episode 5 will feature three games with an in depth review and discussion on World Poker Tour. Start time is Wednesday 6pm eastern so we can watch some of the baseball game afterwards!
http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

#2 9 years ago

Awesome!! Thanks to all the volunteers at PAPA that make this happen. Very entertaining and informative. I will definitely be watching.

#3 9 years ago

PAPA is great. Unfortunately I missed it, and now have to wait for the past broadcast section to get the upload

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from funtimewithdave:

PAPA is great. Unfortunately I missed it, and now have to wait for the past broadcast section to get the upload

Um, today is Wednesday, right?

#5 9 years ago

HA! one of my friends posted on facebook last night "Live now" He must have wanted to say "Live in 23 hours and 55 minutes" Thanks for the "heads up" AOBrien. Get it? Heads up? Cause of the Poker pin being spotlighted tonight?

#6 9 years ago

Finally I'll be able to tune into one of these live. My MLB team didnt make the playoffs, so I'll root for the Pirates for PAPA.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from funtimewithdave:

HA! one of my friends posted on facebook last night "Live now" He must have wanted to say "Live in 23 hours and 55 minutes" Thanks for the "heads up" AOBrien. Get it? Heads up? Cause of the Poker pin being spotlighted tonight?

That was me. I was bummed when I got home last night and couldn't find the recording on twitch, Then I was happy again because I realized it wasn't Wednesday. Can't wait to tune in!

I'll update the FB post

Will we see more AMH?

#8 9 years ago

We wont have AMH on tonight. It was loaned to us for unboxing and for the initial filming, but now is out in the wild on route. Looking forward to tonight- we have alot of cool info on WPT to go over.

#9 9 years ago

boy did Twitch butcher those recordings. Hopefully you'll have a proper video up on your site soon.

#10 9 years ago

Yea, they had some challenges last night. Always happens when you got somewhere you need to be. I like that they have been including an EM most episodes. Still a great show, hopefully they can use a local recording and upload to youtube so we can see what we missed. Mine cut out during Angela's interview.

I asked the question about the woman's division and I had stated in the chat that I thought my wife would me more comfortable getting into competitive play if a woman's division existed. After the show, I was talking to her about it, boy was I WRONG.

She said that pinball was something anyone could do if they were dedicated to it and she (as a casual player) would rather play against the guys, similar to Angela's position on the subject. She also said that once you get more than a few women together you get drama lol. That's what I get for trying to predict what she would think, even after 20 years she still surprises me.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for putting it together! I hope that there's a good recording so I can revisit it.

My unsolicited view on a Women's division: I don't think pinball offers an advantage to one gender over the other - I see no reason why women shouldn't compete in the same division as men.

#12 9 years ago

My initial thought was that a women's division would not be as much for current female players, but for women new to competitive pinball as learning competitive pinball would be intimidating enough much less being surrounded by a bunch of guys "in polo shirts and cargo shorts". But since speaking with my wife on the subject, I've had my opinion changed..err I mean I changed my opinion.

BTW, when talking about this, everyone thinks that this is about excluding women from the other divisions, it's not. It's about a separate division similar to Juniors and Seniors divisions. Everyone can still participate in the A,B and C divisions.

Anyway, As a dude, it's not up to me anyway, I just thought it was an interesting point of conversation and don't have a preference either was as long as more people get to play pinball.

#13 9 years ago

Did the live feed have more WPT? The recording cuts off pretty much as soon as he plunges the first ball.

#14 9 years ago

There were some network issues so twitch only has what was streamed, there may be multiple 'chunks', twitch will create another file if the stream restarts.

They may have made a local recording and if they did, that should be complete, won't know until they upload to youtube.

#15 9 years ago

~HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY~

#16 9 years ago

Looks like the video finally made youtube since twitch ate it up:

You guys are killing me though... Setting the game on extra hard for a gameplay video? It was rough to watch for me since everything was so ridiculously far away to achieve and the game really had no chance to shine, but always a fun broadcast to watch nonetheless!

#17 9 years ago

This is the video link to the October 1 broadcast:

#18 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

#19 9 years ago

Thanks!!!!

#20 9 years ago

Keefer: any chance your notes provided to PAPA are or could be widely available?

#21 9 years ago

How the hell did I mess up that link? Thanks Bowen. As for the notes it's possible I guess. Jon mentioned everything I wrote though.

#22 9 years ago

holy crap, what strategy is used to score 2bil on WPT?? GC on that game was 1.8 or so and there were a couple other close to that.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

holy crap, what strategy is used to score 2bil on WPT?? GC on that game was 1.8 or so and there were a couple other close to that.

Replogole said during the video that the game he ALMOST got to the wizard mode took about an hour... so keep 1 game going for an hour. Best strategy to get to 1.8 billion haha.

On a side note, I heard Mark mention during the women's division talk, "The audience wanted a D division, so guess what? They are getting a D division"

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There was even more strategy talk about WPT in the chat. Seems like a pretty deep game.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

This example likely had a flakey opto at one point and gave massive scores (WoF is known to do that from time to time as well)....

#26 9 years ago

Thanks Bowen for posting the video link. Good stuff.

#27 9 years ago

on a game where the default GC is ~75m, I'm still surprised to see 2b games, unless it was an opto thing. Makes me curious how "accurate" the default GCs are on games. Obviously they're meant to be beaten, but by how much?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ramp opto / software issue gave the player like 100 poker hands at once.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-live-episode-5-come-check-it-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.