(Topic ID: 59431)

PAPA 16 congrats thread that went off the rails

By SteveP3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mottwally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 10 years ago

I used to play disc golf quite a bit. Got hooked, and entered a tournament. I played for about a year before entering. Read up on the rules a bit, and entered in the lowest class since it was my first tournament.

I played very well that day. Beat everyone in my foursome by a good margin. I didn't win it, but I was called out as a sand bagger from folks that have played longer than me in that class. They were pissed at me.

I had a good day, and I'm the asshole that should have known how to pick my class in my first tournament. They were the ones telling me which discs I should have thrown, and how to follow through the first few holes.

That soured me towards the sport big time. Competitive disc golf is full of jerks who want to win instead of have fun. Which, was all I wanted... Fun.

My discs have sat in my bag for over 2 seasons, and I have no desire to play after that.

I will never enter any competition for anything with a small niche of enthusiasts. They seem to be more worried about other people than just to have fun.

That's just me though. Maybe it is really important to beat that kid that is having a good day.

Edit: I'm pretty drunk right now. I may regret this in the morning. I apologize ahead of time. And, God bless spellcheck.

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Disc golf ...,,hmmm I think regret starts there

Ouch.

Does that make me some kind of weird hippy nerd for liking Disc golf?

F#$% me for my terrible past playing disc golf.

I have seen the light, and am now hooked on the non-nerd hobby of Pinball.

I am now saved because people who play pinball are way better than those dirty smelly folks that throw those plastic discs around.

People who have hobbies are bad. There, I said it.

God forbid you are one of those RC types.......

Pinball is the elite hobby, and anyone doing anything else should be ashamed.

ASHAMED I TELL YOU!!

Even more drunk. Even more sorry tomorrow....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mottwally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-is-online-check-it-out?tu=mottwally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.