Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    PAPA_tokens.png
    tournay.png
    backed.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago
    #20 11 years ago

About the same price as a concert T. I'm curious to see what that looks like.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Donated $50

Who's with me!

#35 11 years ago

I'd pay a monthly subscription for premium regular content.... But I think that's a bad idea. The best way to promote pinball is to keep the access as free as possible. That's why the kickstarter is a good idea. People who want to can contribute, but it keeps the the access open and free which is how it should be.

#38 11 years ago

Plus it's a credit card. I can understand not wanting to carry a balance but for $25 or $50 or whatever it's probably okay

Quoted from chocky909:

The money doesn't get taken until the Kickstarter is completed so you can pledge now and not worry.

#42 11 years ago

And it's funded...

#78 11 years ago

I'm curious to see what the $35K goal is. I think they'll hit it.

#90 11 years ago

I dunno. That's a lot of thousands of dollars that can go toward promoting pinball just for people to skip a few ads....

Quoted from frolic:

Bowen, I'd check with Chase about how long people were actually watching for. When I watched, there was an average of 200-300 viewers at any time. Lets says 300 viewer average over 8 hours of broadcast, that is 2400 viewer hours for the day. That number is just a jumping off point.

I'd also suggest you call Ustream and talk to them, get them to put a package specific to your needs together. I've dealt with them, I'd be surprised if they aren't accommodating.

The Pro package gives 9000 viewer hours a month, they also give a 50% discount for the year... so that is $6000 for 9000 viewer hours a month. Say you double that, for $12k you buy 18,000 hours a month. I'd also think that you can negotiate something with Ustream. I'd call them. Maybe there is even some sponsorship available from them, ie: you buy their pro package, they give you some extra hours, you in term promote that ustream is your broadcaster. the main point is to get away from the ads.

Call them and see what comes up.

All the best.

#105 11 years ago

Your new stretch goal #2 is a lot better than the first one as someone who will never make it to PAPA and contributed. The tilt came is particularly creative and interesting.

Quoted from bkerins:

The goal is for every piece of content we do to be available offline. In the short term (within a week) Ustream and Twitch provide replays of content. In the long term we produce videos available for download or streamed play.

It'll be faster than it used to be, when you used to have to wait up to a year to see footage from a tournament!

#108 11 years ago

The spirit of the Kickstarter was to bring and promote pinball to as may people as possible. Using money from people for a place in which a very large percentage will never visit goes against what they are trying to do I think. If it was a Kickstarter to improve the PAPA facility, I probably wouldn't have donated.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that big a deal, certainly not enough to say anything. But, to say that you go there so it's okay is kinda a me first attitude, no?

Quoted from bobbyconover:

As someone who has been to PAPA a few times and will continue to go, I was really looking forward to the additional screens. I hope they're included again, maybe as one of the later stretch goals?

#115 11 years ago

Funny.

Quoted from eabundy:

Maybe another level would be to bribe local officials to change the zoning on the facility.

Out of all the things we have to worry about in this country, a bunch of people playing pinball shouldn't be one of them.

Quoted from frolic:

I believe this has been addressed before, their zoning wouldn't allow them to be an arcade, even if they wanted to.

#120 11 years ago

You could always do the interview video over skype and broadcast that?

Quoted from mhs:

As long as you are in America or Canada, you are within reach of this project.

#122 11 years ago

Hard to say, and I think you're right. The rate at which levels are achieved will start slowing down. IIRC, the next goal was only a few thousand more so they should hit that.

Quoted from yancy:

$32,500 stretch goal #2 achieved! Pretty darn good for two days. Anyone think they'll crack $50k in the next 28 days? It might not sound like much more, but the vast majority of people who will pledge more than a few bucks have probably already pledged.

#177 10 years ago

GREAT stuff! Hopefully you have no issue hitting the $50k.

#190 10 years ago

It's well deserved. Someone needs to take pinball to the next level, you guys are perfect for it. We need something to come out of pinballs recent surge in popularity besides crazy high prices. This project is it.

Quoted from bkerins:

Thank you to everyone for the help and support.

#220 10 years ago

Has a live weekly / monthly call in show been discussed for PAPA.tv? I listen to a lot of podcasts that do this monthly. Have you guys thought about taking live calls and talking about things like repairs, the latest and greatest, game reviews, playing tips etc?

1 week later
    #243 10 years ago

Well DAMN, you can't just have ONE shirt, can you? These are exclusive to this, right? I hope so.

#247 10 years ago

Yah, the TV shirt is a bit meh.

Quoted from swinks:

I don't mind the dragon shirt, but the OTHER shirt would look cool if it had a pinball inside the TV and backer somewhere around the TV.

#258 10 years ago

Are the shirts exclusive to the Kickstarter or are they going to be sold available afterward?

Quoted from bkerins:

Anyone can get "one of each" by adding $30 to an existing donation of at least $50.

#270 10 years ago

I can't wait to see what they do with this.

#276 10 years ago

The app sounds great. I don't think they'll make it which is a shame but I'd love them to. Hopefully I'll eat my words.

#281 10 years ago

No kidding. Even if it get's 1/2 way there, just make the app $.99.

Quoted from alveolus:

The app needs to happen. I would gladly pay for it.

#289 10 years ago

Just upped my pledge... Again. Good luck!

#319 10 years ago

Congrats!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-kickstarter?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.