(Topic ID: 59431)

PAPA 16 congrats thread that went off the rails

By SteveP3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEWSHO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone know how the B and C divisions went down?

I saw a certain whysnow listed in the qualifying for B division. Couldn't seem to find any final standings though for all 3 divisions. So how was your first PAPA experience? Are we carpooling next year?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am interested in Pinburgh as that format sounds like lots of fun.

Hopefully with my Mrs. back to work I'll be able to get to a few events not around here. Glad to hear you had a good time!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I did put a few entries in the "C" bank which had a really nice selection of games but I didn't end up qualifying (I finished 25th).

Congrats!! I think 25th is a great showing!! We should all hit Pinburgh next year for sure.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Your estimation of what constitutes an A, B, or C player at the world championship is way off base.

All these people congratulating you on an awesome win and this is what you come back with?

White knighting for a 10 year old kid is admirable but unnecessary. I think everyone here knows whysnow is a bit over the top in the forums. In person you couldn't ask to meet a nicer person.

Now, appologize whysnow, so we can put this nonsense behind us.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

There is no way a player, regardless of age, with his resume should have been playing in "C" division.
    Look at his IFPA page and the people he has beaten, very impressive.
    Not sure why people are piling on Whysnow for making a pretty fair observation.

I, for one, was not piling on whysnow. I think, as ralphwiggum said, that it was delivery. I respect whysnow very much and if he says he's willing to put in the work (to make things better) I have no doubt he means it. Matter of fact I will probably need help getting WCS out of the basement for Mad Rollin Pinball 2013 and I'm sure whysnow will be HAPPY to help.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

and even some dq's in the finals (myself on woz and Les on Avatar)

How did that happen?

And also very nice of OP to change the title of the post after whysnow appologized.

Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Escher is, bar none, the most fun person to play pinball with in a competitive setting. His enthusiasm is contagious.

Wish my 10 year old enjoyed pinball this much

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

Must've been instant Karma for me being happy that les was dq'd on Avatar.

That is probably the most honest thing I've ever read on Pinside. Good on you!
    Sorry to hear you guys went out that way though. I get so nervous I'll probably do it someday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEWSHO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-tv-is-online-check-it-out?tu=DEWSHO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.