Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    PAPA_tokens.png
    tournay.png
    backed.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 11 years ago

Yes. Whatever you do, please do not spend $750 to make anyone play IJ4. Please.

#87 11 years ago

At 35,000 viewers, we would eat through the "9,000 viewer hours" of the Ustream Pro Enterprise plan very quickly, then into the 20c/viewer/hour overage. Any suggestions are appreciated, and thanks to the huge number of contributors!

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Donated enough to get a shirt
    I would love more coverage that is downloadable or streamable later after the events are done for those of us that can't always break away to watch live

The goal is for every piece of content we do to be available offline. In the short term (within a week) Ustream and Twitch provide replays of content. In the long term we produce videos available for download or streamed play.

It'll be faster than it used to be, when you used to have to wait up to a year to see footage from a tournament!

#132 11 years ago

Thanks again everyone! I'm excited for some of the things that come next once the Kickstarter reaches $37,500. At that point PAPA has pretty much all the equipment they need or want, and then the conversation shifts to some ways to create great content for everyone.

#138 11 years ago

Somehow I can't picture Neil Shatz shouting "boom". Well, I can, but it wouldn't really be considered shouting.

#171 10 years ago

We have some big ideas coming once we reach the $37,500 stretch goal that is out there now. Expect to hear more about it today, tomorrow, or Monday, whenever the goal is reached.

This is probably the last goal about improved technology to deliver PAPA TV... now the goals shift to creating great content for the channel.

Thanks!

http://papa.tv

#173 10 years ago

Try right-clicking. That should give you the option to save the file directly. On Mac the right-click is usually with two fingers or with the Option key held down.

#183 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

bump,
    noticed the $38k bonus reward was pulled and fund raising slowed up alot.

There was a large-donation backer who had to cancel, so it looks like things slowed down a lot when they're actually pretty much at the same speed. The $38,000 reward (tutorial) was never changed, and the $37,000 reward (ringtone) was never changed either.

Thanks to everyone for your interest. The key to advancing goals is publicity! Helping other people know about PAPA is the way to get more interest and backers!

To Excalabur: thanks. PAPA doesn't control those charges (I think it's an $8 minimum). Shipping for a T-shirt and a token is also $8!

#188 10 years ago

Kick it in! For $750 the backer can request ("force") any specific tutorial.

Also, big thanks to the crews from FSPA and BAPA for coming together with big bids for custom tokens. Only two custom tokens left, and the next backer could push us over the $40,000 threshold!

Thank you to everyone for the help and support.

#192 10 years ago

The PAPA.tv Kickstarter passes $40,000, double its original goal, with a donation from a guy named Todd MacCulloch. I think I used to boo that guy.

Thanks everyone. If you have other ideas for rewards or content that don't involve writing a 30-page text file, let us know!

#196 10 years ago

You're kidding about asking Lyman to do that. Lyman can do a lot better with his time than I can. Would you rather have him write 30 pages of actual pinball code or 30 pages of comments?

#200 10 years ago

Thanks Swinks. We can't really do that with the art, because almost all of it is copyrighted by both the artists and the game manufacturers. The same goes for music. Getting permission from the artists and manufacturers might not be enough to convince Kickstarter that the images are usable, and we don't want to accidentally negate the project.

More public-domain ringtones are coming! Also, all hail Lyman and the other pinball designers, programmers, and artists that make what we're doing possible in the first place.

#206 10 years ago

Chocky, this thread is for the PAPA TV Kickstarter campaign (see http://papa.tv for the details), with PAPA creating a video channel for live coverage of pinball tournaments and all things pinball. I don't like the idea of creating a mini Kickstarter for rule sheets, either

Every $1000 donated to the Kickstarter will add a video tutorial, with many of them broadcast live with the potential for questions and suggestions, and at $50,000 PAPA will film and broadcast cross-country from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles and back. At 550 and 600 backers, new ringtones will be released.

Thanks and save those quid for a pinball machine or a shared drink someday.

#222 10 years ago

Thanks Shane! To Jalpert -- a lot of different options have been discussed for what PAPA TV might look like. I think the focus should be on the game itself a lot more than conversations about the game. Taking live calls sounds like fun... taking live calls while people are playing pin sounds even better to me!

FYI, there's only one "Minty Fresh" award remaining, so if you are part of a group wanting to make a token, time to get moving

Thanks everyone. The next ringtone will be posted at 550 backers (7 away!) so pester your friends into donating $1...

#224 10 years ago

I'd rather not encourage people to bring alcohol into PAPA HQ...

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from SolarRide:

Bowen, will PAPA TV feature pay-per-view matchups like Mayweather vs. Guerrero (matched-up players get a percentage of the kickstart/pay-per-view fee based on their ranking divided by their ranking plus their opponents' ranking) ?

Quiet you, we can't talk about that stretch goal yet

#235 10 years ago

Running right up against $45,000 now. We've put together some more of the token sets, so if you missed out on that, there are a few more.

More details coming soon. We've got a week and a half left! Thanks everyone for your support.

#238 10 years ago

Sorry, I really don't know what I should be looking at in that Vans website. Any details on what ideas you meant?

#254 10 years ago

Thanks JMR! The Kickstarter just pushed past the $47,000 mark super-quickly with several people stepping up to order both shirts. Anyone can get "one of each" by adding $30 to an existing donation of at least $50.

Just a heads-up as well: $50,000 is PAPA TV's current goal, not its final goal...

#260 10 years ago

The shirts are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign and will only be available to campaign backers.

#271 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! We've got a new goal now: a free app for players to read rule sheets, watch videos, learn about tournaments, and watch PAPA TV content. The next goal is less than $7,000 away...

The road trip should be really entertaining, with lots to see and show.

Another ringtone will be coming at 650 backers.

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The app sounds great. I don't think they'll make it which is a shame but I'd love them to. Hopefully I'll eat my words.

Strange things can happen in the first and last hours of Kickstarter campaigns...

#282 10 years ago

"Even if it gets 1/2 way there" = reality. The stretch goal now has $3,300 to go with 18 hours left. Thanks again!

I also think the app needs to be free in order to reach its audience. There's a world of difference in the land of phone apps between free and 99 cents.

#293 10 years ago

Thanks again, everyone. Closing in: 4h 25m to the end, and $1707 to the final goal.

http://papa.tv -- links to Kickstarter for now, coming soon!

#295 10 years ago

... over $56,000! Holy s&*t!

#315 10 years ago

I work for Dr Pepper and Bueno bars. +$432 now! Wow, thanks so much everyone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-kickstarter?tu=bkerins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.