Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    PAPA_tokens.png
    tournay.png
    backed.png
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 10 years ago

Donated

#252 10 years ago

I'm glad someone asked about the BAO, because I just assumed that it was the standard abbreviation for "best available option" and didn't know that the dragons made that noise.

#253 10 years ago

I caved and purchased one of the 2 remaining "20-way combo deluxe" packages, inching the total pledged to the $46,750 mark

I'd like to think that with 8 days remaining, they'll hit their $50K goal

#254 10 years ago

Thanks JMR! The Kickstarter just pushed past the $47,000 mark super-quickly with several people stepping up to order both shirts. Anyone can get "one of each" by adding $30 to an existing donation of at least $50.

Just a heads-up as well: $50,000 is PAPA TV's current goal, not its final goal...

#255 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Just a heads-up as well: $50,000 is PAPA TV's current goal, not its final goal...

#256 10 years ago

TOS option convinced me to re-up. 50k no problem.

#257 10 years ago

I'm a bit 'meh' on both those t-shirts. I choose the t shirt option because there are some great designs in the catalogue already. A new exclusive T-shirt by same design team seemed awesome, but...

I'd be happy if it just said Papa TV and no mention of the 'backer' status

The 'bao' thing... Maybe it will grow on me. I remember watching that video way back when, but I never clicked what the bao thing was all about when it came up again for this kickstarter. Very much an inside joke, but maybe that will be the charm. Or I'll get fed up with people asking why the dragon says bao. We'll see.

#258 10 years ago

Are the shirts exclusive to the Kickstarter or are they going to be sold available afterward?

Quoted from bkerins:

Anyone can get "one of each" by adding $30 to an existing donation of at least $50.

#259 10 years ago

Seems like nobody is going to pay $30 for a T shirt once the Kickstarter is done.

#260 10 years ago

The shirts are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign and will only be available to campaign backers.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

I'd be happy if it just said Papa TV and no mention of the 'backer' status

+1 if you are taking opinions. I'd like to support PAPA by wearing it, I have no need to promote myself as a backer.

#262 10 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

I think the dragon shirt would be a lot better if it didn't have the word backer on it and I like the tv one for not having that word on it.

I agree. I too like the second shirt better for this reason.

I'd actually strike all the "PAPA tv Backer" wording from the bottom of the dragon shirt because of redundancy (it already has "papa tv" on the backglass). Anything that lists "papa tv" on a t-shirt implicitly implies some level of support... but everyone is different, so there are two shirts.

#263 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I caved and purchased one of the 2 remaining "20-way combo deluxe" packages, inching the total pledged to the $46,750 mark

Not going to sell them are you???

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Not going to sell them are you???

I'm not going sell my set, but I'd be happy to help out a fellow "other side of the globe" pinsider. check your pm's

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'd like to think that with 8 days remaining, they'll hit their $50K goal

congrats, would of loved one of those

#266 10 years ago

Just bumping this topic up as a reminder that the Kickstarter ends in 4 days. I finally adjusted my pledge from $50 to $80 a few days ago (to get both t-shirts and help the cause) after procrastinating for a while.

They're about $1300 away from the $50,000 There And Back Again goal, and I think it'd be cool if they got there.

#267 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

congrats, would of loved one of those

there are more to be had

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Just bumping this topic up as a reminder that the Kickstarter ends in 4 days. I finally adjusted my pledge from $50 to $80 a few days ago (to get both t-shirts and help the cause) after procrastinating for a while.
    They're about $1300 away from the $50,000 There And Back Again goal, and I think it'd be cool if they got there.

And now over $50,000.

Congrats to PAPA, all backers, and the entire pinball-on-TV-watching community. I can't wait for the additional content to start flowing.

#269 10 years ago

Love the 4th ring tone.. Bit of a worry cos I might not want to answer the call!!! Wonder what the next level will be...

#270 10 years ago

I can't wait to see what they do with this.

#271 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! We've got a new goal now: a free app for players to read rule sheets, watch videos, learn about tournaments, and watch PAPA TV content. The next goal is less than $7,000 away...

The road trip should be really entertaining, with lots to see and show.

Another ringtone will be coming at 650 backers.

#272 10 years ago

Black pyramid end of ball bonus countdown for the next ring tone????

#273 10 years ago

I extracted the Dragon "bawoo" from the Classic Game Room review right when it got published, and installed it as my SMS signal.

Congratulations to PAPA on the excelent fund raising result.

#274 10 years ago

Okay I caved and sent in a donation, you guys do great work Bowen, keep it up

#275 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Thanks everyone! We've got a new goal now: a free app for players to read rule sheets, watch videos, learn about tournaments, and watch PAPA TV content. The next goal is less than $7,000 away...
    The road trip should be really entertaining, with lots to see and show.
    Another ringtone will be coming at 650 backers.

Hope it makes it to this app stretch goal. That sounds very cool!

#276 10 years ago

The app sounds great. I don't think they'll make it which is a shame but I'd love them to. Hopefully I'll eat my words.

#277 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

We've got a new goal now: a free app for players to read rule sheets, watch videos, learn about tournaments, and watch PAPA TV content

I just got the email. I too hope the stretch goal happens. Would love an app to keep up with this madness

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The app sounds great. I don't think they'll make it which is a shame but I'd love them to. Hopefully I'll eat my words.

Strange things can happen in the first and last hours of Kickstarter campaigns...

#279 10 years ago

I've tossed in, bump, and BAO!

#280 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The app needs to happen. I would gladly pay for it.

#281 10 years ago

No kidding. Even if it get's 1/2 way there, just make the app $.99.

Quoted from alveolus:

The app needs to happen. I would gladly pay for it.

#282 10 years ago

"Even if it gets 1/2 way there" = reality. The stretch goal now has $3,300 to go with 18 hours left. Thanks again!

I also think the app needs to be free in order to reach its audience. There's a world of difference in the land of phone apps between free and 99 cents.

#283 10 years ago

Amazing that only 24 hours ago it was not at 50K... Super effort. Looks like I might need to get a smart phone

#284 10 years ago

Just pledged a hundie but wasn't given the option of what size t shirt I want or if I wanted a blu ray.

#285 10 years ago

Justed upped my pledge. Hope they get that app made.

#286 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just pledged a hundie but wasn't given the option of what size t shirt I want or if I wanted a blu ray.

Check your email. They confirm your pledge, then adv you that after the pledge drive, you will receive another email asking for shirt size, etc.

#287 10 years ago

Just about 10 hours left now. The app goal seems possible with a nice closing push.

#288 10 years ago

Upped my donation for the app goal. Any machine I've ever even considered buying has been researched on PAPA's archives. I feel I owe it to them.

#289 10 years ago

Just upped my pledge... Again. Good luck!

#290 10 years ago

Congrats on a well run Kickstarter. I think if the original goal was $50k, it would have seemed too much, and never built momentum. I look forward to the future broadcasts.

#291 10 years ago

Deadline got me to finally commit to a pledge level.

Do Good Things, PAPA

#292 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Check your email. They confirm your pledge, then adv you that after the pledge drive, you will receive another email asking for shirt size, etc.

Got it..... Thanks!

#293 10 years ago

Thanks again, everyone. Closing in: 4h 25m to the end, and $1707 to the final goal.

http://papa.tv -- links to Kickstarter for now, coming soon!

#294 10 years ago

Ok. Additional pledge sent. Deadline is too compelling to resist.

#295 10 years ago

... over $56,000! Holy s&*t!

#296 10 years ago

Awesome news.
    Can't wait for everything to get fired up.

#297 10 years ago

I think this is the first Kickstarter I've supported that actually hit the funding goal. Super happy for you guys, you deserve it.

#298 10 years ago

Donation sent.

#299 10 years ago

looks like 3 hours left and just $1,200 to meet the PAPA app goal....

YOU CAN DO IT!

If guys are on the fence, please donate, this will totally help pinball and benefit all of us pinsiders too!

#300 10 years ago

More like 2 hours, it said 3 hours 45 minutes ago. We can do this!

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-kickstarter/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.