(Topic ID: 59431)

PAPA 16 congrats thread that went off the rails

By SteveP3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheChrisCompton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 10 years ago

I played in "C". I am ranked 1138th. I did not qualify, but it had nothing to do with Escher or anyone else being in the division. It had to do with me. I had four entries that would have qualified me if I had played just a reasonable game 5. In the most memorable I had played 4 solid games and just needed 25 points or so. I had AC/DC left. I own it and played about 200 games on it the week before PAPA. I had the second highest score in C div for the week on the game. It was set up easy with a factory ball save and a generous tilt. 30 million would have done it. I scored under 6. Was this Escher's fault? Did he intimidate me with his IFPA ranking? Nope. I choked. One thing about 10 year olds is they don't choke. They may play badly, they may make silly decisions, they may get distracted, but they don't choke. 48 year olds choke because they make the game more important than it is (and most of the people in this thread are doing the same thing - even a number who apparently did not go, but want to critique - It's only pinball after all...) To kids it's still just a game. PAPA is a tough format and quite frankly when you get below the really top echelon of players the winner will be the calmest, least emotional player who got a few good bounces that week. If you have never been, it is definitely worth the trip. And please tip the washroom attendant. That guy busts his ass. Hearty congrats to all that bested me this weekend. I will be back for more punishment at Pinburgh in April.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

Yeah competition brings out the worst in me. Chris Compton was one of the nicest people I met there during the qualifying rounds (as was Chad Hyatt) but a part of me celebrated every time either one of them had a low score on acdc, tron, Transformers or ripleys.

I love brutal honesty. Evan is my new hero! Congrats EB.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheChrisCompton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-is-online-check-it-out?tu=TheChrisCompton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.